Tracks October 07, 2021 12:03PM
Ok guys I’m curious how tracks from different areas differ? I’m from NY and it seems like our tracks take more power (less wheel speed). Any thoughts

Re: Tracks October 07, 2021 08:04PM
You want the short story or the novel?

The physical makeup of tracks varies greatly from place to place...meaning a track in northern Ohio is a totally different animal from one in Tennessee...but I have seen tracks in both locations find the weak links in the driveline of a tractor.

Percentages of the "dry" components of a track - sand, silt, clay and organic matter - vary greatly in tracks from those two locations.

Water and other "wet" ingredients can make or break the quality of a track and do it faster than any other part of soil composition...and is the one set of ingredients we can control the most. The common thread between those Ohio and Tennessee tracks is the optimal amount of water for each type of soil to create a power track.

Lots of venues will alter their tracks to improve their quality and consistency. Some add clay, others may add organic matter (sawdust is quick and easy to add) or put a cover crop on the track after the event is over. The track material can end ip being completely different soil profile from any existing soil in the surrounding area.

Good tracks can be built anywhere. In some locations its going to require more work, thought, and patience to make them good.

Thats the short story, at least it is to me.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing