Back up camera November 07, 2021 03:02PM
Are rear view/back up camera's allowed?

Re: Back up camera November 07, 2021 03:56PM
I hope so.
Bunch of 4wd guys have had them for 3 or 4 years.

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 02:12AM
have used wireless back up camera on tractor for past 5 years just switched to a newer version with a cable instead of wireless have not used it yet but will see how it works next weekend down south. I think the newer one with direct cable from camera to monitor might be even better but the wireless one worked pretty well but it had a narrower angle camera and the new one has wide angle view and night vision also.My main need of one was when backing out of hauler to make sure spectators in pit area were not going to get run over when I coasted out of bus.

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 06:09AM
I was just thinking it could speed up the pace of the pulls and also be used as a safety measure if guys can record the hook in case of a sled malfunction.

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 08:33AM
I have one on my new build, and after I have gotten it adjusted correctly, it works very good! Really nice for backing up to the skid if you don't have someone directing you.

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 09:24AM
We have had one on the Feissty Farmer since 2015, it works well for Tarry because she wears a HANS device and can't turn around. Unfortunately she will always end up a foot to the left of center unless I direct her until she is about 10' from the sled. Ours is an old setup that I think I'll replace with a better unit this winter, would like to find one with a center line to make it easier for her to line up.

S'no Farmer

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 09:14AM
I have one on my tractor. Multi useful - helps to see when backing up around the pits, can see how close/straight you are to the sled when backing up…has been a real good $40 investment for me. I’m a bigger guy in a tight rollcage so turning around isn’t that easy. For sure recommend it.

Re: Back up camera November 08, 2021 12:37PM
Todd the newer one I just installed has the 2 lines displayed that is supposed to be as wide as a normal car Tarry might be able to use that as a reference for center but I do not think any normal BU Cameras would have just a single center line I will let you know how it works backing up to sled this weekend down south. Also the new one has LED lights around camera for night vision not at all sure how that will work but it might be a good feature

Re: Back up camera November 15, 2021 04:38AM
Update for Tarry and Todd the new camera with a cable connecting the camera to the display screen works very well and it does have 2 lines displayed on the picture and with a little bending of the mounting tabs I was able to get it to show true center behind tractor . As a funny side note it is possible to install camera upside down and to fix that you have to drill out the 2 pop rivets to turn it right side up LOL

Re: Back up camera November 15, 2021 06:43AM
Another great option is to find a back-up camera from a wrecked car in a junk yard. They even have directional lines to make sure you are perfectly parallel to the sled.

Re: Back up camera November 15, 2021 07:41AM
Good to know Don.

S'no Farmer

Re: Back up camera November 15, 2021 11:56AM
Don
What brand and where did you get it at?

Wayne

Re: Back up camera November 17, 2021 06:52AM
Wayne I found it on ebay and it was only about 30bucks for the type that uses a cable to connect camera to screen if I get a chance to look it up in past purchases I will let you know ebay item number

Re: Back up camera November 15, 2021 01:07PM
I got one on our Tractor off Amazon. It has 2 lines on each side and I pointed it so I can see the wheelie bars to find center. Works really good and can get right to the sled quickly. I have a full width fender wing on our modified so looking back isn't a option.

Re: Back up camera November 17, 2021 07:39AM
Wayne item number for ebay was 313236897672 only problem was the mounting bracket for the camera was a little too flimsy so I made a different mount for the camera looking at ebay listings it looks to me as if item 184085073523 is only a few dollars more and the camera mount looks better the mounting systems that use the top 2 bolts on a cars license plate bolts are even a better way to mount the camera and that was how my old camera was mounted so I cut the old camera out of the center of the plastic mount and glued the new camera onto the old mount that way it attached to the tractor in the same way the original camera did

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing