Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 07:29AM
What seems to be the going rate pullers are paying for entry fees? local brush pulling level clear up to Grand national/ Champions tour? This has always had me curious. In the garden tractor world pulling indoors we are paying $60/ $75 per hook. I'm just curious what others seem to be handing over to have a couple seconds of fun. Not looking to start any pissing matches, just general curiosity.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 07:48AM
At our county fair pull we charge everyone $20 to get into the pits. That covers the first hook if your puling. The second hook is an extra $10.00 at the registration table. So two hooks $30.00

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 08:16AM
For WTPA it's $20 for a member and non-members are $120. A membership is $100 or $125 depending when you buy it.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 10:23AM
I thought entry fee for NTPA GN was 1% of purse. The $100.00 is one day insurance. So if non NTPA member and a $6000.00 purse you would pay $60.00 entry fee and $100.00 or whatever cost is for insurance.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 11:06AM
That is correct.

Brent Yaron

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 12:42PM
Well ive been pulling garden tractors at the last nqs pull 330 hooks at 70 per hook sombody is making a lot of money ,I won the Sat finals stock altered at Liberty and won 450 Imay put on a event myself

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 01:21PM
Lewis Conner
Well ive been pulling garden tractors at the last nqs pull 330 hooks at 70 per hook sombody is making a lot of money ,I won the Sat finals stock altered at Liberty and won 450 Imay put on a event myself

Break even is a good start when putting a pull on indoors. If you make anything you lay it back for next year in case the next pull runs into the red. Several facilities have moved their rental prices up in the neighborhood of 40 percent that I've seen personally. The promotion game is not for the weak of mind nor faint of heart...otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 25, 2022 11:29AM
I helped in the office for a indoor antique pull a few years back. Let me assure you, no one is getting rich! After you pay building rent, sled fees, insurance, fuel for track support equipment, possibly pay some help that isn't volunteer, for multi day pulls pay lodging expenses for the help, there isn't much if any left. I see lots of people bitch about hook fees and how someone is getting rich. If you looked at how much is coming in vs. going out for a pull, you're in for a rude awakening.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 27, 2022 02:26AM
Brent Yaron
For WTPA it's $20 for a member and non-members are $120. A membership is $100 or $125 depending when you buy it.

So does this mean a 1-time hook fee is 120 because of insurance + hook? That seems pretty pricey. I always thought it was just 25 for a 1-time hook. Maybe I'm wrong.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 27, 2022 03:37AM
Yes, $100 for the insurance.

Brent Yaron

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 24, 2022 11:17PM
Local brush pulling around me is in the $20-$25 per class entry.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 25, 2022 03:50AM
In my area $10 for antiques-garden tractors and up to $30 for state level..One association just has you pay the gate fee and that gets you one hook.These are all outdoor pulls..Winter indoor pulls are higher.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 25, 2022 11:25AM
Antique in the summer is $15-20 depending on where you go, plus association membership. Winter indoor antique is anywhere from $30-50 depending on where you go.

Re: Pulling Entry fees January 27, 2022 03:28AM
We transitioned to a new hook fee design a few years ago. Seems to be working for our small town event with allowing 1 hook per each pulling vehicle very well.

Previously we charged 8-10 admission but pullers didn't pay admission. We charged a $20 hook fee that came with 2 pit passes($20 value)

Currently we have went to a Flat $10 admission/pit pass for everyone & We do not charge a hook fee. We do take $20 from our admission per machine in each classes to add to that class purse.

Ultimately we have reduced the confusion of who needs to pay admission (vs whom is pulling) and reduced the handling of payment & making change at our sign up process which saves time as well. Not perfect for everyone but works very well for us!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,600, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,854.

Our newest member BadHabit2