Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 19, 2021 06:11AM
BG may have a multi-year agreement with NTPA, not sure for how long. If they really wanted to, they could probably find a loophole. I'm sure a certain oil company owner has competent attorneys that could help.

Anyway, I'm not advocating for BG to change sanctioning bodies. IMO the 2021 NTPC was a pretty good event. Just throwing this out there as a "what if" question:

What would be different about the NTPC if it was a PPL Champions Tour event? I'll start with a few-

* No unlimiteds. I would be sad to see this as the unlimiteds are my favorite class. You can't see this anywhere else currently but an NTPA pull. The only way around it would be to run the PPL CT mod classes 2 sessions, and non-sanctioned or non-points unlimited class 2 sessions.

*Silver Series classes- Bye bye Shelbyville KY pull this weekend. I could see some of the Silver Series classes being part of this event along with the CT classes. That may be a good thing. I've heard rumors that in 2022, the Light Pros will cease being Silver Series and become CT.

* Diesel Super stocks- similar as unlimited mods. Either they would run in the Unlimited SS class, or they would have 2 non-sanctioned or non-points DSS hooks.

* TWD- Few non-truck bodied trucks due to the 200# weight penalty. There would be a few, but less variety of body styles.

PS- for those of you who think BG should be non-sanctioned by anyone, which rules do you run? If you run rules that mirror one of the main sanctioning bodies, better to just sanction with that sanctioning body.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2021 06:21AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 19, 2021 06:31AM
they should make it a brush pull like nfms and keep the same classes as now

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 19, 2021 08:52AM
Michael I have a few questions comments and concerns. One major benefit I can see to the PPL would be online viewership. Through MAVTV the PPL has online viewing for considerably cheaper than the NTPA does. I live 20 minutes from the pull so this would be of no benefit to me as I would certainly watch in person. I think figuring out things like the Unlimited Class of the DSS would be important. Honestly based off most discussions on this site most people want to see just one Super Stock class with diesel vs alcohol as the selling point. That's the fan perspective not the puller perspective so not sure on the impact that would have on numbers. The other class that would be impacted would be the light unlimited as PPL does not have that class, and I personally wouldn't miss them.

As far as my opinion I still think running it as an independent pull like NFM would be the best route. I can't think of a reason why this would be a bad idea. The blue shirts have enough money to make this feasible and they run the pull themselves already anyway, with participation from all sorts of associations. I would like to see some sort of out reach to get the Outlaw group involved.

One major criticism for BG and suggestion for moving forward would be lineups. Currently the NTPA puts out a list of pulling order and its the pullers job to get in line properly. The NTPA sucks at this piece for all of their pulls. However this is an area that the PPL does phenomenal at. Lucas has a guy riding around that goes to the hauler and tells the puller okay its your turn to line up, and asks if they need a tow tractor. BG is a free for all and a total cluster. With that many tractors it needs to be done in an organized fashion and I would base it off of what PPL does at all of their pulls. This can be done regardless of who sanctions the pull, and I've heard this from several pullers.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 19, 2021 02:31PM
Hypothetically speaking.... "what if" instead of the light unlimited class at BG, they simply had a 7,500 lb regional/state level type class? Would that affect state events that weekend? Would it get good enough participation at BG? Would there be guys step down from the 7,500 GN style class to the RN class to stand a better chance than running the 7,500 NTPA GN or 7,800 PPL class?

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 19, 2021 03:04PM
Logan Thomas
Hypothetically speaking.... "what if" instead of the light unlimited class at BG, they simply had a 7,500 lb regional/state level type class? Would that affect state events that weekend? Would it get good enough participation at BG? Would there be guys step down from the 7,500 GN style class to the RN class to stand a better chance than running the 7,500 NTPA GN or 7,800 PPL class?

Yes. I proposed this same thing a couple months ago. Sno' Farmer also made a valid point. I believe counting R2, and a few East Coast and New York tractors, they could get at least 20-25, and several would probably run the 4-engine class as well. Could be sanctioned as Pro-National. I'd be surprised if BG had any more than 5 or 6 Light Unlimiteds next year.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 01:50AM
Here we go again. Why would the the NWOTPA change something that is NOT broken and is making them the most succe$$ful pull in the world? Just to satisfy some of you NTPA haters??

NTPA does a great job of putting on a pull and I have yet to see a puller miss his/her scheduled hook because they couldn't get staged. NTPA also brings in a crowd at virtually any venue they go, and that means $$ for the promotor.

BG has used other sacntioning bodies in the past and they select NTPA for a reason. Get over it and go to another pull if you don't like it! We wont miss you!

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 02:08AM
It's a hypothetical. It's not NTPA bashing and he's not even saying BG should change... just a simple "what if" question. He's not saying the show is bad, he's not saying he won't go, he's not saying NTPA does a bad job, he's not saying the NTPA is dead, he's not saying any of those things. He didn't make a single negative comment about NTPA. It's just a simple thought exercise.

Kinda like wondering what you'd buy if you won the lottery? It doesn't mean your life sucks or anything like that, just a simple "what if" you won the mega-millions. Much like history shows winning the lottery isn't always a blessing, it has good and bad... that's what this topic is, what would be the good and bad if BG ever went PPL.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 03:20AM
It may be hypothetical, but the underlying implication is clearly to curry favor for PPL to take the pull over. Please explain what value there is to this exercise?

The fact of the matter is that it is the PROMOTER (NWOTPA) who is responsible for what the show is. They pick the classes, they set the number of sessions, they make it happen. It isn't as if PPL can walk in and tell them what they are going to do, how they need to run the show or what classes they are going to take. So obviously it is more about someone not liking NTPA at BG or why would we even attempt to discuss this?

You can dream or say "what if" about many things in life, but it doesn't mean it's a discussion of any value.

But by all means, please continue to prattle on about nothing.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 04:51AM
What value is there to dreaming about the lottery? Betting you've still done it though.

There is value in thought exercises. There are plenty of people who wish NWOTPA would sanction with PPL. I think this topic clearly points out that PPL sanctioning this pull would not be a completely seamless transition. It wouldn't be just changing the banner and go pulling. This thought exercise clearly shows there would be a number of difficulties if the NWOTA made a change, or if something happened to the NTPA. It shows there would be a significant number of issues, so that seems to be of value to point out for the pro-PPL crowd.

As for the promotor being responsible for what the show is... well sort of. The promotor can only choose classes that the sanctioning body offers. Other classes would need to be unsanctioned classes and separate insurance or PPL would need to add those classes to their rule book for this specific event. Again, that's part of this discussion and why it's interesting to many and has value.

As for the "underlying implication is clearly to curry favor for PPL" You're clearly speculating. Maybe The Original Michael's goal is to show that PPL couldn't take over the pull without major changes to their own organization. Or maybe his goal was to argue for BG to be non-sanctioned. Maybe his goal was simply to start a discussion with people who love pulling and to talk about something he's pondered to himself in the event that the NTPA went away. Maybe he does want PPL to take the pull over.
However, maybe you should just ask him what his purpose was instead of your blind speculation and judgmental assumption.

For those who don't like this thought exercise... DON'T READ IT and DON'T POST ON IT. Don't get on here and tell people what they can and can't talk about or what's worth talking about in your opinion. If you don't think it's worth talking about then don't talk about it. It's super simple. Stop complaining about what other people want to talk about. You're under no obligation to read or respond to any topic. This isn't your page, it's a pulling related topic, and it clearly interests some people so don't tell people what they should or shouldn't talk about.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2021 05:03AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 07:40AM
Huuummm,
One track NTPA and one track PPL!!!

S'no Farmer

Snow Farmer? October 20, 2021 09:11AM
Interesting idea

What PPL classes and what NTPA classes?

Re: Snow Farmer? October 20, 2021 09:29AM
Aren’t we thinking small scale? I mean, why not have both? To piggyback off Todd’s question, sort of….. Didn’t we discuss the talks that NWOTPA was going to take over the grounds and lease to the fair board for the Wood County Fair? If so, what not have two SEPARATE events?? Just like Fort Recovery? Now THAT’S a discussion!!

The worst part October 20, 2021 10:58AM
The track would be junk, that’s just for starters.

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 11:41AM
There's a lot of problems having both NTPA and PPL there at the same time. First most PPL pullers already go to BG. And how would you run both when they are both points based organizations. Would you only have each class hook one time in both organizations. Or would every class that meets both organizations rules run 4 times. And there is already enough hooks anyway and hauler parking is a problem now.

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 11:49AM
I don't have any idea of how it could work it was just a thought the popped into my head while reading the thread. Thought it might be interesting to hear some input on it...not really serious.

S'no Farmer

Re: The worst part October 21, 2021 02:46AM
Hypothetical idea we add a pull in September or early October at a new location. Unsanctioned event. We take the common classes between NTPA and PPL and take the top 5 points finishers from each league. We score the finishers 10 points for 1st one point for last and have a winning league in each class? Yes there are some pullers who would finish top 5 in both leagues, they'd have to choose a side to do battle for. But this is hypothetical don't go too far into the weeds.The idea is create a fun pull to determine the best of the best as far as best vehicle/driver in the class and determine who is better in the class. For arguing sake lets say the PPL Mods will compete against the Unlimiteds as most of them do at BG. Rules for classes similar to NFMS for other classes

Re: The worst part October 21, 2021 05:02AM
Similar idea is already being put into reality May 13th and 14th at the Track at Holzhauer's in Nashville, IL this next year.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: The worst part October 21, 2021 05:23AM
It's almost like he was in the meetings isn't it?

CP

Re: The worst part October 21, 2021 06:22AM
cpr
It's almost like he was in the meetings isn't it?

CP

Can confirm I was not in the meetings. Glad to hear this idea is coming to fruition.

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 11:59AM
Me
The track would be junk, that’s just for starters.

But would the payout be triple??

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 12:05PM
I’m talking two separate events. I mean one in June - one in August, or however. The Fort doesn’t have PPL & NTPA on the same weekend. That’s the point I’m making.

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 12:50PM
I don't see Bowling Green doing 2 pulls ever. The one show they put on takes a week before the pull with most of Blue Shirts working every day and to ask them to do it twice is asking to much of volunteers. And second, the magic is the one special biggest pull in the world taking place.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The worst part October 20, 2021 02:21PM
Reliable source said ppl pull at The Fort lost money this year, as well as at least 1 other ppl venue!

Re: The worst part October 22, 2021 07:29AM
Fan 2
Reliable source said ppl pull at The Fort lost money this year, as well as at least 1 other ppl venue!
That wouldn’t be surprising, the crowd at the fort for the PPL pull was the smallest I’ve ever seen there. The NTPA crowd was double or more.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 02:48PM
it is surely not hard to remember that ntpa has not always sanctioned bg,, several years back it was a tnt then became a ushra event, heck when it was tnt, ntpa put on a pull "for their members" as a competing pull. I know that was then this is now but don't try to tell me or most of those who have kept up with these lttle tidbits of history that these classes are (a ) set in some kind of stone or (b) that ntpa is the only company that could successfully sanction bg. Tnt had a big crowd back then as well.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 01:12PM
Can anyone tell us if WPI and NWOTPA do in fact have any years left on contract to sanction BG ?

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 20, 2021 06:37PM
If BG went independent, what happens when the ppl and/or NTPA schedule Champions/Grand National events the same weekend?? Occasionally hasn't there been a ppl pull during part of BG? If they have pre commit programs and the points races those pullers would have to go to those first. Just curious...

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 23, 2021 02:51AM
No matter what happens where, - Life goes on and happens with Lightning speed, always has ,most likely will for a while longer still.

Re: Hypothetical: If Bowling Green were a PPL pull? October 23, 2021 06:39PM
Imagine if you ever pulled a hot stock lawn mower!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,618, Posts: 229,674, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520