For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 04, 2021 01:48PM
I understand why wide front ends were mandated around 1979 for safety, but when I see photos of old super stocks and mods from the 70's with tricycle front ends, I still get memories from going to pulls as a kid and think how cool a tricycle front end tractor looked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2021 04:39PM by The Original Michael.

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 04, 2021 04:07PM
Yep,no fenders any anything you could use for a cooler,only 45 and 30 degree tires

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 04, 2021 04:29PM
Agree on the 'cool' factor. I've always wondered, did they use those for looks or weight savings or some other reason.

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 06, 2021 09:01AM
It always seemed that the tricycle farm tractors always hooked better but prob not .But during that time period the was a lot of cultivating going on so there was a lot of trycle tractors around

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 06, 2021 12:12PM
Cultivating and mounted pickers.

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 06, 2021 12:25PM
For pulling the tricycle fronts were definitely a lot lighter and gave you more movable weight. Around here in Ohio areas, most guys put the narrow fronts on to gain movable weight. Although in southeast Ohio there were many narrow front tractors used on the farms. We never had a wide front tractor on the farm until later year's my dad bought a little Ferguson!! Lol narrow front Cockshutts and Farmalls on our farm. Not to mention they were alot more maneuverable especially in the woods and creek banks.

Re: For oldtimers- Tricycle front ends October 06, 2021 06:23PM
Tricycle pullers are still Prevalent in antique pulling. They are a must when tug (dead weight) pulling, without one it is very hard to maneuver the tractor within the boundaries

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2