PPL rule question June 30, 2022 03:58AM
Does PPL not require the neck collar like NTPA and Outlaw? Noticed in the pics from Mound City MO that about half the competitors didn't have one on, that seems odd after everyone having them for so many years now. Just wondering?

Re: PPL rule question June 30, 2022 08:34AM
If you value your neck you would wear it. The help prevent severe whiplash in the event of a violent ride. I saw a guy get totally knocked out from a rough ride while pulling and riding inside of a cage. That rule is in the NTPA rule book for a good reason!

Re: PPL rule question June 30, 2022 11:04AM
I still have some neck problems from a bad ride 6 years ago, even with the straps tight and a collar. The biggest lesson I got from that ride was to bail out of it when it gets squirrelly, it doesn't get better trying to drive out of it.

Re: PPL rule question June 30, 2022 01:00PM
Dirtfarmer, just imagine that ride without your proper safety equipment! Could have been real ugly real quick.

Re: PPL rule question June 30, 2022 03:17PM
Yep, drives me nuts to see guys not tighten their belts or chin strap on their helmet.
If I need it, I want it to work.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing