Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 12, 2021 12:51PM
We got a pulling class Farm fresh 9 mph speed limit. And I'm wanting to get a case 70 series or 1175? I'm just asking what would be recommended to start with. I been looking at some 9 and 1070 and a 1175 buti really just some advice.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 12, 2021 04:04PM
1175 will work fine with the 451 engine but if you see yourself spending more money on it and running a too hot to farm or hot farm type class I would look for a 9 or 1070 8 speed then you don’t have to deal with the planetary setup and put a large journal 504 in it. The 451 has the not so great pencil injectors and a smaller pump. There are several engines with the big crank but you’ll want the heads with the Bosch thread in injectors and a 10mm pump found in the larger models of the 70 and 90/94 series.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 06:29AM
Ok so I need a 70 series then cause I'm doing this with my 12 and 15 year old boys and will probably want to go faster at some point I didn't know if the 1175 was better or worse with the outside planetary. I'm having trouble finding a 70 series set up with a eight speed is the power shift just out of the question for a farm class?

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 07:27AM
Yes if you can find a 70 series 8 speed that would be ideal but like I say the 1175 will work. The planetaries are heavy and hard to find pressed steel or aluminum rims for them. If you bolt the torque limiter down and up the pressure a power shift will hold for a farm class but I personally wouldn’t use one. The 8 speed is strong, simple, and lots of options for gearing.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 13, 2021 10:35AM
What the heck is a "Fresh Farm" class.....what kind of rules are there ?
I get the 9 mph, but.........

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 06:34AM
I'm not really sure on the rules there's some pretty hot tractors in it for sure. There's a 1370 in it and bunch of red iron that have little bigger turbos and bigger pumps

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 13, 2021 01:07PM
Find yourself a farmers market.
Most stuff at them is farm fresh, and raised with no chemicals or additives.
Hauled to town in a clean electric vehicle.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 09:12AM
Vegetable Farmer
Find yourself a farmers market.
Most stuff at them is farm fresh, and raised with no chemicals or additives.
Hauled to town in a clean electric vehicle.

Ya.....and somewhere between the pee's and carrot's , you'll find the tractors, right ? Smiling

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 09:06AM
how about a phone number

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 12:14PM
Farm fresh now that's a new one. I think I might have a couple of those around.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 02:31PM
jd43
Farm fresh now that's a new one. I think I might have a couple of those around.

Hey, what's another some what , "close" to stock class, right !
We have how many now, what's another.....lol

Pro farm
Super farm
Hot farm
To Hot To Farm
Modified farm
Farm stock
Stock
Bone stock
and now Farm fresh, (don't mean to affend anyone), and i'm probably missing a few.
Probably ment to be a low budget class, but every time one strays from rated, or a % over that, it soon becomes a high budget one, and you'll never avoid it.

I would bet it's something similiar to one of the above, but I'd still like to see the rules.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 19, 2021 07:27AM
So I did little asking around and pretty much 3lm turbo I can use a p pump 9 mph at 2800 rpm and a 20 in. Hitch. I didn't name the class guys I'm just looking to have some fun with my boys in the local pulling class.
Will a 870 work for what I want or is everything to light and not the same

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 14, 2021 12:43PM
Where are you located?

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 19, 2021 07:29AM
Diagonal IA.

Re: Looking to build or buy a farm fresh tractor September 20, 2021 02:13AM
Dreamin
Diagonal IA.

Ok, there is a guy in northern Indiana with 4 or 5 case tractors all with the 8 speed trans for sale. $5k each. If you were closer and were still looking, I'm sure they would be worth checking out if he hasn't sold them yet.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,612, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing