Hauler June 15, 2022 08:06AM
With the difference in price has anyone used a regular dry van for a hauler over a drop deck if so how did you get it low enough

Re: Hauler June 15, 2022 01:59PM
It's going to take some looooooooooooooooong ramps to get that high.

Re: Hauler June 15, 2022 02:51PM
They will write you a prescription to get high enough, I hear.

Re: Hauler June 15, 2022 02:52PM
HP
They will write you a prescription to get high enough, I hear.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Re: Hauler June 15, 2022 03:36PM
It has been done before. You need pretty long ramps to do it. The interior height is what sucks. Generally a 12” difference 110” vs 122”. Then the fact there are no side access doors unless you add some.

Re: Hauler June 15, 2022 11:06PM
I did it on a straight truck for yrs, was lucky to find some 12.5 foot long, wide heavy ramps a guy left at a truck repair shop, very nicely made for cheap, cut them in half and made a stand in the middle, mounted them on the bed and made it easy attach, high but workable.

Re: Hauler June 18, 2022 04:57PM
I noticed this weekend that the Ratical FWD truck hauler appeared to be a standard non-drop deck semi trailer. However it looked like they had low profile 22.5 tires on it, and they added a section at the rear that incorporated a sloped floor, so part of the long ramps required are essentially built into the trailer. They also have a man door (RV door) on the side, which they just use a stepladder to access.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2