Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 01:14AM
This is inspired by a comment I saw on the hypothetical Bowling Green Post- Someone suggested pulling one track PPL and one track NTPA at Bowling Green. Someone help me out, but if my memory serves correctly something similar to this actually occurred in Jefferson City, MO about 10 years ago or so. It seems to me I attended a pull that was NTPA Grand National, and then at the conclusion of this pull, the same night, they stripped the track of all NTPA signage, and then ran a small outlaw pull. They redressed the track with Outlaw signage, re-adjusted the sled configurations, and then ran some pretty decent Outlaw classes. Does anyone remember anything like this? It made for a really neat experience.

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 02:15AM
The same thing was done at Canfield, OH for years with NTPA and Rick Feight (sp) and his group.

S'no Farmer

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 02:51AM
I was there almost every year from around 2006-2014? when NTPA and Outlaws had a pull together at Jeff City..It worked great and there were some good crowds...

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 03:04AM
I flagged and teched there every year it happened.
On year I flagged both NTPA and Outlaws.
It was an excellent show.
Everyone seemed to play well together.
There was one year when the feller that bought out ATPA had modified tractors there. There were some issues with those competitors getting paid.

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 07:49AM
Canfield Ohio had 2 tracks,both running at same time.one was ntpa.one was fpp,usa east.seemed 2 work.there was no conflicting of classes tho

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 21, 2021 12:21PM
That did happen in JC ,heard they have a great place for the pulls - certain ppl and so called sponsors really talked it all up - LOTS OF BLOWHARDS PROMOTING IT - then it all went away- quickly- funny how that happened,,

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 22, 2021 12:16PM
From what I understand the fair raised the rent at least 3 times what it had been.

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 22, 2021 12:59PM
Sounds about right for the Jefferson City Jaycees Eye Rolling The last year they had the pull they had NO alcohol sales at all, and if I remember right the Jaycees had something to do with that, too.

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 22, 2021 01:55PM
Also heard a puller from close around that helped a lot with the pull is not a fan of alcohol and i think that hurt the pull very much. They did have a lot of good pullers show up from all over!

Re: Jefferson City, MO/ Bowling Green, OH October 23, 2021 03:58AM
Well, it WAS a Baptist tractor pull!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2