Ending your pulling career in style September 23, 2021 08:31AM
Hadn't seen this posted, but last weekend, 85 year old Duane Keener made his final pass at an OSTPA pull in Ashland, OH, and won the class.

I really didn't get to see this tractor live much except at Bowling Green, but it was a hard runner. Congrats on your pulling accomplishments, Mr. Keener.
I'm not sure if the Keener family plans to keep or sell Bambi, but hopefully if they keep it in the family the JD will be hooking at OSTPA, PPL, and NTPA pulls for years to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 08:31AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 23, 2021 09:26AM
Many of us are getting older, same in other motor sports venues, -hope the younger ones step up and follow in some of these Legend's types footsteps.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 23, 2021 10:07AM
I believe Duane also won the won the OSTPA points championship did they class this year also. Not bad for 85 years young.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 23, 2021 02:24PM
I don’t remember seeing him at Bowling Green this year, maybe my memory is bad. If he wasn’t there, I believe it would have been the first time BG happened without him.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 23, 2021 02:43PM
2021 BG results = Bambi was in the hands of grandson Bill Keener, who is a really good operator. However, "Bambi" obviously had (serious) performance issues
in each SSO session.
Incidentally, 21 entries.
Duane, congratulations on the long career of tractor pulling successes.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 25, 2021 03:08PM
Yeah, I remember the tractor, but I didn’t see Duane. I’ve talked to him every time I’ve been there.

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 27, 2021 07:28AM
Dirtfarmer
Yeah, I remember the tractor, but I didn’t see Duane. I’ve talked to him every time I’ve been there.

What happened to the XXX?

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 27, 2021 03:02PM
They sold the chassis, don't remember who, and kept most of the engine. That's what they used to rebuild before going to Norwalk, OH and BG after the damage they suffered part way through August.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Ending your pulling career in style September 28, 2021 11:39AM
Brent Yaron
They sold the chassis, don't remember who, and kept most of the engine. That's what they used to rebuild before going to Norwalk, OH and BG after the damage they suffered part way through August.

They sold the motor to keigm parobek and only still have the sheet metal to xxx

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2