Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 04:43AM
What is your limit for the price of a gallon of diesel fuel when you would park your vehicle for the summer?

Last weekend, driving the interstate in Indiana and KY, most truck stops advertised between $4.90 - $5.13/gallon.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 04:47AM
There has been a few post about his the last month or so. Seems like a lot of guys are saying $5.00 a gallon is the line. I have 24 pulls on my calendar and I'm looking at eliminating half of them that I don't have to be at with $5 a gallon fuel

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 07:25PM
Take a look across the pond. Some countries started this week with absurd diesel prices (higher than gas) of more than 2€/litre , that is right now (0.92€/1$ and 3.785L/1gal.) something around 8.23$/gal. How you will handle this from pullers and spectators pov? In the last few months several teams announced to end pulling (after years and decades) , related to different personal/family reasons, instable perspective (e.g. euro pulling has shrinked to half its size the last 2.5years) , as well as exploding costs and now even more of all of this because of war and all of it's consequences.
As long as diesel is somehow between 5-6$/gal , just do your thing, go pulling as long as you can. For all other regions and countries in the world where pulling has almost complete stopped, you guys out there are the main attraction for these people. They are glad to at least can watch some of your actions via social media.
BR
Carlsson

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 04:00AM
Diesel 5.63 today,I'm out

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 05:16AM
Is everyone even absolutely sure there is even a real russian invasion? I have heard they have had tension for a decade! They have been fighting each other for a long time, nothing new here except different targeted areas.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 11:42AM
Injpumped- Gas and Diesel prices aint really going up either then !!! GEEZ !!!!

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 15, 2022 08:12PM
My friend from Liviv who visited me three weeks ago sure shut down his plant selling company and is welding tank barriers for two weeks now...
There are ten thousands of refugees in Berlin right now. Mostly mothers with children.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 15, 2022 08:17PM
I don't think Pulling has shrunk by that much here. Yes - some have quitt, but not because of the fuel prices.
There has been A LOT of activity in the workshops and a lot of new tractors have been built.
The 8$ fuel will hurt, but mostly hurt those events which are long ways to go to as they are out of the hot spots.
I still break even on the transportation costs if I stay below 300 mls. So - in the grand scheme of things and costs, fuel is just a part of it and it will stop me from making two or three long trips this year, but not stop my season.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 04:48AM
Mine is when its cheaper to fill up the semi with VP racing diesel that road diesel

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 07:25AM
Well I farm so I have to pay what ever it is but I sure don't like it. I filled all our storage tanks last fall. It won't effect the little bit of pulling we do. I need the pulling fun to forget all the rest of the craziness.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 02:42PM
jd43
Well I farm so I have to pay what ever it is but I sure don't like it. I filled all our storage tanks last fall. It won't effect the little bit of pulling we do. I need the pulling fun to forget all the rest of the craziness.

Yes I know what you are saying as I am a farmer also. I filled my road fuel tank about 2 weeks ago before fuel skyrocketed. Before the end of the 2021 we bought a new to us hauler that holds 135 gallons of diesel. I refuse to buy fuel on the road and if I HAVE to it won't be very much as we are nothing but state pullers and should be able to get to and from the pulls that we attend from home on a tank.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 08, 2022 03:57PM
The little bit of fuel we use to run around pulling isn’t a drop in the bucket compared to the farm fuel bill. Not going to let a few gallon of high priced fuel ruin tractor pulling. Life is to short to let a few dollars take away what you enjoy.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 02:23AM
I am not an alarmist, -- Am a realist, - this just might be the beginning of a not so nice future, many things already show this pattern is long term and in place.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 03:35AM
I would agree, this is all part of a plan to push electric vehicles, could the price be lower today? Absolutely! Is the war in Ukraine changing the prices? Absolutely! Is the war also a convenient excuse to retain high prices and make the push for EVs? Absolutely! Things could be better as far as prices are concerned but it doesn’t fit the agenda.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 03:48AM
Go all EV today, wall sockets provide clean free green power, and the public system for recharge is already there, drive half the distance in winter and be stranded at ten below, do it now, this is the future-NOW !!!!!!!!!

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 03:50AM
Oh ,I forgot, the batteries come from our overseas friends, and lithium and other fun chemicals are free and friendly too.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 04:50AM
Paull
Oh ,I forgot, the batteries come from our overseas friends, and lithium and other fun chemicals are free and friendly too.

Paull, you're last 2 posts are sarcastically CORRECT!!!!!!

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 05:34AM
Energy prices effect the working class. Which is pretty much 99.9% of those reading this - both pullers and fans alike. With inflation increasing the price of everything already, and now fuel prices (which have a hand in EVERYTHING), it does give all of us a bleak prediction for the near and far future. This is not about climate - this is about class. The affected individuals are those who cannot make vehicle choices like the Elite can……even Elon Musk, Tesla CEO and entrepreneur, said we to increase domestic energy production. Pullers snd fans are going to feel the pain at every turn, but for this thread, let’s talk pulling event “X”.

Fans - fuel to the event, parking, tickets, food/drink, souvenirs, pit passes, lodging, fuel home - each listed, fans will figure what they can and can’t afford - How far is it, how many go, do we eat or drink, “souvenirs are unnecessary”, skip the pits, go one day instead of the weekend.

Pullers - fuel to the event, entry fees, fuel & consumables for the “beast”, food/drink, # of team members to bring, lodging (even if onsite), fuel home. - Again, how far do we go, and this brings up expenses/payout again in discussion, do we upgrade order spare parts or use that money for other, do we run local or only state or only National.

With uncertainty on the horizon, and I mean pulling season time, fans and pullers (blue collar/working Americans) alike are trying to decide how can they juggle and still make it work. And the ruling class could not care one bit.

God bless all who find a way to make it happen, however you can.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 05:56AM
Lets not leave out the promoters/fair boards/sled owners.

Track prep to hanging posters, will all cost more.

Will sled costs increase?

Who do you pass this on to?

Spectators, by raising the gate fee?

Pullers, by cutting classes or payback or both?

Putting the squeeze on your sponsors?

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 06:16AM
HISTORY REPEATS IT'S ITSELF, - remember how Man of the year winner choose to follow up a yr. later after having given the people what they wanted, breaking the public bond is happening here folks, it is too late, too many sheep. We are being divided and conquered a little at a time, look at small businesses closed, people not taking high paying jobs, lazy and civil unrest, Medicines advertised on tv, we don't need that shoved down our throats, oh wait, many adults already addicted to opiates and pharmaceuticals, -no consequences for actions until much later, stupid people wake up. THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUCNHES.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 09:47AM
Something to ponder. All things being equal, this is the inflation adjusted, local-to-me, regular gas price that would be an all time high vs. the previous high in 2008. I offer this not to argue one way or another but as a point of discussion. I'm not happy with high fuel prices and without creeping onto the discussions of the other page there are means to generate more output, we're 10% behind the high volume point of domestic oil in 2019...this could be fixed but an agenda is attached to a crisis, again.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 11:20AM
WE ARE ONLY TEN SECONDS INTO ROUND ONE OF TWELVE ON THIS GO ROUND !@

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 01:04PM
Bryan Lively
this could be fixed but an agenda is attached to a crisis, again.

That is a VERY good statement right there that I agree with. I won't forget what happened to fuel prices here in Illinois the day hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast in 2005.

All part of the Democrats plan - see video link March 09, 2022 12:35PM
The Original Michael
What is your limit for the price of a gallon of diesel fuel when you would park your vehicle for the summer?

Last weekend, driving the interstate in Indiana and KY, most truck stops advertised between $4.90 - $5.13/gallon.

All part of the Democrats plan

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 09, 2022 11:33PM
I think it will depend on your income and budget. Let's say you have a 250k tractor and a 100k hauler. On a 200 mile round trip at 5 mph,@ 3 dollar diesel it would cost you 120$ at 5$ diesel it will cost you 200. So 80$ wouldn't be a deal breaker. Not at all bashing anyone here. Now let's say you hit a couple of local fairs and maybe only a trip or 2 to some pulls a little outside of your area. I can see those trips being eliminated. This will be the case with myself and others I have talked with. I also think attendance will be down to some of the sanctioned hooks at fairs this summer. Are you going to make a two hour trip to watch a pull at 5$ a gallon gas or 6$ diesel. Time will tell.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 10, 2022 01:14AM
It's way more than fuel, all goods and services are going up fast, food -VERY MUCH, wait for the summer and more drought.

Re: Farmers & fertilizer March 10, 2022 01:40AM
One thing I've read (though not in the legacy media) is with Russia supplying so much of the world's fertilizer, farmers around the world will be in for a tough time, aside from fuel prices.

Re: Farmers & fertilizer March 10, 2022 02:02AM
At 16 beans and 6.5 corn don't worry about that, worry about the weather here so crops can be grown, drought is going to be a huge concern, out west water is gone in many places, 50 million people and many crops depend on Colorado river system for supply, it ain't there.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 10, 2022 12:40PM
Lmao, you poor Americans. Canada has had 4-5$ diesel prices for years. You’ll be ok

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 10, 2022 12:56PM
Canadian
Lmao, you poor Americans. Canada has had 4-5$ diesel prices for years. You’ll be ok

yes, but the Canadians have the socialized medical system etc. and some other government cheese programs

We choose to have lower fuel prices and try to control our destiny and not rely on the government for welfare programs.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 10, 2022 11:51PM
You do know the (government cheese program), was a direct result of the government, propping up the dairy price supports.

Not sure who is the pot, and who is the kettle.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 11, 2022 02:07AM
Sleepy Joe is the pot !!! ( AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO PI$$ IN THE POT ) Some stand over the pot and some sit on it, whitchever pain hits you !!!!

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 11, 2022 02:29AM
The government cheese program, was signed into law by Ronald Regan.

The same president that broke up the USSR, that oddly enough is at war as we speak.

Least we forget, our northern boarder is protected by the D.E.W. line, that is on Canadian soil.

One big circle.

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 12, 2022 02:47AM
This has been productive… (:

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 12, 2022 04:08AM
lutefisk and lefsa
You do know the (government cheese program), was a direct result of the government, propping up the dairy price supports.

Not sure who is the pot, and who is the kettle.

Its a metaphor dudes!!!!

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 11, 2022 07:35AM
kevinh

yes, but the Canadians have the socialized medical system etc. and some other government cheese programs

We choose to have lower fuel prices and try to control our destiny and not rely on the government for welfare programs.

So, since when has Canada offered aide to other countries, like the USA does? Maybe they do, but I cannot remember ever hearing about it.

Google is your friend March 11, 2022 09:57AM
[cidpnsi.ca]

Re: Google is your friend March 12, 2022 12:30AM
I'd like to think that us pullers can get along no matter where we live or what we stand for. Russian propagandists and defeatists are out to divide us. We need to stick together.

Tesla Truck March 15, 2022 11:32AM
[www.youtube.com]

Tesler Siber Truck

Re: Pullers, what is your limit (diesel fuel prices)? March 15, 2022 11:52AM
Rivian truck has 11k towing capacity

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,599, Posts: 229,646, Members: 3,323.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,877.

Our newest member JD_8520