tractor class January 25, 2022 02:14PM
Looking for cheap tractor class to get in Tennessee may try to play in Alabama or Kentucky area

Re: tractor class January 25, 2022 02:31PM
None of this is cheap, some are less expensive than others.

If you want least expensive and a place to learn to pull, find antique clubs that are near you and see what's running in their uncut and top cut tire classes. Where you're at across those states, those classes can be referred to as Farm Stock 1 or 2 among other names. No better training ground for track reading, balancing a tractor, tire pressure adjustments, etc. than an antique...momentum is not in your favor so you have to maximize those parts of the equation. Whatever brand you like there's a model in that brand that can stand out in competition no matter among the uncut and top cut classes.

Observe, learn, figure out your budget, find a tractor and most of all...have fun.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: tractor class January 25, 2022 03:47PM
I am not big fan of antique. Rather stay with stock farm tractor class. I was thinking that be the cheapest. Prefer a John Deere. Not really sure what size need to be looking for

Re: tractor class January 25, 2022 06:09PM
jjjp
I am not big fan of antique. Rather stay with stock farm tractor class. I was thinking that be the cheapest. Prefer a John Deere. Not really sure what size need to be looking for
Farm stock has been pretty active in Middle Tennessee, the Tennessee Pullers Association has a 12500 Farm Stock class paced at 6mph...several hook opportunities. They have a group page on FB.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: tractor class January 26, 2022 12:28AM
Bryan Lively

Farm stock has been pretty active in Middle Tennessee, the Tennessee Pullers Association has a 12500 Farm Stock class paced at 6mph...several hook opportunities. They have a group page on FB.

Thanks Brian, for the info on that club.
Hmmmm, don't actually see specific rules regarding the 12,500 farm stock class, as far as what you can do to the tractor, but they do have a contact #.

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 11:22AM
Where is a place buy something reasonable? I guess I am looking for a JD 4030 thur 4455 quad. Can you get a 46xx or 48xx under weight?

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 12:05PM
I suggest that you get the lightest tractor you can find with a 466 in it. Tractordata.com is great resource for specifications for almost every Tractor made. Engines, tires, weight ground speeds in all the gears. Check it out and one more thing, do your research because "Farm Stock" has many different meanings to many different folks! Just saying, "Farm Stock" in and around Ohio could mean burning rubber in road gear at 20 plus mph. Just saying. Best of luck in your venture with "Farm Stock " Tractor pulling.

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 12:30PM
jjjp
Where is a place buy something reasonable? I guess I am looking for a JD 4030 thur 4455 quad. Can you get a 46xx or 48xx under weight?

A 4030 comes stock with a 329ci engine. You are going to want to find a 466 if possible. The 30 series Deere’s are 404 engines, unless somebody has done an engine swap. You need to get into the 40 series and above to have a 466 from the factory.

First thing to do would be decide what club or area you are going to run in. If it’s a club they will have a set of rules. Then either purchase or build a tractor to run within the rule set you are looking at. Attend some of their pulls, talk to pullers in the class, and at least watch some videos if you can find some to show you what your competition is. Good luck!

Like stated above……none of it is cheap! But I will say, it’s a whole lot of fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2022 12:31PM by Stretch.

looking for farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 01:21PM
12,500 lb Farmstock Tractor
12,500 lb max weight with 1% tolerance.
Cast rear wheels, no dish wheels.
Front hanging weights must be in stock location, side and rear weights allowed.
Must pull from factory drawbar location, draw bar can be shortened.
Tractor must have rock shaft and PTO
All components must be AG components and brand correct.
20.8 max tire size.
6mph speed limit

It maybe cheaper to go hot farm

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 01:30PM
.....where would one by something "reasonable " ?

Maybe a scrap or salvage yard......lol.....(that's a joke.....I think)

Tractors from the 70's and 80's bring a mint now a days, if their in any kind of decent shape at all because the new stuff is priced out of reach for the average farm now.

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 26, 2022 04:28PM
If you want cheap or reasonable, buy a 1066. Nobody really wants them outside of pullers. Plenty of aftermarket parts put there, that are easy to find. Will be 1/3 the price of a green one.

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 01:13AM
Jus wat I really wanna watch. Another 66. Hardly!!!!!!!!!

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 01:25AM
Don’t get caught up in the Red Green hype because the orange and blue ones will do just fine also

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 01:35AM
green
Jus wat I really wanna watch. Another 66. Hardly!!!!!!!!!
Haha, I'm giving the red guys a hard time, but they seriously are way easier/cheaper to build than any other color. It's like a 350 Chevy. Of course you can build something to beat I, UT bang for your buck, that's your best option.

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 04:51AM
ya, another 66.....smh

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 05:12AM
I'm surprised NewGen 4010 hasn't suggested -get ready a 4010. We have a few good running 4010's that run in non -turbo classes here in Pa.. I ran a 4320 for years and it was fairly cheap to get power out of it. It just depends on what kind of pulling is in your area. We run a Hot Farm now and to be a real contender it won't be cheap but that just depends on your wallet. What tractor did you have in mind ?

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 05:09AM
A 4255 or 4455 might be a decent one to look for, although they seem to be harder and harder to find.
They had the 7.6 which gives a little more flexibility down the road. 55 series heads usually can flow good too.
That had the quad range too

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 07:06AM
kevehr4020
A 4255 or 4455 might be a decent one to look for, although they seem to be harder and harder to find.
They had the 7.6 which gives a little more flexibility down the road. 55 series heads usually can flow good too.
That had the quad range too

Definitely a good option if the OP is dead set on Deere. I'm a Deere guy myself but I enjoy watching all kinds of tractors on the track. One of the main issues with the 40, 50, or 55 series Deere's is the price (as stated above). Their value has continued to rise over the past few years for a tractor in decent shape. Trying to keep in mind the OP goal of pulling on the cheap, buying a Deere is going to be tough. Obviously this depends on his definition of cheap.

jjjp: What is the overall budget for your tractor? What do you consider cheap?

Re: tractor class buy one farm stock or hot farm January 27, 2022 07:59AM
Nothing cheap about any part of Life anymore, let alone sports and non essentials, even antiques are bringing 10-40 K,used tires and rims have doubled, shipping and machine work if you can even get it done is thru the roof. Just going to the pull with the unit to participate is several hundred if any distance at all.

Re: tractor class January 30, 2022 03:15AM
Can I ask what do you have for a hauler and how far will you travel . That is always the first thing I tell people that wish to join the sport. Then I suggest they go watch a lot of pulls in person and do your investigation of classes . Look at their haulers and such get all the ideas you can

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2