Factory component tractors? November 15, 2021 12:29AM
1 thing I will point out promting components is that all manufacturers of tractors since the mid 90s have had component based tractors starting with JD 7000 series tractors. Then I believe the maxxum CIH series was next at least in our American tractors. not sure when or what brand over seas might have built before we did. ( they always seem to be the first to do these things) however all of these component style tractors still have ridged frames from 1 end to the other. But my point is why can't we use ( and I am more of a JD guy) a say JD 7800 rear end with a profab transmission and put the engine in a certain position in a frame like it is from the factory with a drive shaft between a clutch can and then between the transmission and rear end just like it was from the factory. The 8000 series JD and all MX style magnum CIH would also fit the component style tractors but are so heavy we wouldn't want to go with that style for obvious reasons. just something that I have thought of for a while but really haven't pushed for since I already have 2 ag based tractors and really don't have the means to go to much more than Hot Farm. even though hot farm really isn't affordable either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 06:58AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 07:17AM
Component factory tractors have been around longer than the 90's...

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 09:01AM
top row fan
Component factory tractors have been around longer than the 90's...

....more like the '40s. Custom/Wards/Lehr/Rockol tractors, some with an inline Chrysler 8, and the Froday brand produced in low numbers.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 09:11AM
Mid 30"s

[www.tractordata.com]

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 10:23AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Mid 30"s

[www.tractordata.com]

Good catch, there's an early COOP just up the road from me similar to that but I don't know the vintage. It could be argued that all those model T Fords converted into tractors are a part of the conversation but not OEM of course.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 06:59AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 10:29AM
Just planting a new seed for future possibilities of discussion. I think it would be fun to try.

Re: Solution to a pronlem..... November 16, 2021 10:24AM
That's true but that's all before my time and didn't even think of those guys. Guess I'm thinking of hot farm on up weight class type tractors. But those are valid points for antique pulling.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 10:37AM
Bonestock
That's true but that's all before my time and didn't even think of those guys. Guess I'm thinking of hot farm on up weight class type tractors. But those are valid points for antique pulling.

There's a few pulling antique now, a couple Friday machines floating around and a few more of the Wards/Custom lineage pulling in uncut and top cut classes. The way the 8 and 12 mph classes are now you'll quickly find the weak links in the driveline when big cube industrial engines get put where flathead Chrysler engines used to sit.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 11:28AM
Custom , Wards Oliver IH F12 through f30 Alliis WCs and such Olivers Cockshutts Fords,Oil Pull Massey Harris Hart Parr all of those had component type tractors

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 01:47PM
uh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 07:00AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 16, 2021 11:38PM
[gmauthority.com]

Re: Factory component tractors? November 17, 2021 03:54AM
lutefisk and lefsa
[gmauthority.com]

This is pretty darn cool!

Re: Factory component tractors? November 18, 2021 03:14PM
what is the smallest CIH made like this?

Re: Factory component tractors? November 18, 2021 11:51PM
Cih guy
what is the smallest CIH made like this?

I'm a Deere guy, so I'm not certain, but I think the MXM's are like that.

The neighbor has a model I think is like that also that he just bought used, it's a 2014 model.

My 100hp JD 6420 is also like that, has a driveshaft between the eng. and tranny.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 20, 2021 01:08AM
MXM is made like a regular tractor. I haven’t been able to find much on the IH Side made like that. Any other help?

Re: Factory component tractors? November 18, 2021 10:02PM
After the WW2 here in Italy it was very common to use what the war left (Jeep Willys, military trucks or whatever it had wheels and an engine) to "create" small tractors.
They were called Carioca (Dunno why)

Re: Factory component tractors? November 21, 2021 02:30PM
So a component tractor has a drive shaft from the clutch to the gear box ? Thought there was more to it than that.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 22, 2021 02:05AM
In simplest terms a component tractor is really all about the rear-end housing. A component tractor is a tractor with an AFTERMARKET rear-end housing. It simply means it's made of non-OEM tractor chassis parts. It doesn't matter if it's a truck rear-end, a fabricated rear-end, a Combine final drive etc... it's the fact that those parts are non-OEM for a tractor that matters.
  • It doesn't matter what parts are stuffed inside that housing (tons of non-OEM gears and transmissions in ALL the non-component classes for decades)
  • It doesn't matter if the housing has had machine work done to it (tons of machining done in ALL the non-component classes for decades)
  • It doesn't matter if a tractor has a full length frame it doesn't make it a component tractor (there are ton's of examples of this in the non-component classes).
  • It doesn't matter if a tractor has a visible drive shaft it doesn't make it a component tractor (there are ton's of examples of this (Oliver) for decades in the non-component classes).
  • It's not about modular design or whether it's bolted together rigid or not (there are ton's of examples of this (Oliver) for decades in the non-component classes).
  • It doesn't matter if is has outboard planetaries or not (Case, Oliver/White, had them from the factory while some component tractors don't)

It really all about the rear-end housing.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 07:20AM
Every thing is relative, most perspectives differ, what one considers fact is fiction to another, one's junk is another's jewel, no one will ever agree on much in motor sports unless it benefits them immediately.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 09:15AM
Saying everything is relative seems trendy but everything is not relative. All the examples I gave are of tractors that pull in non-component classes currently. Those examples (like the Oliver chassis) have been around for decades and decades and it's settled law (so to speak). In the example of component tractors you simply need to look at the facts of history and you can quickly see the variables that changed. Strictly speaking, the aftermarket rear-end is the only variable that changed for a component chassis.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 11:47AM
It’s the same old thing beating a dead horse! If it not a Deere or a corn binder your a problem! Period! I’ve lived it now for 40 years! I’ve been a puller from the Dark side!

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 12:42PM
Still haven’t been able to find any CIH made that way...any help??

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 02:44PM
Bob evans,couldnt agree more..facts are facts,your right

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 03:50PM
Life could and would not happen if every thing was not relative, one wise man explained it yrs ago, better than I can.

Re: Factory component tractors? November 26, 2021 10:30PM
The truest name or acronym for a vehicle that looks like a tractor but with all aftermarket components could be called:

-if it represents a Deere: D.I.N.O. (Deere In Name Only)

- CIH or IH: B.I.N.O. (Binder In Name Only)

...use your imagination from there...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Factory component tractors? November 27, 2021 03:59AM
when I canvas other posts and pages, most people posting all have relative perceptions on all subjects, just look at the vaccination definition, all perceptive in word usage, all confusing, is Bill gates rich, - by what standards do we judge that,is it cold ? could be, but relative to what?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,609, Posts: 229,664, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,063, Posts: 225,888.

Our newest member JD_8520