Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 13, 2021 01:13AM
Link to Interview

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2021 01:14AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 12:06AM
I'm happy for her and all but exactly who are they (women) talking about when they speak of "someone saying they can't do it" and they are going to show them that they can? I don't think anyone is saying women can't drive a tractor, truck, car, bus, or whatever and it's crazy to keep perpetuating this fake discrimination. There are plenty of women in pulling, there just seem to be more men because men tend to be more drawn to the hobby/sport, just like there are female dominated sports, hobbies and professions. Usually people are itching to put a woman in the seat, if the woman is willing, just for the attention alone. Almost every decent-sized pull that you go to has 2 or 3 women pulling at it and doing as well as anyone, typically.

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 01:29AM
I couldn't have said it better!

Nobody I know ever says a woman can't do what a man does.......pretty sure we graduated form 1950 era stereotypes and such some time ago. No issues here with female involvement in the sport at all.

It's a modern societal problem that we continue to act as if people and genders are being held back........it's just not accurate at all. Social media has instantly made any issue a big one. All it takes is some comments to support a statement and bam! it's a hot topic suddenly. Always making something out of nothing.

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 02:10AM
Must've never heard of rosdalyn knox

Examples and trivia ?s October 14, 2021 02:53AM
patches
Must've never heard of rosdalyn knox

Or Dusty Arfons, or Judy Knipstein, or Lisa Tatum, Renee Theobold, Lisa Peterson, Carol Suchy, and about 100 other women in the last 20 years.

Even going back to the 70s, there was Margaret Smith and Donna Slyder in minis, and I know of one husband wife SS team in GA that to my understanding pulled his and hers MF 1100s (Verlon and Marge Jones). Women have been pulling since the early days of NTPA.

Here are three trivia questions (asking cause I don't know, but someone does):

1. Who was the first woman to drive at NFMS?
2. Who was the first woman to win a NTPA GN hook?
3. Who was the first woman to win a PPL CT hook?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2021 02:58AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Examples and trivia ?s October 14, 2021 03:33AM
Shelley Bryan

Re: Examples and trivia ?s October 14, 2021 03:56AM
Neat. A young lady just won the Snyder County Pa. Hot Farm class and it's not her first points championship.

Re: Examples and trivia ?s October 14, 2021 05:56AM
Dee Polson won PPL Western series points in 2wd named Bad Company in 2016

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 05:20AM
Michael,
Margaret Smith won a Mini class in the Mid Seventies at Louisville, I'm thinking it was 1974.
Jessica Jacks was the first to win a CT event in June of 2007 at Wheatland.
Rosalyn Knox won the 92 Mod at Jefferson SD in June 1990.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 06:25AM
Ollie shafers daughter in a fwd pickup

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 11:21AM
I don't think that my 16 year old daughter was trying to put anyone else down. Yes this is a male dominated sport so if a female of any age wants to compete
GOOD FOR THEM. Shame on you for saying it is only for attention. She is 16 and loves doing it. I don't care if it is a male or female good for the young people to take a interest in the sport. It really is hard to accept all the comments like she was trying to say she was the only girl. People need to quit being hurtful and try being nice.She doesn't know these people so she can not praise them. YES THIS IS MY DAUGHTER AND I AM PROUD OF HER. Maybe try to encourage the young people in the sport because some day they may be the ones to take it over.

LOREN PAULSEN

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 16, 2021 04:12PM
Loren, I am super proud of your daughter!
To the rest of you like it or not there are some ppl that believe girls/women can't or shouldn't be pulling. After I won my 1st region 2 hook at West Salem, OH this year, a guy actually said I won bc Todd Feiss let out of it and didn't go for the win! At BG this year I had some guys that didn't believe that I actually drove the tractor, nevermind that I was in the top 5 out of 20 in the modified class. Just a couple examples, I experienced this year. So unfortunately there still prejudice against females. Do I believe there are a lot of them, no I think they are the minority. However, sometimes those ppl and their comments can take a beating on us in a male dominated sport. So who are any of you to go after a 16 year old girl? Maybe she has had some ppl make comments like that to her, so good for her for going out and doing it anyways. Now fortunately for me, I pulled with the region 2 mod class and I couldn't have had a more encouraging and supportive group of competitors for me to learn with for my 1st year. Ask my husband he has seen the aftermath some of the comments took on me. Until you're in her shoes, you have no right to judge her or say its for attention.

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 18, 2021 04:36AM
Lisa Evanich-Jostock
Loren, I am super proud of your daughter!
To the rest of you like it or not there are some ppl that believe girls/women can't or shouldn't be pulling. After I won my 1st region 2 hook at West Salem, OH this year, a guy actually said I won bc Todd Feiss let out of it and didn't go for the win! At BG this year I had some guys that didn't believe that I actually drove the tractor, nevermind that I was in the top 5 out of 20 in the modified class. Just a couple examples, I experienced this year. So unfortunately there still prejudice against females. Do I believe there are a lot of them, no I think they are the minority. However, sometimes those ppl and their comments can take a beating on us in a male dominated sport. So who are any of you to go after a 16 year old girl? Maybe she has had some ppl make comments like that to her, so good for her for going out and doing it anyways. Now fortunately for me, I pulled with the region 2 mod class and I couldn't have had a more encouraging and supportive group of competitors for me to learn with for my 1st year. Ask my husband he has seen the aftermath some of the comments took on me. Until you're in her shoes, you have no right to judge her or say its for attention.

I love how ur not afraid to bend it and sent it! Damn good driving!

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 17, 2021 02:20AM
Loren, I know you already know this, but you know lots of us are in your corner. Dalie’s too. She’s fearless, and that’s why she’ll continue to drive around everybody else in the class!

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 12:50PM
Margaret Smith was the first GN event lady winner. 1976 on her mini at her hometown pull, Monroe Mi

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 14, 2021 01:21PM
I wanted to say something Loren Looks to me this topic got started out on the wrong foot you have something to be proud of there may be a lot of women pulling but not many young girls.You just better keep a close eye on her as pretty as shes is some little farm boys going to try steal her and the ride

Re: Father and Daughter Pulling Team Interview October 17, 2021 02:18AM
People that want to be treated equal, need to understand that sometimes Life is not Fair in many ways, act accordingly. Acceptance and validation with respect does not come easy for most. If females want equal, don't act special.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520