What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 10:21AM
As a young puller, I've always wondered what killed gas tractors in the prostock class. Was it outlawed? Was there anyone else running a gas or propane tractor in prostock besides Don Nolan. No one will deny how competitive Don Nolan was with Yellow Fever. I have some great stories of Don, as he and my great grandfather were very close friends.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 10:45AM
Because people with diesel tractors are scared to death of spark plus while simultaneously talking down to them like they are inferior. Diesel tractors are 100% welcome to pull in any alky class, not so much the other way around.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 12:03PM
Jon Cespedes and his Fools Gold MM have been grandfathered in as a gas PS through to today.

CP

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 01:14PM
I could see some classes not going along with alcohol but gas and propane should be aloud in all clases

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 01:23PM
IMO, this is logical and should be a consistent rule across all single charger classes everywhere, across the board:

A tractor should be legal to run the fuel it was built for from the factory.
If that means someone may run propane or gasoline, so be it. Most wouldn't but it should be a legal option.

Grandfather clauses are junk. Colberg shouldn't have had one. Cespedes shouldn't have one either. I say that not because they shouldn't be able to run their molines (they should), but as a matter of principle. It's either legal or it isn't and in this case, since Minneapolis Moline made propane an available option from the factory, the puller should be able to run that should he/she so choose.

I can think of no sound, logic-based reason why a factory-fueled vehicle should not be a valid option for any "stock" class, whether PS, Light PS, Limited PS, SF, Hot Farm, you name it.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 02:16PM
The Original Michael
IMO, this is logical and should be a consistent rule across all single charger classes everywhere, across the board:

If that means someone may run propane or gasoline, so be it. Most wouldn't but it should be a legal option.

Grandfather clauses are junk. Colberg shouldn't have had one. Cespedes shouldn't have one either. I say that not because they shouldn't be able to run their molines (they should), but as a matter of principle. It's either legal or it isn't and in this case, since Minneapolis Moline made propane an available option from the factory, the puller should be able to run that should he/she so choose.

I can think of no sound, logic-based reason why a factory-fueled vehicle should not be a valid option for any "stock" class, whether PS, Light PS, Limited PS, SF, Hot Farm, you name it.

The pulling world would be better if we got over the single charger classes that were supposed to save the pulling world 40 years ago. smh

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 18, 2021 06:42PM
MM made 25 factory gas burner G-1000's so why shouldn't gas be allowed?? They were fuel hogs and didnt go over well with farmers..

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 12:04AM
International also made gas burning 966’s.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 12:45AM
IH made gas burning 766’s with the 291 engine. No 966’s were ever fitted with gasoline engines from the factory

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 02:46AM
Could have been a 766 with 966 numbers but I definitely saw it

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 04:18AM
Yeah or someone “made” one. Be easy to do

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 05:58AM
?
Yeah or someone “made” one. Be easy to do

Not trying to be smart, buy why would anyone do that even back then, when gas engines were on the way out.
I agree, they should be allowed to run the fuel they use as a stock tractor.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 08:17AM
?
IH made gas burning 766’s with the 291 engine. No 966’s were ever fitted with gasoline engines from the factory

You are correct...There never was a factory 966 IH gas...I have tons of original IH sales literature to back that up.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 11:18AM
The Original Michael

100%... I'd go one step further and say that ALL stock components/parts should be allowed in all classes. If it came with factory EFI it should be allowed to run all factory EFI parts. There should only be limits applied to aftermarket parts on a class by class basis.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: What killed other fuels in prostock September 19, 2021 12:09PM
Jake that would make too much common sense, -----something in short supply now days. Everyone talks about not going back to the 70s or 80s,not using EFI is as bad, we have enjoyed the performance bennies for many yrs - so why not allow parts that add power and clean up some issues.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2