Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 05:53AM
I'd like feedback about these hubs.

I've heard some less than positive feedback regarding fit, they loosen up, and production times.

Am I just hearing the bad?

Please don't bash...that's not the intent.

Does Modern Machine, Engler, or anyone else make something similar?

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 07:46AM
I do t own a set..I have helped put them on tho.all 3 pair of axles needed a few thou removed with a flap wheel,all 3 have stayed tight too.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 08:52AM
Material removal, like they bind when tightened up?

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 10:18AM
I have 2 sets and they work great. Never loosened up. Had to do a little cleanup on the keyways in the axles with file to get a perfect fit. I retorqued them after the first pull but never found a loose bolt.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 12:13PM
patches
I do t own a set..I have helped put them on tho.all 3 pair of axles needed a few thou removed with a flap wheel,all 3 have stayed tight too.

Sorry Patches, I didn’t mean to give you a thumbs down. I fat fingered my phone and now I can’t change it.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 10:00PM
Thanks for the input.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 12:20PM
I’ve had several tractors with Pete’s hubs & have never seen a problem. I think most of the problems you hear about stem from guys buying the cheaper/lighter styles hoping they will hold their higher HP tractors.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 12:41PM
Pete is a great guy to do business with..I and many others are satisfied customers..

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 01:04PM
I have a set a got second hand. They have been a very good product.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 02:21PM
Pete is good to work with we have bought two sets from him

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 10, 2021 10:01PM
Thanks for the input

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 11, 2021 01:15AM
I bought a set from Pete and picked up a Gordywana. I thought they were a beautiful work of art, and fit perfect! The only thing I had problems with was the lock washers split while snugging the bolts down. Wasn't even close to tight. So I rummaged through my stash and found enough head bolt flat washers to put on all the bolts. That is the only thing I would suggest he change, is use high quality flat washers instead of the so-so lock washers. I run them on my 11,000# 700hp too hot to farm AC 210. Retorqued after first couple of pulls and they stayed tight. Great product and person to deal with!

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 11, 2021 01:45AM
Have a set of Pete's hubs on my hot farm tractor, no complaints at all. Axels must be perfectly clean and they fit like their supposed to, extreamly tight. been on for five years without a problem period.

Re: Opinions about CAP Bros./Petznick hubs October 13, 2021 12:57PM
Have 2 sets of the Caps hubs on 9500 Pro Farms, they work wonderfully once installed and tight. Only thing I will say is we had to flap wheel a bunch of the key down, take the edges off to make it slide on the axle (for an IH 66 axle) without binding up after cleaning up the axle so the wedge would slide. Also had a slight issue with the 10.9 bolts stretching on 1 of the 4 hubs, changed them all to the 12.x and were good to go. Would recommend them to anyone who wants a wedge style hub

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2