The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 05:34AM
The Pro Stock class gets lots of talk about rules. What would be the most logical rules for the future of the class?

Should weight be changed?
Should ci be kept at 680?
What are the best engine rules for reliability?
What are the best engine rules for performance?
Should EFI be legal?

This could be asked of any national touring class, but what is the best # of hooks to have for a season?
There are other aspects of the rules that could be brought into the discussion also.

Maybe asked another way- if the Pro Stock class exists in 5 years, what should it look like?

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 06:15AM
Should they be on 30.5's?

All the other big power classes ( Super Stocks and Mods) are.

CP on point October 26, 2021 07:35AM
....everything CP said. It's fun to tinker with rules on a message board but in the end, as far as I know, no one who offers ideas here has actual skin in the game. That messes with rule #1, if. you aren't spending the money then don't monkey with the rules. Don't diminish the shine of an elite class, and that's what is being discussed here.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 06:41AM
In 5 years the PS class will be 540. 8500 lbs. 4.5 charger and run on 24.5 tires component chassis.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 07:01AM
Not to merely be a contrarian, but I could make a good case that Pro Stock is just fine the way it is and doesn't need to be changed at all. A big show could get 50 on the property, more are still being built on a consistent basis, and other than safety and the component chassis thing, the rules have been very stable in that class.

Many will say costs are out of control. They are in ALL classes. This one is the pinnacle of single-charger and guys still find a way to move up to it. For those that can't make that leap, I offer Limited Pro, Light Pro, Light Limited Pro, Super Farm, Pro Farm, Hot Farm, Altered Farm, Field Farm, Light Limited Super Stock, and a bunch more classes with 1 turbo and 24.5 tires that have ALL been hatched to be an alternative to...

Pro Stock.

I'd leave it alone.

CP

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 07:26AM
8500lb
540 cubes
24.5-32
4.5 turbo
Component chassis

This would probably combine the light pros into the pro stock class but thats fine because that just means more numbers in one class. And this class would be very similar to the European pro stock class so maybe there would be guys from Europe that would pull in the USA more often.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 08:47AM
Maybe Shaabeee !

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 08:55AM
They are fine the way they are, if you can’t afford to keep up or don’t want to then run limited pro, that’s the point of having both.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 09:52AM
Is anyone using efi on any diesel in uss

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 07, 2021 12:17PM
We have a full built common rail deere pulling tractor

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 26, 2021 10:50AM
The biggest issue with common rail right now (besides the tuning for which there is none) is that there are no pumps and injectors that can deliver that much fuel. No one is pushing for EFI in the class because bolting it on will mean potentially 100s of thousands in development work and guaranteed at least a couple of years getting your butt kicked.

CP

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 27, 2021 01:18PM
I would say there are a couple of electronic fueled semis that probably test that statement.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 28, 2021 02:05AM
They're getting close, albeit with 200 more cubic inches in it.

What's the argument against EFI? October 26, 2021 09:24AM
What's the argument against allowing EFI into the class?

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 26, 2021 09:31AM
The Original Michael
The current fuel delivery system works. It is expensive but pretty darn reliable in the grand scheme of things. If the members of the class want to change it, let them but otherwise you're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 26, 2021 09:47AM
Bryan Lively

The current fuel delivery system works. It is expensive but pretty darn reliable in the grand scheme of things. If the members of the class want to change it, let them but otherwise you're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Bryan, with all due respect that's not an argument against allowing EFI as an option. If it's allowed (not mandated), what's the argument against allowing pullers who want to use this technology to use it?

Is it a true statement that a brand new farm tractor one would buy today uses EFI?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 09:51AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 26, 2021 10:28AM
The Original Michael

Bryan, with all due respect that's not an argument against allowing EFI as an option. If it's allowed (not mandated), what's the argument against allowing pullers who want to use this technology to use it?

Is it a true statement that a brand new farm tractor one would buy today uses EFI?

You're muddying the waters. Let the class decide if it's allowed. Don't spend other people's money unless you wanna jump in the class.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 10:56AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 26, 2021 12:56PM
Its time to up date up draft carbs is gone now get rid of the mech fuel pumps

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 28, 2021 12:45AM
Bryan Lively

You're muddying the waters. Let the class decide if it's allowed. Don't spend other people's money unless you wanna jump in the class.

Bryan,

You’re usually well reasoned and well spoken (more so than me), but I believe that it’s actually you muddying the waters. So far your argument against EFI is:
• The current system works
• Let the pullers in the class decide
• Don’t spend other peoples money

NONE of those points are arguments either for or against allowing EFI.

Just because the current system works has no bearing on whether EFI should be an option, it’s just a statement about the current system. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it doesn’t address if there are better options or not. If you want to make a point about EFI not being as good or as capable then we can have that debate and talk about the current shortcomings of the system and whether it would be able to evolve quick enough to meet the fuel delivery needs.

As for letting the pullers in the class decide, again that’s a general statement and not specifically about EFI. That same logic could be applied to every single discussion and every single rule change. It’s giving the inmates complete control of the asylum and I don’t think you truly think that’s good for the sport. The pullers should clearly have input but there are plenty of times when pullers need to be protected from themselves and that’s why we have a rule making process that allows discussion and input from boards, builders, promoters, tech officials, insurance, etc....

Regarding don’t spend other peoples money, nobody was doing that, it was just a question about EFI as an OPTION. Nobody would have to spend a dime if they didn’t want to. If you think EFI would be expensive, maybe. We can debate that and should be able to. We can debate initial cost of the system, cost of maintenance, long-term costs, etc… and compare those to billet mechanical pumps. I think it’s an interesting debate.

Now my input…
Here’s a Pro for EFI… younger kids are doing more and more on the computer. Watch any car show or Youtube channel and even some of the old school guys are putting EFI systems on old muscle cars to make them easier to tune. EFI in pulling could bring in more young competitors and it could make vehicles easier to tune (so I guess those are two reason, not one)

Now a Con, it might scare some of the non-tech savvy pullers away. I’d argue that they still have a mechanical option, but sometimes perception can become reality and guys think they need something when they actually don't.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 28, 2021 01:39AM
Awe come on, let's just stay in the 1980s until we've completely killed the sport.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 28, 2021 02:42AM
Jake Morgan

Bryan,

You’re usually well reasoned and well spoken (more so than me), but I believe that it’s actually you muddying the waters. So far your argument against EFI is:
• The current system works
• Let the pullers in the class decide
• Don’t spend other peoples money

NONE of those points are arguments either for or against allowing EFI.

Just because the current system works has no bearing on whether EFI should be an option, it’s just a statement about the current system. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it doesn’t address if there are better options or not. If you want to make a point about EFI not being as good or as capable then we can have that debate and talk about the current shortcomings of the system and whether it would be able to evolve quick enough to meet the fuel delivery needs.

As for letting the pullers in the class decide, again that’s a general statement and not specifically about EFI. That same logic could be applied to every single discussion and every single rule change. It’s giving the inmates complete control of the asylum and I don’t think you truly think that’s good for the sport. The pullers should clearly have input but there are plenty of times when pullers need to be protected from themselves and that’s why we have a rule making process that allows discussion and input from boards, builders, promoters, tech officials, insurance, etc....

Regarding don’t spend other peoples money, nobody was doing that, it was just a question about EFI as an OPTION. Nobody would have to spend a dime if they didn’t want to. If you think EFI would be expensive, maybe. We can debate that and should be able to. We can debate initial cost of the system, cost of maintenance, long-term costs, etc… and compare those to billet mechanical pumps. I think it’s an interesting debate.

Now my input…
Here’s a Pro for EFI… younger kids are doing more and more on the computer. Watch any car show or Youtube channel and even some of the old school guys are putting EFI systems on old muscle cars to make them easier to tune. EFI in pulling could bring in more young competitors and it could make vehicles easier to tune (so I guess those are two reason, not one)

Now a Con, it might scare some of the non-tech savvy pullers away. I’d argue that they still have a mechanical option, but sometimes perception can become reality and guys think they need something when they actually don't.

Jake, I believe I am absolutely well reasoned considering that we talk until we are blue in the face on this page about how classes are losing numbers because of escalating costs. EFI is another avenue to pour money into a class that doesn't need it, money gets spent well enough as it is. And again, the ones who should decide the direction of a class are the ones who pour money into it, not keyboard punchers like you or me. Yes I get it that it's not a mandate but an option for teams....

And, Jake, by your metric to get younger people involved, shouldn't we encourage entry level.classes to allow EFI? We need to be developing pullers for 5 to 15 years down the road and by that time EFI may just be a perfectly sensible option across more classes. Build from the ground up, not the top down. We should have had this conversation 15 years ago, but it's all hindsight of course.

I don't say it enough but I am glad to have this page to debate issues, thank you Jake for it. However when the floor is open for debate it best be understood that differing, spirited opinions will be offered. I approach this sport much differently than I did 20 years ago. Back then I was obsessed with the act of pulling a sled only, now I focus on more than just the actual pull...everything that goes into the existence, growth, and future viability of a vehicle and sled entertaining fans.

So, for now, and one more time for those in the back that couldn't hear, don't fix/tinker with/alter a rule set that doesn't need it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 28, 2021 03:03AM
Bryan Lively
Jake, I believe I am absolutely well reasoned considering that we talk until we are blue in the face on this page about how classes are losing numbers because of escalating costs. EFI is another avenue to pour money into a class that doesn't need it, money gets spent well enough as it is. And again, the ones who should decide the direction of a class are the ones who pour money into it, not keyboard punchers like you or me. Yes I get it that it's not a mandate but an option for teams....

So, for now, and one more time for those in the back that couldn't hear, don't fix/tinker with/alter a rule set that doesn't need it.

Bryan, I respect all the time, effort, and probably expense you put into covering the sport. That said, are you sure you want to go down this road regarding who can or can't have an opinion on classes? If we were to apply "spending other people's money" across the board.....

* Discussions about LLSS rules? Sorry, that's spending other people's money. Half the posts on this board would disappear overnight.
* Changes to modified engine or blower limits? Sorry, spending other people's money.
* Should heavy diesel and alcohol SS be combined? Do LSS rules need changed to encourage more diesels to be built? Sorry, you don't run a SS. Be still.
* Should Hot Farms be 510 everywhere? Sorry, spending other people's money.
* Intercoolers or not? Nope. Someone else's money.
* Air bags? Other people's money.
* The best new tires to use or are tire costs getting out of hand? Oops. Other people's money.

Also, nobody talk about Gordywanna, Bowling Green, NFMS, Hutchinson, or any other pull. After all, the promoter is footing the bill, and if you discuss any changes to a pull (adding/changing classes, larger purse, facility, date, who they sanction with), you're spending someone else's (promoter's) money.

NTPA Pre commit program? PPL Champions Tour program? Outlaws? Full Pull Productions, KTPA, ITPA, Nebraska Bush Pullers? Unless you pull in those organizations, you can't comment.

See where this line of thought can go if we are consistent in applying it? This is a message board for opinions on pulling topics. Pondering about Pro Stock rules is a pulling related topic. Sometimes pullers get on here and say things like "If you don't pull in my class, your opinion doesn't count" or something that conveys the same message. Telling people (in essence) not to talk about something unless they pull the class is the same thought process.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2021 03:08AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 28, 2021 05:12AM
Michael, go look at my past posts where I have commented on any number of those bullet point issues.

I have been consistent about my belief that we shouldn't spend other peoples money. Its my opinion.

Your opinions run opposed to mine. So be it.

I respect your right to an opinion but don't think for a second I am required to agree with your opinion. To propose a thought or thoughts and think there won't be pushback is naive, and I fully expected you to respond to my dissent. That's the beauty of open and free discussion. Thanks again Jake for the page.

My posts are observational or with a historical slant rather than editorial for the most part. I decided to chime in on this one because I am tired of opinions trying to "fix" things that work as-is. Again, it is my opinion. You have the right to like it, love it, leave it, disagree with it, hate it....be honest about it at a minimum. The world would be pretty dull if we were all yes-men to a particular train of thought.

One more thing:

Re: What's the argument against EFI? October 29, 2021 01:26PM
In my opinion there will never be any common rail (efi) in any of the big diesel classes. Nothing can match the injection rate of a sigma or even a well built Bosch inline. And for the most part there is no need for the Tune-ability of efi over mechanical in the big classes, just need a lot a fuel dumped in quickly lol.
For example in ssd trucks, Cummins killer went from a common rail duramax with massive Cummins injectors and now they’re switched back to a wimer sigma.

Re: What's the argument against EFI? November 07, 2021 12:33PM
Your wrong on the fuel delivery common rail will out do any big pump. Its already been done and its efficient

Re: What's the argument against EFI? November 07, 2021 01:46PM
Nope.

CP

Re: What's the argument against EFI? November 07, 2021 03:32PM
We built a common rail deere

Re: What's the argument against EFI? November 07, 2021 03:35PM
I built a deere common rail tractor. Ran by a computer. The power is there and the technology.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 28, 2021 04:20AM
bigger charger than4.5 or might as well make light timited componet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2021 04:21AM by Mark.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 28, 2021 04:04AM
set a turbo limit or one turbo for all and take away the coolers.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 28, 2021 08:18AM
Disagree on the coolers. When these big turbos pop, they save that very expensive engine by being an excellent shrapnel trap.

CP

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 29, 2021 01:16AM
The only pro stock rule I want is that the engine should match the sheet metal. It'll never happen those days are long gone but a man can dream

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 29, 2021 03:01AM
The immediate need for the class is a Turbo Limit Rule, or a Box Turbo rule such as Doug Roberts Pioneered in the Outlaws years ago. They have gotten into Hp numbers that are mind boggling and Parts eating for most Engines. A backup in size would help other brands be able to compete more reliably and more Tractors will come out of the shops and Pull.

BB

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 29, 2021 11:36AM
Motorsports is driven by money. Add limits, add whatever you want, and it will never level the playing field. There's only one answer to level the playing field and that would be a box tractor. Then, who gets to decide which chassis, motor, turbo, etc it will be? Those willing and able to spend the money will always drive everyone else to try to keep up. There's no "fix" for the prostock class. This is a great class because there are so few rules/limits that can be cheated. If it's going to "die," let it die of natural causes.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future October 29, 2021 01:36PM
Your wrong every class can be fixed .But not by the pullers who pull the class theres always a bunch of suck buddies who cant vote NO to a BAD rule change for the class At the end of season meetings they just sit back raise there hand to whatever or dont vote Gutless not thinking of the future seen it happen to many times 680 CUBES is ridiculous for a class thats a step down from lss thats running less cubic inches 540 AND any brand can be competitive and wouldnt have to be this fake brand [BS] old man John and ih WOULD FLIP OVER IN THERE GRAVE to know of that crap i wouldnt be surprised with the right lawyer a lawsuit could be filed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2021 02:11AM by John Murray.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 02:25AM
Stormy
The immediate need for the class is a Turbo Limit Rule, or a Box Turbo rule such as Doug Roberts Pioneered in the Outlaws years ago. They have gotten into Hp numbers that are mind boggling and Parts eating for most Engines. A backup in size would help other brands be able to compete more reliably and more Tractors will come out of the shops and Pull.

BB

That would make it a really crappy class. MY opinion is that Outlaw pro stocks are not REAL PRO STOCKS!! pro stocks should not have a limit on a charger. it would make the class boring.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 04:56AM
So you think 680 cubic inch, any injection pump, and a 5" turbo is boring? You must not have liked any Prostock pulling a few years ago then....

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 10:02AM
I think the poster is more referring to, is they would like to see the prostock class be what it is, and always should've been....680 cubes, and the biggest single turbo you can run.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 07:32AM
Well let me be the first to break the news. Ps already has a turbo limit.

How many pro stocks are there in the United States November 02, 2021 11:36AM
OK with all thats been said could someone count us up the number of all the pro stock tractors in the United States So we can se just how good 50 States are covered please it would really be good to know what we are working with and a good Topic by itself alone with all the other classes it would be nice to know make a list it would be fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2021 11:38AM by Lewis Conner.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 12:50PM
Tomah Whiner

Spinning

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 04, 2021 07:31AM
Tomah Whiner
as long as the charger is at least 6 inches, then I'll watch.

Re: The most common sense Pro Stock rules for the future November 02, 2021 02:37PM
Tomah winner

BB

That would make it a really crappy class. MY opinion is that Outlaw pro stocks are not REAL PRO STOCKS!! pro stocks should not have a limit on a charger. it would make the class boring.

The Outlaw Pro Stock class is far from boring.

How many prostock tractors do we have November 03, 2021 12:00PM
What about the list some one give us some numbers of how many prostocks are out there so we know what the future looks like

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 03, 2021 01:24PM
What's the point in knowing?

Since you didn't want to do it, after looking at points earners from Outlaws, PPL, NTPA, ITPA, OSTPA, and BSTP, my hand started cramping and I got bored after 80 names.

As I said, Pro Stock is fine.

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2021 01:38PM by cpr.

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 03, 2021 04:34PM
Can't for get East Coast Pro Pulling and USA East/FPP where you could probably count another 10+ tractors.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 04, 2021 03:30AM
There's others that have been out for a season or 2 waiting for parts and whatnot that still have the tractor. Zero doubt in my mind that there over 100 tractors across the US with a 5" or bigger turbo on them.

CP

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 04, 2021 07:17AM
With those numbers it sounds like something definitely needs fixed two tractors per state

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 04, 2021 11:44PM
Tripping
With those numbers it sounds like something definitely needs fixed two senators per state

2 too many................

FIFY

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 05, 2021 12:46AM
I might be mistaken, however I believe there are many states where tractor pulling is a very rare event, maybe does not even happen. So to divide your number by fifty is kind of a skewed number, kind of what our corrupt politicians do to get what they want. This method is like saying elk are becoming extinct because we only have a few per state when you divide the total population of elk by 50 states. I would bet that there are way more 5 inch plus turbo tractors across the UNITED STATES than you realize. I personally like watching the pro stocks run. Yes I wish it had more color in it than it has but none the less, they are very impressive to watch. No I likely will never be able to afford one, so I will just keep pulling at the level I can afford to compete at and enjoy watching the more expensive ones when I am not pulling. "If the big boys have any more fun on their expensive rides than I do on my lower level ride, then, I don't know how they can stand it!" Lol Enjoy the pulling we have people, and be Thankful we have people that can afford to build these machines for us to enjoy. Quit belly aching around about how this class needs to go away or that class. If it ain't your money then why should you care? Just some food for thought! Be Blessed and enjoy the pulls!

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 05, 2021 10:23AM
Amen!

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 05, 2021 01:30AM
Tripping
With those numbers it sounds like something definitely needs fixed two tractors per state

Most of those 100 or so Pro Stock tractors are based out of about 15 states with Ohio probably having the most...100 is plenty as most are only hooked at national level events..

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 05, 2021 11:57AM
Have some past time fun do the list tractor names amd owners and 100 in 15 states is not a very good count

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 12:51AM
Besides TWDs what class has more to justify whatever argument you aren't making?

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 01:31AM
Virtually every other single charger class in the country has more

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 03:33AM
Given the exceptionally fractured nature of single charger classes, I would disagree. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have, but now? No.

CP

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 02:21AM
Lewis Conner
Have some past time fun do the list tractor names amd owners and 100 in 15 states is not a very good count

For as much as they cost to build thats a good amount of tractors..Very few states even offer Pro Stocks as a state level class..They are a national level class and so far the numbers are good at these events...

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 12:33PM
Great info now tell us why those States dont offer that class then you will answer the original Topic question What would be the most common Pro stock rules for the FUTURE befor more states drop them and then just maybe with a little fix other states may pick them back up again it must be so embarasing that know one wants to make a list they just want to play with there little thumbs down buttons if i could give myself one i could save some one the trouble lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 01:52PM by Lewis Conner.

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 06, 2021 04:33PM
List made. You got 100 in your class?

Can anyone make a list of 100 pullers in any GN class? (I know I can in 2, but they both have truck bodies).

Rationalize your argument.

As noted, again, 24.5 tire single whistle has been so fractionalized, the numbers are not there in sufficient qauntity to justify changing Pro Stock from what it is.

Pro Stock is fine.

CP

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 12:20AM
Never said grand national total over all forget the count numbers are not there

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 12:36AM
Lewis Conner
Great info now tell us why those States dont offer that class then you will answer the original Topic question What would be the most common Pro stock rules for the FUTURE befor more states drop them and then just maybe with a little fix other states may pick them back up again it must be so embarasing that know one wants to make a list they just want to play with there little thumbs down buttons if i could give myself one i could save some one the trouble lol

Research this sites archives Lewis Conner,.....you will find an article on "Is the Prostock Class Dying"

It was written more or less 10 years ago,......Eye Rolling

Al Gore said we would all be dead from global warming by now too,......Confused

My point is,....predicting the future is really really hard.Spinning

Accepting reality can be harder,....

and reality is,...the 10 Pro is a expensive class and economics dictate life.

Case in point......study FDR's New Deal,....and tell us how that has "helped the Nation" these last 85 years .......

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 01:22AM
Forget it you guys just keep on making excuses of how not to answer the question and can’t answer the question because and won’t because the numbers are two embarrassing

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 01:53AM
Lewis
Forget it you guys just keep on making excuses of how not to answer the question and can’t answer the question because and won’t because the numbers are two embarrassing

Life is full of unanswered questions Lewis Conner. Perfect example,....Did he really get 81 million? Bouncing

Or is that answer "two embarrassing".............Hot

As for your demand to have someone else produce a list of Prostocks in the Country here's some advice,....do it yourself.

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 01:01AM
Really i could care less but it sure is a sore spot

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 03:19AM
Lewis Conner
Really i could care less but it sure is a sore spot

I did not know you were Canadian....

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 06:25AM
No but one of my first tractors whas a 570 Cockshutt called the Canadian Outlaw

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 08, 2021 06:37AM
Lewis Conner
No but one of my first tractors whas a 570 Cockshutt called the Canadian Outlaw

That's interesting,...I sense a lot of Justin Trudeau in your posts,.....last question....Have you ever had a false eyebrow fall off in public?

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 08, 2021 01:22PM
Know but i wore two different kinds of boots to work one day does that count should have noticed my limp

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 01:56AM
I have no idea what specific question you have. No post you made had one of these (?) in it. Closest I can get is you referring to the cubic inches.

Why does PS have to change? There's a smaller cube class if you want it.

And just how many are there supposed to be for "healthy" in your mind? If 100 isn't enough, then get out the shovels because most of this sport is dead.

CP

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 08, 2021 11:20AM
lewis fannatic

Research this sites archives Lewis Conner,.....you will find an article on "Is the Prostock Class Dying"

It was written more or less 10 years ago,......Eye Rolling

Al Gore said we would all be dead from global warming by now too,......Confused

My point is,....predicting the future is really really hard.Spinning

Accepting reality can be harder,....

and reality is,...the 10 Pro is a expensive class and economics dictate life.

Case in point......study FDR's New Deal,....and tell us how that has "helped the Nation" these last 85 years .......

First, you got the title wrong... Is The Pro Stock Class Broken? was the title. Second, I never once used the word dieing in that article. Third, when I wrote that article there were probably twice as many Prostocks as there are nowadays (maybe more than that).

I made some bold predictions back in the day:
- Like Components in the Pro class... I was reamed out as crazy because they were unnecessary
- BBJD would become dominant... they weren't at the top of the class back then
- I asked about aftermarket blocks... not a thing back then in the class
- I asked about billet blocks... not a thing back then either
- I questioned allowing cross breeding... back then everyone said NO ONE would ever do this. They said it was an idiotic suggestion.

Funny how all of those have come true and I was questioning those things long, long, long before they were even on anyone's radar. People constantly try to re-write the title of my article and they try to rewrite what the article said, but I seemed to hit on quite a few issues about the future when the class was at it's absolute peak for numbers. I agree that predicting the future is hard, but I'm not upset with that questions I asked in that article.

I did write another article... not specific to Pro Stock, just random predictions for the future of the sport and most of the classes... I did use the word dieing in that article...

Random Predictions and Ramblings
"Prediction for Pro Stock: I predict that the numbers will dwindle in the class over the next 4-5 year. As I predicted last year all the organizations will allow component tractors. The color will go to 80%-90% Green. The small block JD tractors that choose to stay in the class will gradually change their setups to big block tractors. There will be a few Red tractors that do the R&D and make the little DT466 run near the top but it will ultimately lead to a loss of reliability and in the end they will get left behind. In an almost last ditch effort to gain color the ATPA will allow all Ag blocks and eventually aftermarket blocks for non-green tractors. This will signal that the class is grasping at straws and is very close to dieing. The price tag will be double and the fan interest will be minimal. Turbo limits and pump limits will also be proposed as a solution to this class. The class will become a very small niche class with pulls at a select few events. I will continue to support the PS class and die hard fans will still enjoy watching the 680 Deere roar down the track with tremendous Hp but this class may eventually be combined with the Diesel Super Stock and it will ultimately be replaced by the LPS. The only salvation I see for this class is CID limit in the mid 500’s and unfortunately I don’t see that happening."

I'll admit that I underestimated the number of wealthy people willing to spend so much money for such a small return... it still amazes me that guys will pour that much money into the class to win peanuts. I'm thankful for it, because I still like watching that class, but personally I can't wrap my head around it. That underestimate had a huge impact on my prediction for class size and subsequently fan interest and I readily admit that. I underestimated the emotion and ego associated with the sport. However almost everything else I wrote seems like a pretty decent predictions... except cost, I underestimated that too.

So I guess I was wrong, the class was fine back then. It was 100% perfect and wasn't broken in any way. No way at all. It's 15 years later, the class is half as big, four times as expensive and people are still asking if it's broken. Clearly nothing's wrong for some people because they still have good numbers... clearly everything is just great in to eyes of some.

I've always wondered who the people are that think there's nothing wrong with the USA because we are still a great nation... I've always wondered who are the people who can't see the flaws we have even though our country is still the beacon of light. I think we live in the greatest country in the world, but I'm not so blind as to say we don't have any problems. Right now it seems like we have some huge problems... but clearly nothing is wrong with our nation because people still want to come here (at least that's how many view Pro Stock so it must be true for the USA too.

Clearly nothing has ever been wrong with the Pro Stock class either. Clearly it's 100% perfect and clearly it's always been on the perfect track with no issues for some. For others (like me) I think that class is awesome, but I think it could have been better. I think if Pro Stock (and Super Farm) cubic inch limits were lowered 15 years ago we wouldn't have ever started so many other single turbo diesel tractor classes. I think the rise of so many other single charger classes are proof that both Pro Stock and Super Farm had/have their fair share of flaws.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2021 08:55AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: How many prostock tractors do we have November 07, 2021 02:20AM
Lewis Conner

In the past only a very few states ever offered the Pro Stock class as a state level class...Ohio is one of the main ones that did and still does...My state never did offer PS and it has lots of pulling groups in it and has at least 10 Pro Stocks that hook nationally...The prize money for the PS class would have to be large and most small town state level pulls just cant afford that...Theres no need to change the current PS rules..We have the 4.1 class which is the PS class of 30 years ago.

Pro Stock just needs to be a national level class along with DSS,Unlimited Mods,etc.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2