New Event October 30, 2021 11:02AM
[m.youtube.com]

Re: New Event October 30, 2021 11:28AM
Too bad it’ll be the same weekend as Chapel Hill…

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 04:02AM
theRightRearTire183

Those 2 venues are over 500 miles apart,.............what's your point?

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 01:42PM
The two venues may be 500miles apart but do you realize how many of the pullers at Chapel Hill run PPL?

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 11:49PM
Dave Wilhelm
The two venues may be 500miles apart but do you realize how many of the pullers at Chapel Hill run PPL?

The only class it will affect much are unlimiteds only if PPL runs modifieds. Chapel Hill doesn't run TWD, USS,, LSS, SF, SSD FWD and Semis so no effect there.

Chapel Hill is a limited entry event, so for the classes they do run, it's not Bowling Green numbers. There are enough minis, PS, and FWD GN licensed vehicles plus promoter options to fill those classes regardless what PPL schedules. They would probably get 10 unlimiteds and maybe 10 DSS.

And their pull will still last until 1 am.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 12:29AM
The Original Michael

The only class it will affect much are unlimiteds only if PPL runs modifieds. Chapel Hill doesn't run TWD, USS,, LSS, SF, SSD FWD and Semis so no effect there.

Chapel Hill is a limited entry event, so for the classes they do run, it's not Bowling Green numbers. There are enough minis, PS, and FWD GN licensed vehicles plus promoter options to fill those classes regardless what PPL schedules. They would probably get 10 unlimiteds and maybe 10 DSS.

And their pull will still last until 1 am.

Norwalk is have mods and mini classes. All 10 champion tour classes at norwalk.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 02:39AM
theRightRearTire183

Just means yet another NTPA pull losing numbers. As an Ohioan I'm excited for this pull. I will definitely be in attendance. I'm sure there will be some issues with it being a first year event but if they are putting on a 3 day pull they are bound to pump enough money into it to make it a quality event. Glad to see PPL is searching for ways to grow the sport.

As a fan I for one do not like the idea of hot farm, and pro farm classes mentioned in this thread. The people that enjoy those classes are often not the same people that enjoy the 10 classes that will be at this pull, myself included.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 03:48AM
BrandonA

Just means yet another NTPA pull losing numbers. As an Ohioan I'm excited for this pull. I will definitely be in attendance. I'm sure there will be some issues with it being a first year event but if they are putting on a 3 day pull they are bound to pump enough money into it to make it a quality event. Glad to see PPL is searching for ways to grow the sport.

As a fan I for one do not like the idea of hot farm, and pro farm classes mentioned in this thread. The people that enjoy those classes are often not the same people that enjoy the 10 classes that will be at this pull, myself included.

I'm not sure what the schedule of events will look like, but I was thinking run the smaller classes in an afternoon session and the big classes in the evening. I am not advocating for mixing the small and big classes into the same evening show. I personally enjoy both types of classes and would be interested in watching an afternoon session, getting a bite to eat and then watch an evening session. (Like I said though the schedule may already include afternoon sessions for the 10 classes offered.) Bottom line: I'm excited about the new event and hope it is a success!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2021 03:51AM by Stretch.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 05:03AM
I doubt there would be afternoon session, especially for a new event. Most afternoon sessions the promoters are lucky to break even unless you're a Tomah, BG, etc.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 06:35AM
I'm not sure how they don't do afternoons. Side by Side tracks is almost impossible there. Goshen is one of the tightest at 74' wall to wall. Norwalk is only 60'.

CP

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 07:13AM
cpr
I'm not sure how they don't do afternoons. Side by Side tracks is almost impossible there. Goshen is one of the tightest at 74' wall to wall. Norwalk is only 60'.

CP

Interesting information. I know the farmstock track at Goshen is definitely tight.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 07:22AM
I am excited for this event and can't wait to attend! That's the bottom line here!

Re: New Event November 02, 2021 02:18AM
BrandonA

Can't blame the NTPA, they had that weekend first. I understand they charge WAY TOO MUCH for hook fees, but I don't think they will lose numbers all that much.

Re: New Event October 30, 2021 05:39PM
This is great for pulling. It’s too bad that there’s no pulling in the promotional video.

Re: New Event November 03, 2021 11:46AM
Very excited about this hope they get good clay for this and add the right classes. TWD TWD and more TWD everyone's favorite class. TWD in every session cuz everyone loves them so much.

Re: New Event November 04, 2021 03:44AM
Dmax47
Very excited about this hope they get good clay for this and add the right classes. TWD TWD and more TWD everyone's favorite class. TWD in every session cuz everyone loves them so much.

I appreciate the humor. If I had to vote for my least favorite class it would be TWD by a long shot. Would be curious to hear others opinions on least favorite class

Re: New Event November 04, 2021 05:24AM
Agree with ^^^

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 01:37AM
Seen this tried before, the temporary dirt tracks on a race track never seems to hold together or take the power. And the big crowds they expect never happen either. Just sayin. Lets go brandon!

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 06:26AM
Looks awesome! It would even be more awesome if they would have some farm, hot farm, llss, pro farm kind of classes since theyre going to go through all of that work of building a track they might as well let other pullers get a chance to pull there like how they had street stocks and late models at bristol while they had dirt on the track.

Re: New Event October 31, 2021 12:48PM
Wheeler
Looks awesome! It would even be more awesome if they would have some farm, hot farm, llss, pro farm kind of classes since theyre going to go through all of that work of building a track they might as well let other pullers get a chance to pull there like how they had street stocks and late models at bristol while they had dirt on the track.

I second this thought!! May be a way for them to make some extra money and draw in more competitors/spectators that will undoubtedly spend money while they’re there.

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 08:59AM
Didn't ATPA (PPL before it was PPL) try something like this at Bristol years ago? I wonder if we can use that venue as a reflection of what may eventually happen here?

Re: New Event November 01, 2021 11:00PM
Lets keep in mind this isn't PPL'S first rodeo pulling on a dragstrip. Does anyone remember Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park?
I also believe a couple years ago circa 2018-2019 they also put on a show in Tennessee at a dragstrip?

I do find it very interesting that the Bader family is trying their hand in the tractor pulling world after seeing all the success that another track just less than 40 miles away has had. Now I do understand that Dragway 42 has its own designated pulling track but still.... a TRUE MOTORSPORTS FACILITY... VERY VERY COOL and EXCITING!
It can only open a door of opportunity to Norwalk.
I can remember being at Dragway 42 when I was a kid watching NTPA pull and in-between hooks turning around and watching drag racing going on.. If done properly, Norwalk (Summit Motorsports park) could do the same.

To Summit Motorsports park and the Bader family- THANK YOU, for this awesome opportunity to see a topnotch show at a beautiful facility. I'm sure there'll be a huge fireworks display one of the nights... plus dollar ice-cream?!?!?!?!

To Dragway 42- Thank you for another beautiful venue in OHIO to go see a pull, every show gets better and better!

Re: New Event November 02, 2021 12:04AM
The desiel extravaganza that Shied has in Indiana has a dragstrip on the same grounds, pretty cool to go watch racing when they weren't pulling.

Re: New Event November 02, 2021 05:02AM
NTPA and PPL run all summer long with conflicting dates, why would this be any different? I don't think either event will have issues with numbers on vehicles.

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2