What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 01:38AM
The two powerhouses in pulling are unquestionably NTPA and PPL (Almost like the National League and American League in baseball. Outlaw has been working really hard lately to put a progressive product out there, and I applaud what they are doing, but they can probably be more compared to AAA baseball. NTPA and PPL rarely feel threatening pressure from them.

If I was Lord and King Emperor of WPI/ NTPA after hearing the announcement from the PPL banquets, I would be feeling that now is the GOLDEN time to expand aggressively. That being said, I would be on the phone with whoever Mr. Outlaw is, and I would be proposing this deal:

NTPA/ Outlaw merger.

NTPA would absorb the Outlaw organization. Keep the name NTPA for Grand National competition. Call all regional divisions "Outlaw." Put Wisner, Rock Valley, and maybe Whiteright on the GN schedule. This would solidify these pulls as premier pulls, and bring more legitimacy to them. Take the bulk of the Outlaw schedule and make it Region (Outlaw) VII and VIII. Award points there. Give them bids to Enderle.

Take the "Light Modified" (formerly light unlimited) NTPA class and blend it with the Outlaw mods class. 7,000 lb weight limit. Allow bigger blowers, but keep Outlaws' 2 engine/ 3 engine concept.

Outlaw pro stocks would have to make a choice: Run bigger turbos at the GN class (or compete at a disadvantage with 5"). Or, compete in the regional outlaw classes where there would now be a turbo size limit that mirrors Outlaws current specs. (Did I hear region II NTPA is doing this already?)

All other classes line up beautifully. NTPA could get rid of cube limit on 4wd trucks.

Sort the Mitas thing out. Tweak the rule, or get on the phone with Mr. Mitas and see why the 30.5's are making the cut (no pun intended) and the 24.5's aren't.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 01:56AM
I actually had this thought run through my head last night too after hearing about PPL but this all hinges on what happens there and maybe a major sponsor will step up and purchase PPL or sponsor them and nothing will change and it won't matter. But in all honestly.... we don't need three major organizations for pulling, there should only really be one national group with all the state organizations etc. staying around to do a more local or a smaller level of pulling. That being said if PPL is struggling or going through a tough times NTPA and Outlaw should definitely be talking, my thoughts weren't to merge into one per say but to work together maybe outlaw do stuff west of Mississippi and NTPA do the stuff east of it, I don't know just a thought or work together to split up the shows how they want and work as a team to cover the major pulls across the US. Either way you look at it, it would be a good time to capitalize.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 02:23AM
The NTPA is in no shape to be buying anything. I think we will see 1 or 2 of the pullers step in and buy PPL. It's not really that much money.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 03:17AM
Folks to the main people in PPL this wasn't a surprise. They've known, other things have been in the works. It'll be out soon.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 02:25AM
I’m thinking Simon’s

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 02:45AM
bbailey,

The last thing I almost put on my original post was that they need to get on the phone with everyone in Farley, IA and make peace there, and get them 100% on board.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 02:52AM
Vaugn Bauer

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 03:35AM
Johnie
Vaugn Bauer
He just started on the wpi board.?! Think more $ and head towards the east coast.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 03:47AM
Jerkmychain

Vaugn Bauer
He just started on the wpi board.?! Think more $ and head towards the east coast.

Not sure if this is who you're hinting at, but I can think of someont at the Summit of the motorsports mountain who would bring instant street cred.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 05:16AM
We will see what comes if it. Soon I believe.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 03:47AM
If you’re talking farther east I’d say Conny? He already was sponsoring,but also sponsored NTPA,

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 04:04AM
Earl Wells and Chad Mackie

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 05:02AM
Johnie
Earl Wells and Chad Mackie

Now that's funny......

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 04:06AM
Wouldn't it make more sense Outlaws and ppl? Outlaws appeared to be in growth mode and ppl wants out. Ntpa already thinks they are king. Outlaw/ppl would be bigger than ntpa.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 06:26AM
If Vaughn Bauer is really one of the leads to buy it wouldn’t there be conflict of interest with him being on wpi board and his wife on outlaw board?

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 07:20AM
Mod fwd puller
If Vaughn Bauer is really one of the leads to buy it wouldn’t there be conflict of interest with him being on wpi board and his wife on outlaw board?

Wrong Lori Bauer there bud..... There's two of them.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 07:20AM
Mod fwd puller your information is incorrect, Vaughn's wife isn't on the outlaw board, Lori Bauer of the Outlaws is married to Kevin Bauer.

Re: What if NTPA and Outlaw merged November 21, 2022 07:57AM
Ah my mistake then but still with Vaughn being on wpi board wouldn’t that be a conflict of interest with pursuing the purchase of a new pulling organization

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,599, Posts: 229,645, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,876.

Our newest member JD_8520