Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 02, 2021 06:13PM
We made our first run front of the sled, it was disaster! No control over the tractor, it was all over the track.

Right now we have factory diff with curved brass washers behind pinion gears, no needles at all. Planning to build diff with needle bearings.
How much difference is there, bearing behind the pinion gear or flat brass washer?

We are running 600/65R30 tires on 2500kg/5500lb glass.
Pulling gear is our fastest gear, 45km/h wheel speed. This gear is directly through the gearbox. All other gears are to slow and we can't use 38" tires they are to heavy.

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 03, 2021 03:53AM
I would recommend getting a hold of Carl at Atlas Tractor he can help with your rear end.

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 03, 2021 08:30PM
Since you are in Estonia, Atlas will probably not be much help.
What rear end do you use?
The needle bearings help a lot at higher power levels - which don't correlate to 30 inch tires.
Do you have any videos of that run? Sounds like something else could be pretty wrong.

If you need somebody to help, I would contact [www.eagleclutches.com] Christer Örn over in Finnland.He has a little CNC shop and can do custom work and is not that expensive.
He will probably also tell you how it's done.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 02:09AM
Sascha
Since you are in Estonia, Atlas will probably not be much help.
What rear end do you use?
The needle bearings help a lot at higher power levels - which don't correlate to 30 inch tires.
Do you have any videos of that run? Sounds like something else could be pretty wrong.

If you need somebody to help, I would contact [www.eagleclutches.com] Christer Örn over in Finnland.He has a little CNC shop and can do custom work and is not that expensive.
He will probably also tell you how it's done.

If thread starter is who what i think the first pull is in Finland Humpilla in 2500kg farmsport class and that class problem is the nose weight, not enought weight on nose and when you lift clutch pedal and nose up and then @#$%& start you can controll it

Honey Bear Team

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 03:23AM
Honey Bear
problem is the nose weight, not enought weight on nose and when you lift clutch pedal and nose up and then @#$%& start you can controll it

Honey Bear Team

Exactly my thoughts...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 05:00AM
Honey Bear

...the first pull is in Finland Humpilla in 2500kg farmsport class and that class problem is the nose weight, not enought weight on nose and when you lift clutch pedal and nose up and then @#$%& start you can controll it

Honey Bear Team

Yes this run was in Finland Humpilla in 2500kg farmsport class.
Unfortunately we have only 40kg spare, and we don't have wheelie bars yet and want to make decent brakes and some more smaller things to to.

Our runs start at 3,45 and 7,13. Pushing the brakes didn't do anything, tractor changed his course when ever she wanted. On first pull we use fastest gear and on the other pulls we used gear what is twice slower, all other gears are even slower.
Unfortunately I left turbo WG on testing stage (only 2 bar of boost) ,WG opened only in first start.

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 05:51AM
First of:
Very happy to have you guys from out east onboard and very welcome!

I am not a hot farm puller, but I can give you some general advice.
1st - get wheelie bars. I have seen drivers ending up under their tractors and sitting on top of the sled pan.
2nd - easy fix: Your tractor is very wide. Try to get the wheels closer together.
3rd - another easy fix - cut your tires! Also - those radials are not necessarily light.
4th - Get the grinder and cut and grind off from the transmission and axle housing, everything you don't need anymore.
5th - cut holes in the rims
6th - how much oil is in your transmission and rear-end? Can you put construction foam into it, to save on oil?
7th - how many gears are in your transmission, that you don't need anymore?

Take a serious look at the ETPC Hot Farm rules and check what's written in there under level 2 and air restrictors. New people in the sport hate them - people who have done it for a while now love them.
They're doing +- 1000 hp (also with the 4 cyl Belarus engine) in the 3.5t class with that 68mm restriction. Competitive tractors in that level can be bought for +- 20,000 €. Keep that in mind.
And never forget - the journey is the goal. The faster you take it, the quicker it's over.

Furthermore: The Belarus is a pretty stout little tractor and has been very successful used in pulling, especially in the 3400 kg 4- cyl classes, but also at 2500 kg.
[youtu.be] (3:52).

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 05:52AM
one more - I am not so sure you want needle bearings at that power and wheight level. That can easily cause only one wheel to spin.

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 01:17PM
Watched some of those videos whats the deal with the yellow sled nothing could pull it

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 04, 2021 04:11PM
Lewis Conner
Watched some of those videos whats the deal with the yellow sled nothing could pull it

This track is most difficult track for the season, look some other 2500kg videos (made by Sportsman)
Even those 2500kg can handle that sled.

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 05, 2021 02:36AM
That's a rebuilt / modernized Hagar sled
And that's 5500 lbs rpm limited hot farm...

Re: Needle bearing or flat brass washer behind the pinion gear? October 07, 2021 05:12AM
Those 30" tires are quite light compears how wide they are, 137kg (factory weight)
Some 18.4 38" diagonal tires(Mitas) are light (115kg factory weight) when cutting out most of the rim, they would work.
But tire footbrit will be 45% smaller with those 38" than 30"

When we started to build tractor we just thought where is most strongest point to mount rolling bars but yeah we can move them together, move wheels and cut excess axle ends.
We have 30 litres of oil in transmission and rear-end. Wanted to use 10 litre canister on the rear-end but building foam will be better idea.
Unfortunately we can only delay one gear in transmission but definitely 1kg weight loss.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2