work horse pro September 15, 2021 02:59PM
is the work horse pro a he she? does the carpet match the drapes?

Re: work horse pro September 15, 2021 11:36PM
Green engine

Re: work horse pro September 15, 2021 11:45PM
Riverside Big Block

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 06:05AM
I like same Engine same Tractor brand myself, but as a Puller that likes to follow the national Circuits to compete you need a powerplant that will make good power but is also reliable, you cant win a championship by missing hooks cause the Engine is broke, been there done that! Rob is a great Puller and He knows to win that Championship you have to make every call to Hook, therefore the choice was obvious. Side note, and back to the Rules...changes need to be made or the Pro Stock class could be in trouble. Gotta give Doug Roberts credit, he saw this issue on the horizon probably 10 years ago and came with a rule to help it.

BB

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 06:51AM
True fact and Rob blew one up this year at Farley even with all that.

CP

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 06:51AM
He may have seen the writing on the wall but in true to our tradition here we created another big motor little turbo class. The light pro class is the only single charger class in the nation that has a turbo rule that comes anywhere close to matching engine and turbo size.

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 07:32AM
It's a reverse watermelon. Red on the outside, green on the inside

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 07:33AM
Which begs the question why do we not go back to the rules that the engine had to match the sheet metal?

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 08:02AM
How about instead of a discussion on what motor he has lets say congrats on his good season its cool to see.

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 09:42AM
limited pro puller
How about instead of a discussion on what motor he has lets say congrats on his good season its cool to see.

How so? Nothing against Rob at all but a BBJD winning prostock whether it be points or a hook is really just as expected. Really not much exciting about that class anymore

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 02:36PM
I agree, it a john deere show for sure. The 680 rule in my opinion is the culprit of the class being a one color class. 540 would be better in my opinion and the light pros should be 540 or under with a charger limit. The current light pros should actually be the pro stock class. Just my opinion

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 03:35PM
thank lance little.

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 04:00PM
It wasn't just Lance Little, there were guys like the Sarvers, Carl Schuler with the Super Moose, and some others that were early Big Block pioneers in the class. Back in those days it was a Small Block Deere and IH class. Nobody wanted to be the bad guy and tell those guys to de-cube because they weren't dominant. Nobody that made rules saw the writing on the wall. Pulling rule makers have never been good about predicting where a class will go (Light Unlimited anyone?). Personally I think rules, especially bad rules are the single biggest problem with the sport. Sadly instead of fixing bad rules we just try to stick another bad rule on top of it and it only makes things worse, and the cycle just gets worse and worse.

The Work Horse is a beautiful tractor and I don't blame Rob Russell one bit for using the rules to his advantage, it's just sad that the rules are so bad that cross dressing is the best option..

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 11:33PM
Congratulations Rob!

When the only thing on a pulling tractor is the tin work and a recast block designed for pulling and not farming why would anyone care if that aftermarket block matched the hood. Doesn't make sense to me as a fan. These guys buy the best and run the best combo they can find and I'm glad they do! At that level it is about horsepower and that's it, it is a modified class that is tractor appearing...

An awesome class but who cares what block, hood, lugnut whatever they run. Build power and put safety equipment on and kick some tail in the color of your choice.

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 12:35AM
Exactly! ONE Piece of a stock tractor DON'T make it a JD or an IH. These are hot rod high performance MACHINES. NOTHING stock about any of them. And some of them are a RECAST block at that. Stock? Come on guys. If you want to watch some stock parts going down the track there is plenty of associations to go watch that.
Maybe I should go to my local dealer and buy a NH steering wheel and then maybe it will be a NH. Ha.
My suggestion....if you want to watch high HP fun you need to realize there is NOTHING stock about these machines. And I wouldn't want it another way. They are cool machines in these classes. Hope everyone has a great rest of their summer!

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 06:29AM
For some it doesn't matter. They just want to see the show, but motorsports are different from other sports. Brands matter and people root for brands. If brands don't matter then why does having different colors matter. I don't have numbers, but at all the pulls I go to the majority of the spectators around me root for a brand. The wear the hat of a certain brand.

If this isn't a big deal then why don't announcers ever discuss it during the pull. Because it will confuse and a lot of fans.

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 09:49AM
Speaking as a fan, as a fan, I like the idea of a Moline built to 680 with individually poured solid jugs/blocks and billet heads and a billet crank/crankcase...seems like if you could keep the bottom end alive the top side would be an easier fix whenever something breaks...

Oh, wait...that stuff already exists...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 01:26PM
JD8410 you sure have a hard on for IH’s don’t you? At the rate the pros are going it’ll end up like the DSS class! I dislike John Deere’s as much as anyone I know but I even know unless there’s variety there isn’t much to watch! The DSS class is a prime example and if you think the pros aren’t on the same path your delusional. There’s still hope to save it but not if there isn’t changes. If your BBJD is so superior why can’t it be just as superior at 540 or 600 ci?

Re: work horse pro September 16, 2021 11:42PM
Agreed
I agree, it a john deere show for sure. The 680 rule in my opinion is the culprit of the class being a one color class. 540 would be better in my opinion and the light pros should be 540 or under with a charger limit. The current light pros should actually be the pro stock class. Just my opinion

As a spectators view on this class and a small puller…..I agree with this^^. It’s made it a cookie cutter class that if you want to compete you HAVE to use a bbjd. Sure the other brands of engines work but they have to stretch it so thin it’s not reliable and makes pieces real quick and easily, the money to make it live is crazy high and that’s where the sport looses pullers as at that point the class dies. Drop it 100 or 140 ci and go from there, soon they will need to build bigger better sleds, longer tracks for this all. According to what has been said earlier in the thread that certain ppl have influence, it’s sad the pulling world tends to cater to big influence/money than do the right thing for the sport to make it survive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2021 12:04AM by IHFarmer07.

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 12:32AM
“Let’s grow pulling” I believe all would agree we want the sport to continue and see more butts in the bleachers… If engine swaps is the only way to stay competitive for some then I have no problem with them bringing more color to the class by doing this. Congrats the guys who are the reason those old dusty Orange and Yellow hats are pulled from the closet and back out at a hook or two……Trust me I see both sides….. and I get it….but seeing more color in a class is a good thing. By no means am I trying to step on toes… just my two cents…. Everyone have a blessed day,

Re: work horse pro September 17, 2021 02:18PM
All you oh guys hate 680 because you want rid of big block deere which you have been going after since it came out.
All I hear is we need color I’ve watch the 540 class on tv and I wouldn’t pay a dime to watch 17 red tractors and one green which other than pro stock every class is 90 %red. Oh and let’s not forget when this tractor came out the moline were big cubes and you hated them but getting rid of pressure gas done them in then you went from 15000 down to 12000 can’t beat them change the rules

Re: work horse pro September 18, 2021 02:19AM
Agree, every other class is all red. Even the light pros, there mostly red. The IH boys can’t handle defeat! Them and their trucks engines can relax!

Re: work horse pro September 18, 2021 04:39AM
Jd 8410
All you oh guys hate 680 because you want rid of big block deere which you have been going after since it came out.
All I hear is we need color I’ve watch the 540 class on tv and I wouldn’t pay a dime to watch 17 red tractors and one green which other than pro stock every class is 90 %red. Oh and let’s not forget when this tractor came out the moline were big cubes and you hated them but getting rid of pressure gas done them in then you went from 15000 down to 12000 can’t beat them change the rules

Its not a BBJD, its recast or billet, JD has nothing to do with it.

Re: work horse pro September 18, 2021 06:32AM
Recast block gets it. Still amuses me that anyone can honestly believe these machines are an IH or a JD. Goodness. As far as I'm concerned we can go to aluminum blocks for longevity. But that's just me.

Re: work horse pro September 18, 2021 10:12AM
The flaw in your theory is the recast blocks must share dimensions with their oem counterparts. So although they aren’t oem blocks they are just heavier versions of the oem block. If we really wanted to end this discussion the aftermarket blocks could/should be allowed to be built to the same dimensional specs.

Spot on and Mr 8410 above clearly don’t understand how power is generated

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 04:31AM
Dear Earnest
The flaw in your theory is the recast blocks must share dimensions with their oem counterparts. So although they aren’t oem blocks they are just heavier versions of the oem block. If we really wanted to end this discussion the aftermarket blocks could/should be allowed to be built to the same dimensional specs.

Spot on and Mr 8410 above clearly don’t understand how power is generated

They must share outside dimensions. SO WHAT???? They can relocate the cam bores, make it a four, even six main caps, move the bores, on and on. JD has nothing to do with it.

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 06:41AM
Dear no flaw: Cam bores and main caps don’t generate power. Try doing some critical thinking here Eye Rolling

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 07:06AM
Yes flaw
Dear no flaw: Cam bores and main caps don’t generate power. Try doing some critical thinking here Eye Rolling

Critical thinking? LOL. Of Course they don't generate power. They allow you to cram even more air and fuel into the chamber without the engine block exploding on the track.

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 11:29AM
I don’t think you can be helped lol

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 11:33AM
But I’ll try. What’s max bore size in a bbjd recast block and what is it in an IH recast block. Hopefully this will bring you out of the darkness Smoking

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 12:03PM
In it's "HAYDAY" the SILVER BULLET had a block recast from Cat, different anyway and stronger?????

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 01:36PM
Yes flaw are you upset that the big block deere can get a bigger bore size or are you stating the recast block can get a bigger bore size because from what I understand on a big block deere from factory the pro stocks are not pushing the limit as to what the block is capable of also I’have not heard of a recast big block deere but not saying they aren’t but recast small block and recast ih block also from what I understand the deck is raised so they don’t need a deck plate anymore

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 03:38PM
Jd 8410
Yes flaw are you upset that the big block deere can get a bigger bore size or are you stating the recast block can get a bigger bore size because from what I understand on a big block deere from factory the pro stocks are not pushing the limit as to what the block is capable of also I’have not heard of a recast big block deere but not saying they aren’t but recast small block and recast ih block also from what I understand the deck is raised so they don’t need a deck plate anymore

Upset would not be the correct term. Confused would be a better way of putting it and although the deck plate thickness being cast into the block is immaterial I will use it to illustrate a point. If we are going to allow recast, billet or what have you components as a legal entry then why not make a standard spec to what they can be built to instead of limiting it to oem guidelines?

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 03:29AM
The first batch of recast BBJD blocks were poured roughly 4 weeks ago.

CP

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 04:09AM
That would put some excitement back into that class,....BeerBeer

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 05:09AM
I don't hate that idea one bit.

CP

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 05:29AM
I wish they'd allow pro stock motors in Light Super Stock so diesel would have a chance with the rice burners- you have to admit it be interesting !!!

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 07:47AM
If they got rid of cubes it would be a good show. At 680 it would be disastrous for pullers and the fans

Re: work horse pro September 19, 2021 02:31PM
plum krazy
In it's "HAYDAY" the SILVER BULLET had a block recast from Cat, different anyway and stronger?????

Major difference, it was cast by Cat. Not a recast or aftermarket, but cast by the actual OEM manufacturer. Was it a one-off casting? Maybe, but it was still cast by Cat, and as the OEM Cat has the ability to change the mold in anyway they see fit.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 01:20AM
So your upset that a big block deere has a bigger bore size from factory the way I get it.
I guess what you want is one block and everybody runs it. John Deere built a 6030 and ih never built anything to compare to it the real problem is the component chassis ih got away with lowering weight classes for years to stop the big heavy tractors now they can make weight with the big block.
Oh I’m not saying I’m for recast blocks at all but at this point the ih would be out of business the factory block would last one or two hooks.

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 05:51AM
No, if you want to think of me as upset that’s fine, whatever floats your boat. So what “upsets” me is that when opportunity to level a playing field for any and all came along it was not done. Guess what…. I don’t like classes dominated by any one color, red, green or otherwise as it hurts fan interest. I don’t want to see everyone run the same block as that kills creativity and creates a monopoly.

Re: work horse pro September 23, 2021 04:49PM
The V8 is coming for the BBJD

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 09:07AM
IH had a tractor built with a turbine

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 11:56AM
Experimental... not sold to the public so not a real comparison.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: work horse pro September 20, 2021 01:17PM
Yes flawed so you think they should let all colors lengthen the block so they can get more bore. That’s a little tough to take with all the bashing that has been done about the bbjd around here they call them toads one guy even said that the guy that came up with the bbjd should be shot.
Back in the day ac was very big into multiple turbos led the way for that others had to follow hypermax came up with the left hand binder others had to follow to keep up.
Personally I think letting them have a billet head is far worse than the recast block without that it’s a good possibility that you wouldn’t need a recast block

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,573, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2