Roll Over September 26, 2021 10:12AM
Minnie Mo Roll over. Fortunately the roll cage probably saved the drivers life.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Roll Over September 26, 2021 11:21AM
Really glad Mike is OK. That video is hard to watch, it happened so fast and he had a ton of speed going. It could have been much worse but the rollcage did a great job.

As much as the NTPA gets it wrong with rules far too often, the SFI cage spec is a huge bright spot.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Roll over September 26, 2021 12:43PM
Glad the cage did its job, and the front wheel stayed in the pile.

Also glad to see the chain link fencing, incase it didn't.

Re: Roll over September 27, 2021 03:33AM
lutefisk and lefsa

Also glad to see the chain link fencing, incase it didn't.

I think more places need a chain link fence it’s a great see thru safety barrier. It combined with barrier or guardrail will stop a lot and not block views.

Re: Roll over September 28, 2021 01:39PM
Everything did it's job there.

Saved the dudes life.

Re: Roll Over September 27, 2021 05:49AM
2nd tractor in 3weeks to end up on its side in Missouri due to sled running into tractor. Got have weight on this pans to prevent this. Everyone wants speed,more speed,and warp speed. As a puller this getting dangerous sleds should never hit a tractor at 200ft down the track ought to be ample pressure on pan to create enough friction to slow it down

Re: Roll Over September 27, 2021 01:03PM
Agreed
When a tractor detonates at 100’ and then coast for another 50’ something is wrong there needs to be a happy medium between speed and resistance
That deal in Missouri could have been a lot worse without the cage

Re: Roll Over September 28, 2021 02:01PM
Heres whats a joke about the race sled A couple years ago i was up in the points we had a Friday and Sat night pull Fryday night a cylinder leaned out and burnt a valve just to keep up in the points i pulled Saturday night this was a llss 570 cockshutt with a 5.9 cummins on alcohol i placed the tractor in the only stock loading gear left in the tractor the stock plow gear and placed 6th out of 11 tractors 35 foot from first what a joke pulling has become with these slamer sleds I have a farmall 544 tractor i guarantee i can make a 200 foot pull in about any class up to 7500 pound on a 350 ft track because you dont pull @#$%& until the end of the track

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 11:24PM
Glad the driver was ok! Just from what I've seen and been through a longer chain could have made it worse. With the light weight of the new sled pans this day and age a longer chain could allow the tractor to go outside the buck board of the sled then causing the sled to continue going straight and pushing the tractor sideways down the track, or roll the tractor over.

Re: Roll Over September 27, 2021 05:51AM
The Otto's are truly a great Missouri pulling family (Moline Mafia) and I'm betting that they will get the "Yellow Fever" G-1000 MM back on the track next year...Its a real hard runner...When they are all together they can sure put a bunch of pullers on the track including MM's,White,Duetz,and New Hollands..I think its something around 10 pullers or more...While its scary to watch the safety equipment did its job and Mike will get to pull another day....Best of luck to them from a fan..

Re: Roll Over September 27, 2021 01:29PM
The race sleds are why I quit pulling its all about hp not pulling I still watch a sled that's the old style. It will not hit a tractor an I've seen 1100 hp get beat by 800hp lots of times. My opinion if we had more sleds like it we would have more people pulling because it wouldn't be all about having the most hp to get it moving the fastest.

Re: Roll Over September 28, 2021 01:23AM
I was standing at the end of the track when this accident happened. It happened very quick and it was an intense situation. We can all argue as to why the Yellow Fever rolled over. We will most likely never know exactly why it happened, and I'm sure Mike can't tell us either, but at the end of the day, accidents do happen. It could happen to any puller out there, and that is exactly why safety equipment is such an important part of pulling and any motorsport. I do feel the roll cage prevented Mike from having severe injury and quite possibly saved his life.

I also want to give the X Factor Sled crew a lot of credit in this situation. The operator and crew did their job flawlessly in every aspect. The operator mentioned that he has done this for almost 20 years and this was by far the worst accident he has been involved in, and he did his job perfectly.

We are so thankful that Mike was able to walk away from this accident unharmed. We appreciate the Yellow Fever pulling team for coming out to New Haven to support our pull and we wish them the best of luck in the Yellow Fever rebuild.

Allen Scheer
New Haven Community Youth Fair
Truck and Tractor Pull Chairman

Re: Roll Over September 28, 2021 09:36AM
It is happening more and more, and will continue to increase in abundance, -as long as Power and Speed increase, accidents,(incidents) will happen more regularly for sure. wheels off, axles broken, front end failures, over the barriers, engines outside the chassis, parts in the stands, WHAT MAKES PULLING FUN AND WATCHING INTERESTING is the same equation and components of DANGER AND INCIDENTS.

Re: Roll Over September 28, 2021 10:58PM
Right rear wheel kissed the right front corner of the sled when the tractor was crooked. Engine hesitated or was maybe throttled back at same time?? Sled seemed to be rolling pretty free. Tractor was up and down and somewhat side to side most of the way down the track. Bad deal for sure. What do we do?? Longer chain ?? Sled corners rounded back to minimize chances of contact with a rear tire ??

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 12:50PM
3 cents
The race sleds are why I quit pulling its all about hp not pulling I still watch a sled that's the old style. It will not hit a tractor an I've seen 1100 hp get beat by 800hp lots of times. My opinion if we had more sleds like it we would have more people pulling because it wouldn't be all about having the most hp to get it moving the fastest.

My opinion also.
It's all about who has the most power / speed. Do todays pullers really "pull" all that much weight ?
I'd give a thumbs up to your comment if I could. Bet I get some thumbs down on mine.

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 01:30PM
The fact that there is no apparent reason for it happening is concerning. I've watched it a dozen times and can't put my finger on it.... was it a front wheel failure? was it a short hitch? Or, was it none of these and just something that happened when the speed and weight are just right and the tractor hick ups? IMO, it would be good to know what happened and worth the effort to figure it out, so it might not happen again.

Does anyone have a slow motion version of the video?

Hope to see more discussion on this.

Cliff

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 01:57PM
Was there and so glad he is ok! All the safety equipment did it's job! Great running tractor and hope to see them out again! So thankfull for these people to put on a show for pulling fans!

Re: Roll Over January 30, 2022 07:06AM
[youtu.be]

I was there and took this video of the crash from in of the tractor. From this angle you can see it was caused when the driver tried to correct the tractor but the sled didnt slow down thus clipping the tire while it was sideways causing the tractor to tip.

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 03:35PM
The problem of the pass begins at the the right turn made and the lack of correction to square the tractor back up. Did driver have time to hit the left brake, did he attempt to and foot slipped off of the brake? That would have altered the path that the tractor took. At a minimum the sled would have bumped the tractor more square and lessened the chance of the roll over. If you watch the video closely it makes a case for an air-ride suspension, in that the right rear might not have unloaded so abruptly with some cushioning on the front and that left front digging into the track once the spindle broke didnt help matters also.
I could be completely wrong in my thoughts but I think this is a reasonable idea. Also, no blame to be assigned here, it all happened quite fast it would be hard to react. I have also had drivers who have gotten crossed up like this tell me that they didnt sense how bad a ride was until they saw video afterwards. As long as driver is ok and can pull again thats all that matters.

Re: Roll Over September 29, 2021 05:26PM
The new sleds are not just about who has the most HP. Everything still is the same but mistakes have bigger consequences. 25ft on a new sled is like 100 feet on the old sleds. You have to out smart the sled more than you used to.

Re: Roll Over January 30, 2022 07:12AM
[youtu.be]

I was there and took this video of the crash from in front of the tractor. From this angle, you can see it was caused when the driver tried to correct the tractor but the sled didn't slow down thus clipping the tire while it was sideways causing the tractor to tip.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2