Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 26, 2021 10:53AM
Are components still happening?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 26, 2021 11:23AM
99 percent of 4.1 pullers say NO!!! Go after the 85 lite pros and leave 4.1 alone!!! Thanks

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 06:36AM
Whow Whow Whow… Leave us out of that. 99.9% percent of us don’t want it. You keep that guy. Lol

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 09:00AM
Lite Pro
Whow Whow Whow… Leave us out of that. 99.9% percent of us don’t want it. You keep that guy. Lol

Allowing components in the 8500# Light Pro class is a no brainer. Also allowing pullers to "make" the rules for their own class is one of the crazier things the sanctioning bodies have done. The pullers should not make the rules, they can be asked their opinion but that's it.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 06:06AM
A few tractors are illegal to the current rules, so instead of making them comply we are looking to change the rule? Why??

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 06:56AM
4.2 puller
A few tractors are illegal to the current rules, so instead of making them comply we are looking to change the rule? Why??

Dollars and sense

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 07:43AM
4.2 puller

Not looking for names of tractors or drivers, but I'm curious about what's illegal on them regarding the chassis.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 08:31AM
Driveline has been lowered

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 10:19AM
Is everything still in the factory housing? Is the engine still bolted in the stock location?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 02:50PM
Yes but the driveline is not in the stock location so it is illegal.
AKA halfbreed component.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 03:16PM
Show me the rule that states the driveline must be in the original location.
There is none in NTPA,PPL,OUTLAWS,
States HOUSING.
So, unless it is specifically stated, Pro Fab style transmission in a stock HOUSING is legal.
Nothing about driveline location at all.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 04:09PM
HP
Show me the rule that states the driveline must be in the original location.
There is none in NTPA,PPL,OUTLAWS,
States HOUSING.
So, unless it is specifically stated, Pro Fab style transmission in a stock HOUSING is legal.
Nothing about driveline location at all.

Who says this about NTPA, PPL or OUTLAWS?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:23PM
As was said above, I've never seen anything in ANY rule book about driveline location in an ag chassis. If the engine is in the stock location and the transmission housing and rear-end are being used then nothing else matters. The driveline could be in the upper corner of the housing, the bottom middle, the bottom corner, etc... and it doesn't matter. You could machine the housing out completely and just make it for decoration and it would still be legal as long as all the parts fit inside. Heck, I don't know if the rule book even specifies if the driveline needs to be inside the housing.

Can anyone point to a specific page an any rule book about driveline location?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:45PM
The housing is just not what you can visually see it is a 3 dimensional part with a blue print that defines it. If you machine out the inside it is not longer "stock".

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:51PM
So you're saying ANY machining/grinding/modifying to the housing makes it illegal? Good luck trying to sell that to ANYONE.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 02:16AM
Not trying to sell anything just reading the rule. If people don't want to follow it that's a problem. So that exactly how we got here people don't want to follow the rules so we change the rules to fit what we have illegally done. Typical stupid human trick performed not just in pulling but all of society.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 04:14AM
Jake Morgan
As was said above, I've never seen anything in ANY rule book about driveline location in an ag chassis. If the engine is in the stock location and the transmission housing and rear-end are being used then nothing else matters. The driveline could be in the upper corner of the housing, the bottom middle, the bottom corner, etc... and it doesn't matter. You could machine the housing out completely and just make it for decoration and it would still be legal as long as all the parts fit inside. Heck, I don't know if the rule book even specifies if the driveline needs to be inside the housing.

Can anyone point to a specific page an any rule book about driveline location?

What defines stock location of the engine. Try some critical thinking here. Example: input shaft is located 6” above pinion shaft in oem housing/ style transmission. Oem transmission is deleted and housing is machined for box/reverser type transmission with input and output of trans on same plane as pinion. What has to happen to get crankshaft on same plane as drivetrain shafts? No misinformation being spread just a lack of understanding Cool

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 08:02AM
And everyone would notice your block is sitting 6" lower from where it should be on the bellhousing and call you out.

Page 25

IV TRACTOR
1. All engine blocks must remain in original location as
intended by the manufacturer.

page 31 PPL rule book under super farm, some more clarification

Chassis
8A. Components are not permitted.
8B. OEM rear-end, transmission, and engine must be in
stock location, bolted and secured to OEM chassis.
8C. Engine cannot move independent or rear-end/
transmission housing(s).
8D. Stock transmission housing or manufacturer’s
replacement and stock final drive housings or
manufacture’s replacement.
8E. Chassis and frame must remain stock from rear of
engine block to the rear of tractor.
8F. Tie bars are mandatory or full frame must be mounted
rigid to engine, transmission, and final drive housings.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 12:37PM
ppmengineering
And everyone would notice your block is sitting 6" lower from where it should be on the bellhousing and call you out.

Page 25

IV TRACTOR
1. All engine blocks must remain in original location as
intended by the manufacturer.

page 31 PPL rule book under super farm, some more clarification

Chassis
8A. Components are not permitted.
8B. OEM rear-end, transmission, and engine must be in
stock location, bolted and secured to OEM chassis.
8C. Engine cannot move independent or rear-end/
transmission housing(s).
8D. Stock transmission housing or manufacturer’s
replacement and stock final drive housings or
manufacture’s replacement.
8E. Chassis and frame must remain stock from rear of
engine block to the rear of tractor.
8F. Tie bars are mandatory or full frame must be mounted
rigid to engine, transmission, and final drive housings.

Funny you should post this. Money and machinists have a strange way of making things give the appearance that things are where they should be. Oh and if the frame rails get lowered 6” that engine is back in “stock” location

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 01:09PM
If the engine is not in stock location in association with the rear-end then it's not legal. Stock location does not pertain to height with regard to the ground or else you wouldn't be able to lower the front of the tractor with smaller tires, lowered front axle, drop spindles, etc.... The precedent for all those things has been in place for years and years. The only interpretation of the "stock location" rule is in regards to it bolting to the rear-end. Not frame, not height, not front axle, not hood, not anything other than the rear-end or transmission housing.

If the engine is bolted to the rear-end in any location other than stock it should be illegal. That's a whole different animal. That's a whole different discussion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 01:51PM
Well that’s the discussion we’re having. With the right cosmetics in place most would never know the mods have taken place. Clutch blankets rarely get removed during tech inspection

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 04:04PM
Well, framing the discussion properly matters. All you had to say was they lowered the engine.... Done. Lowering the driveline is a completely different topic to the vast majority of people. You could lower the driveline within the housing with a dropbox and it would be 100% legal. Lowering the engine is a whole different discussion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 02:53AM
I believe in every post I’ve eluded to the fact that the crankshaft was on same plane as the pinion

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 30, 2021 02:47AM
See Fig, you are kind of doing the same thing as the rule makers when you elude. Even your term ‘same plane’ is vague. The factory JD has the crank and pinion on the same vertical plane, but different horizontal planes. Which is what I presume you are eluding to. If some are dropping the engine on a JD so that the crank is inline with the pinion shaft like the factory IH & Ford as you seem to be eluding to, I’d love to see a picture of how they are fitting the clutch in the factory housing. I guess cutting the bottom from the clutch housing isn’t really any different than cutting the top from transmission housing though, so within the concept of the factory castings just have to be present, there really isn’t a difference.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 30, 2021 06:49AM
Deere puller, valid point, I should have said at same height. Stock location is a loose phrase. People with creative vision, a good machine shop and welder can make things appear as they should when in reality they are not

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 February 19, 2022 04:41PM
For real though. It makes this all hard because if someone wants to redo the chassis I wouldn’t want to spend all that money on OEM if the class goes component next year. It’s to the point now where I wish they would just do it so you know your not spending 30 grand on something that you can only sell to a limited amount of people.

All in all on a serious note. No one really knows at this point? Has any person of some power in any organization said that this is going to happen?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 February 20, 2022 01:08AM
For real though. It makes this all hard because if someone wants to redo the chassis I wouldn’t want to spend all that money on OEM if the class goes component next year. It’s to the point now where I wish they would just do it so you know your not spending 30 grand on something that you can only sell to a limited amount of people.

All in all on a serious note. No one really knows at this point? Has any person of some power in any organization said that this is going to happen?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 February 20, 2022 04:48AM
The hub weld broke, not the cast reared. Yes it can happen in any brand/class. This is a concern but to me not a complete reason to chance the class.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 12:17PM
No one told me anything.
I can read the rule book. You ought to try it WITHOUT adding your OPINION in.
Read JUST the words that are there.
If the words aren't there, they aren't.
To quote Mr. Ernie Connor , "if the rules don't say I can't do it, I can".
I just hate when that happens.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:25PM
It states stock housing and everything about that housing should be stock by definition. The job of the housing is to "house" the driveline and other components. So to move the driveline in that stock housing it needs to be altered in some way which is not "stock" anymore. AKA ILLEGAL. You can read anything into the rules to fit your agenda.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:42PM
Apparently there is a rule because some have been forced to change them back to original location. It’s a beneficial mod in particular with drivetrains which the pinion shaft is not on the same plane as the crank, everything gets lowered

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:46PM
If there is a rule it should be pretty easy to show a page number in a rulebook. Please produce the evidence, otherwise you're spreading false info.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 27, 2021 11:43PM
So according to your definition you can't alter a stock block either so everyone should be running stock cubes in the class (maybe .030-0.60 over but no more!) Your attempt to twist the rules make no sense logically. Stock doesn't mean unaltered and everyone knows that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 07:05AM
Jake Morgan
So according to your definition you can't alter a stock block either so everyone should be running stock cubes in the class (maybe .030-0.60 over but no more!) Your attempt to twist the rules make no sense logically. Stock doesn't mean unaltered and everyone knows that.

Correct. Stock means factory made with all the codes and rules, but can still be altered to fit desired specs according to rules. Good point.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 11:08AM
Tomah winner

Correct. Stock means factory made with all the codes and rules, but can still be altered to fit desired specs according to rules. Good point.

Yeah, this is the point that they want to ignore because they are being willfully ignorant.

This is nothing more than one or two guys that just want everyone else to change because they are jealous. Have these guys hit their own housing with a grinder? Then according to their idiotic definition they are illegal. Have they machined any of the rear-end for different bearings or gears? Then according to their own definition they are illegal.

This actually might be one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen on this page.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 February 20, 2022 12:45AM
If you feel so strongly about this why don’t you just protest them? Not being rude just questions. You seem very firm in your position

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 08:43AM
Keep it simple!!! Stock rear end housing. And let em go from there let’s see some good old fashioned ingenuity!!! No more cookie cutter classes!!!!

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 01:50PM
The original topic was components in various classes. I know this ship has sailed due to another poorly written / loosely interpreted rule, but to me factory housings maintain the factory shaft locations and contain the oil. Once the Profab & Atlasmax self contained gearboxes started going into housings with no top and in some cases cut so that only the sides are left, why not allow components?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 02:19PM
Because it’s far more intelligent to re-engineer oem castings to accept all the same driveline components used in a component so you can still say you have an ag rear Smoking

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 11:26PM
"Because it’s far more intelligent to re-engineer oem castings to accept all the same driveline components used in a component so you can still say you have an ag rear"

..........you couldn't have said this any better. This statement applies to all Ag chassis classes. It is amazing what some have done inside while retaining the "appearance" of stock housings. It truly begs the question why any OE Ag castings are a valid requirement in any tractor class anymore.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 28, 2021 04:22PM
Why not just go to the classes that now allow components? Just asking.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 12:29AM
Supertiquer, you’ve had both now, would you go back to an ag chassis?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 12:44AM
Fig, the class I pull in allows it. This is not a matter of what I have since it's not a 4.1 limited pro.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 02:16AM
So the application of common sense need not apply?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 02:20AM
Was the switch required? Why did you switch?

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 03:15AM
What does Clark's LSS have to do with 4.1s?

CP

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 04:09AM
Because switching from an ag chassis to a component chassis is all relative. No superstock or prostock class started with a component chassis. All found a reason to switch from one to the other exactly like Clark did. I want to know his reasoning for doing so.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 08:33AM
Relative is right.

3000 hp through 9500lbs is very different from 3500 through 6000. The reason wouldn't be the same.

CP

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 09:27AM
Lol probably wasn’t using an oem drivetrain of the same nature as a 4.1. So yeah same deal just lighter

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 12:39PM
ummm...

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 01:01PM
The only reason to not allow components is so current competitors in a class can protect their turf. Does nothing for the sport. Is a safety issue. Silly really.

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 12:57PM
Really about all the classes has custom gears input shafts custom steal carriers along with gutted transmission housings with profabs in there place if profabs are allowed which they shouldnt be mite as well be component because i just named enough stuff to make them that way if the profabs are allowed

Re: Component Limited Pro 4.1 October 29, 2021 01:12PM
Fig
Because switching from an ag chassis to a component chassis is all relative. No superstock or prostock class started with a component chassis. All found a reason to switch from one to the other exactly like Clark did. I want to know his reasoning for doing so.

Fig, if you want to message me on Facebook go ahead if you are on it and I will tell you why I did what I did. I refuse to tell any one here why because this thread is NOT about me or the class that I pull in. I just simply asked a question.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing