Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 03, 2022 02:16AM
Yesterday I went to visit my old team, the Allison wonderland that is the Green Monster Team in Germany, picked Dirk and we made a 45 min shop tour video, especially for you guys - IN ENGLISH (at least we tried our best).
Check it out!

[wwptvus.streamify.io]

Expect more of that and live streams from European events soon!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2022 05:58AM by Sascha.

Thanks Sasha April 03, 2022 03:48AM
It’s so awesome what those guys are doing. Can’t put a price on cool.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 04, 2022 09:12AM
I just hope, you guys could understand us!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 04, 2022 01:22PM
Totally could. Loved it!

CP

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 04, 2022 02:17PM
Great program !!!,my son and I understood it ,is there any other team in pulling with that much dedication ??.just amazing technology,thanks sascha !!!

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 04, 2022 11:37PM
Thanks. Very interesting. What a shop too.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 05, 2022 02:40AM
I think it's amazing how you are improving on the Allison's original technology. How long do you think it's cylinder head and original crankcase design will still be viable? Any H.P. per C.I. or RPM limitation's with the original design's? But then again, seeing your design and CNC capabilities they could be improved as well.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 05, 2022 09:15PM
For now, we are still working on the biggest "bottleneck" the Allison engine has, which is the supercharger. They just didn't have the computer simulation available back then and they never planned to make that engine rev much higher than 3200 - and that's exactly the range where the original supercharger works best. Anything above that and its efficiency goes through the floor, causing all kinds of issues.

There is still a lot of improvement possible in that department.

The heads and blocks don't seem to be a limiting factor at the moment. Given that the EFI makes everything much more controlled and has prevented SO MUCH damage... Back in the day killing one or two engines a season was the standard. Since the EFI is controlled, cylinder pressures per engine degree have been captured etc. they know what they are doing, and the situations, that usually cause damage can be prevented.
Also:
It's like with most things done in that time period. Some areas WAY overengineered - and others they just didn't know or didn't have the possibilities to do better.

The biggest issue is time. There is nobody hired there and while they are all VERY dedicated, they can only spend so many hours after work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2022 09:21PM by Sascha.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 09, 2022 12:36AM
This is exactly the type of video that pulling needs more of.

I did get a kick out of the subtitles... I understood you guys fine most of the time but it made me laugh when the subtitles got the interpretation wrong.

I'd love to see more videos like this from teams as well as builders. Nice work.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 09, 2022 01:14AM
That is a great video and thank you guys for doing that! A small fortune in pullers and parts!
Do they get major sponsorship to support effort?

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 09, 2022 11:28AM
They are backed up by Claas - but it is mostly dedication and skills. They can draw on CAD and then when the sponsors have machine time or the apprentices need practice parts, it gets done.

Re: Claas Green Monster Allison Team - behind the scenes video in English! April 10, 2022 02:43AM
Our plan is to do much more like this on the platform.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing