Gordywana September 14, 2021 08:09AM
Just announced it's returning to the MEC again.

[www.whatssmokin.net]

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: MidWest Winternationals September 14, 2021 08:19AM
Glad to hear they found a spot for 2022. Maybe we should all start calling it the MidWest Winternationals instead of all the other options so that way if it moves again there will be less confusion for people.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: MidWest Winternationals September 14, 2021 08:44AM
The MEC is a really nice facility; I appreciate the time at Gordyville but this is a good change.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordywana September 14, 2021 12:47PM
Glad to see this!

Re: Gordywana September 14, 2021 02:20PM
I seen a few class changes, there's no longer antique classes, 6500 pro farm, and 15mph farm stock. I think this will hurt a group of pullers that many of us don't think about. Gordyville gave a place for the guys who built tractors on a budget to pull on a big stage in the winter. Not that i totally agreed with the rules in these classes but i will miss the variety these tractors gave to the show. I'd like to see them try to get pro stocks back as well and if they dont have enough time in a 3 day show for all of these classes then it may be time to add another day to the show. If they're getting enough interest from fans and pullers I'd say its worth a shot.

Re: Gordywana September 14, 2021 02:48PM
Gordyville Veteran Spectator
I seen a few class changes, there's no longer antique classes, 6500 pro farm, and 15mph farm stock. I think this will hurt a group of pullers that many of us don't think about. Gordyville gave a place for the guys who built tractors on a budget to pull on a big stage in the winter. Not that i totally agreed with the rules in these classes but i will miss the variety these tractors gave to the show. I'd like to see them try to get pro stocks back as well and if they dont have enough time in a 3 day show for all of these classes then it may be time to add another day to the show. If they're getting enough interest from fans and pullers I'd say its worth a shot.
Chris Kahrhoff and I put together the Heritage Pro Stock class and I wish it was still part of the program. In light of time constraints (a midnight curfew) something had to give and it was one of the last classes added so in theory it should be one of the first out...and I'm ok with that. I thank Klint for making the class possible and just because it's out for now doesn't mean it can't come back at some point. Antiques as it stands are just as busy in the winter from Pennsylvania to Oklahoma as they are in the summer doing local club events.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals September 14, 2021 04:55PM
As Bryan said there is a curfew put in place on when the pull needs to be done (Midnight) each night or there will be an additional fee for every hour past midnight put in place by the building. I do want to make a correction to the schedule. The 12,000 15MPH class is on for Session 1 (Thursday Afternoon) and 11,000 Pro Farm for Session 5 (Saturday Afternoon). That was my fault when adding the classes to the website they were left off. We strive to offer as many pullers the opportunity to pull indoors as possible. We look forward a great event and an even better show than last year at the MEC with 1 year under us. Every year we try to put the best show possible for the fans and pullers. We want to thank all the pullers and fans that have stayed with us through all the ups and downs the last several years! If any puller has a question about the online registration you can email me at zoercwi@gmail.com

Ryan Zoellick
Whatssmokin Promotion Media/Tech Department

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals September 14, 2021 11:26PM
[www.whatssmokin.net]

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals September 25, 2021 05:15AM
[www.whatssmokin.net]

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals September 25, 2021 12:08PM
Ryan Zoellick
As Bryan said there is a curfew put in place on when the pull needs to be done (Midnight) each night or there will be an additional fee for every hour past midnight put in place by the building. I do want to make a correction to the schedule. The 12,000 15MPH class is on for Session 1 (Thursday Afternoon) and 11,000 Pro Farm for Session 5 (Saturday Afternoon). That was my fault when adding the classes to the website they were left off. We strive to offer as many pullers the opportunity to pull indoors as possible. We look forward a great event and an even better show than last year at the MEC with 1 year under us. Every year we try to put the best show possible for the fans and pullers. We want to thank all the pullers and fans that have stayed with us through all the ups and downs the last several years! If any puller has a question about the online registration you can email me at zoercwi@gmail.com

Ryan Zoellick
Whatssmokin Promotion Media/Tech Department

Ryan,

Thanks for the great work and thanks for keeping us up to date with all the details and changes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 26, 2021 03:00AM
Just got my letter for the box seats and am a little puzzled by the 50% price increase. I realize it's a much nicer facility, and the boxes are bigger, but nowhere did I see if it still includes the usual 8 passes, or did they add more? I'll sell an extra kidney so I can still go lol!

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 26, 2021 05:27AM
Ed it's simple, grilled was 18k Hager was 20k, Ship is over 60k and Bungart is north of 40k. You just got to pay to play.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 26, 2021 01:54PM
Why does a sled from so far away need to come to Shipshe? When Nearpass #15 resides only an hour away.
And 2 or 3 other very capable sleds reside not too far away in northeast Indiana.
All of those sleds handle during the summer, the kind of power seen at the winter Shipshe pull.
Certainly those sleds should be cheaper to rent, as they do not have to travel far to get work.
Is the smoke removal system something that Klint owns? Guess that is the whole key to the riddle right there.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 12:12AM
I kind of feel like what sled Klint rents for whatever price is not any of our business. Sure, pullers like to know what sled their hooking to so they can make any adjustments, but the price is none of our concern, that's between the promotor and the sled owner and no one else.

Ticket price is our concern, and I'd say that inflation is happening all around us right now, food, fuel, clothing, etc... Everything is more expensive and I'm guessing that's true for Klint and the crew too. Once you factor in inflation and you remove some of the hook fees because of the classes removed due to the curfew the cost has to be made up somewhere and ticket prices are the only other way to increase revenue.

InjPumpEd - It's definitely a fair question about 8 passes for box seats or has it been increased (especially since the boxes are bigger)?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 02:00AM
NE IN
Why does a sled from so far away need to come to Shipshe? When Nearpass #15 resides only an hour away.
And 2 or 3 other very capable sleds reside not too far away in northeast Indiana.
All of those sleds handle during the summer, the kind of power seen at the winter Shipshe pull.
Certainly those sleds should be cheaper to rent, as they do not have to travel far to get work.
Is the smoke removal system something that Klint owns? Guess that is the whole key to the riddle right there.

It's no riddle, it's pretty simple: Klint and the Bungarts have a longstanding, year-round working relationship. They have the logistics and infrastructure to do it. Its a monumental job to prepare an indoor facility for a pull and they have been doing it for several years in tandem. Keep in mind that this isn't a snub of Nearpass or any of the other high quality sleds in the area...if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 04:48AM
Bryan Lively

It's no riddle, it's pretty simple: Klint and the Bungarts have a longstanding, year-round working relationship. They have the logistics and infrastructure to do it. Its a monumental job to prepare an indoor facility for a pull and they have been doing it for several years in tandem. Keep in mind that this isn't a snub of Nearpass or any of the other high quality sleds in the area...if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

And it's not like they are gonna get a sled from Bauer, since he will only go to NTPA and outlaws.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 05:24AM
Bauer, does NFMS and has done Simon's Iowa pulls.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 07:26AM
Greg k
Bauer, does NFMS and has done Simon's Iowa pulls.

I know.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? October 02, 2021 12:40AM
Just an FYI- Last winter the Florida State Pullers had several events and they were live streamed on FB and I watched them. Nearpass's 2 sleds were in Florida all winter providing service there. I am not sure that this coming winter that will be the case, but if so he might be already in the warmer sunny Florida area when this event takes place.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 02:20AM
So it's still 8 passes? other than some expense explanations, never answered that part of my question. I fully understand everything going up, but we have to see added value to that big hike. What was 132 per person is now going to be 195. Thanks Jake for trying to answer it. While many will still bite the bullet and go, I bet that will thin the crowd down some.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 05:40AM
InjPumpEd
So it's still 8 passes? other than some expense explanations, never answered that part of my question. I fully understand everything going up, but we have to see added value to that big hike. What was 132 per person is now going to be 195. Thanks Jake for trying to answer it. While many will still bite the bullet and go, I bet that will thin the crowd down some.

Don't go then it's that simple. Everythings getting stupid high motel rooms will be higher

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 01:57PM
Still no one has answered my question: "Is the smoke removal system something that Klint owns? "

And yes Jake, "Ticket price is our concern". Just like any form of entertainment.
However, if the sled rental is a (very) major factor for the 50% increase in ticket prices, then obviously, a sled rental that is significantly more cost effective should be considered. Especially if the smoke appartus is actually owned by Klint.

Inflation is not at 50% or anywhere close to such. So yes, it is our / my business to decide if we / I will pay such an exoribitant inflated ticket price.
Too bad my social security check does not increase 50%. Doubt it will even be 5%. Being doing great if they even do 2.5%. So see, Jake, that does not even begin
to line up with Klint's superbly increased ticket prices.

And do not tell me "Don't go then it's that simple." That is Not the point.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 03:05PM
Klint bought his own smoke tube in 2020, but quickly was collapsed and ruined it during Wednesday night test passes and caused issues all weekend long. The whole smoke tube and exhaust system is owned by Donnie Bungart, another reason why Klint used Bungart over other sled operators. Plus they are one of the best in the business, and as mentioned before, Klint deals with them all summer long and has a good relationship with them.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 03:21PM
I clearly stated that ticket price is your concern... let me be more clear, it's the only part of the business transaction that you get to make a choice on... "go" or "don't go". That's the only choice you make about the event. NOTHING ELSE is in your control. It doesn't matter if it's rent that forces the ticket price up, or sled rental, advertising, lack of sponsorship, or any other factor or all those factors combined. That's Klints concern, NOT YOURS. Your only concern is ticket prices. The "why" it's higher is completely our of your control. All those other details are not in your hands and you can't do one single thing about them. Klint makes those decisions and I'm sure he weighs the Pros and Cons of each choice. He also has the right to raise prices to whatever he wants for any reason, or no reason what-so-ever and if he wants to make a bigger profit that's his business too (he can raise them 400% if he thinks the market will support that, that's our Free Market at work...). He also doesn't have to offer any explanation of price increase if he doesn't want to. ALL you can do is look at the ticket prices and see if it's something YOU can afford or if it's something that YOU are willing to pay. That's all you can do.

Now answering InjPumpEd's question about the number of seats in a box seems completely reasonable if it's not clearly stated so you know what you're buying.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 27, 2021 04:47PM
I don't know about pull ticket price increases, but I stopped at our local Subway today.......$9.88 for a foot long cold cut sandwich???? Now that is a price increase. Is it that way other places? JW

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 28, 2021 01:08AM
haven't been in a subway since they hired the pink haired kneeler

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 28, 2021 01:18AM
10-4 on that ol George no subway ever again

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 28, 2021 01:36AM
Klint did reach out to me and confirmed it is 8 passes still, and explained the increase. Thanks for answering Klint! As much as we dislike price increases on literally everything now, we still bite the bullet and pay the piper to enjoy what we love doing!

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 28, 2021 02:39PM
Gee, Jake, I asked a legitmate question and gave my reasons for such. But, as you too often do, you have to have your monthly hissy fit along with your panties
apparantly in a tight wad.
Do you really think I am so stupid that you have to point out all those exact details you so eloquently stated.
You just might be surprised what I have for an economics degree and where it came from. And all the people I have helped in their personal economic well being
over the decades.
Settle down Jake and go get your ADHD medicine. And learn to have respect for your posters.

Brent, thanks for answering my question. Glad somebody finally did.

InjPumpEd, do you mind sharing what Klint said about the big ticket price increase? Actually be nice if Klint would come on here and inform us.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 28, 2021 10:59PM
Jake states the truth

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 29, 2021 01:07AM
Cost of the facility is much higher than Gordyville is how I took it. Stands to reason, it is a much nicer facility. Once past the initial sticker shock, I can understand.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 29, 2021 08:28AM
Dear Dave Dann (aka NE IN or a dozen other names you use),

I have respect for posters... that's why I tried to respectfully explain to you about the costs. You didn't like my answer and you made confusing comments and didn't appear to grasp my point so then I tried to clarify and use more clear wording. Reread my comments, there's not a single personal attack towards anyone, just an explanation. Not ranting, not mad, not the least bit upset in anyway, just trying to explain something clearly and bluntly so anyone could understand it. I tried to make it basic and simple since you seemed confused to the point I was making (Final clarification, the point I'm making as I stated earlier, your concern is simply: is the price of tickets something you're willing to pay. That's the only thing you control). There was not one attack towards you!

It's always the same with you... you get on here anonymously and then you act like you've been oppressed or attacked when you don't like the answer. I almost never look at IP addresses on a post until there's an annoying back and forth, and every single time it's you hiding behind a fake name. Every single time it's you making a personal attack, you always make it weirdly personal. You're always the one who escalates this to some weird obsession / jealous rant.

I don't know why you're so jealous and obsessed (though I have my guesses) but it's not healthy. You're constantly going back and forth with myself or my father whenever we say something you don't agree with and you always get personal. It's weird, petty, sad really. I will give you credit for being consistent though.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 29, 2021 10:01AM
Jake, THIS IS the thing I don't like about anonymous posting. We always have posters acting like jackwagons simply because they can hide behind the keyboard. Some just like to stir the $h!t pot, now he needs to lick the spoon!

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? September 29, 2021 01:40PM
Like all things in life anonymous posting has it's Pros and Cons. I think the Pros of allowing it far outweigh the Cons so I allow it. This is definitely a Con but these interactions are pretty rare and they usually only occur with an individual or two.

If you look at the Forum at any given time there are constantly questions about: clutches, rear-ends, frames, engine setup, tire pressure, turbos, etc... Most pullers don't want to share that info with their close competitors so they don't know what they're doing, but if they can post anonymously they'll help a guy out that they'll probably never hook against. Lots of guys really like to help and share info, just not with the guy that's a foot or two behind them on the track. Anonymous lets them freely share.

Anonymous posting also allow people in-the-know to post info without taking heat for it. For example if an organization is planning on a change they might float that idea on the Forum to see what the response is so they know how to address it or to know whether it's something they really want to stand up for. Side note: don't let anyone fool you and say they don't look at the site... I hear that all the time and then those same people seem to telepathically/magically quote comments from the Forum to me.

In a perfect world everyone would post under their own name, but in the real world I put up with the headaches to give people a little more freedom to have options of how public they want to be.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2021 01:53PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? October 01, 2021 04:12PM
Well, THAT certainly quieted down quickly.
Spinning

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? October 01, 2021 11:57PM
Corn and Beans

Re: 2022 Midwest Winter Nationals Box seat ?? October 02, 2021 12:21AM
Autosteer

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2