Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 07:08AM
I keep watching videos of this truck run and it appears to be a SSDFWD with a diesel super stock tractor motor in it. I think?
I can't help but to wonder why this truck couldn't run with NTPA or even PPL?
does anyone have some insight on this this truck or even setup? it seems gnarly for sure.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 09:33AM
#1, it's over the cubic inch limit of 460

#2, a DT 466, 468, whatever, was not a factory option in a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 01:37PM
Logan Thomas
#1, it's over the cubic inch limit of 460

#2, a DT 466, 468, whatever, was not a factory option in a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.

1. Do you know its over 460 ci for a fact? Or are you guessing or thinking or whatever, that it is over?
2. I suppose billet blocks in some of the other goats came out in a 1 ton or smaller pick up? I would bet not!

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 04:10PM
I’m guessing it is no more as I see the rolling chassis listed for sale in various places.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 04:23PM
Correction, it is only the body for sale so who knows ?

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 05:14PM
To "Just wondering"....

#1, no I do not know for a fact it has not been decubed, but I know a guy who knows a guy who knows the bore & stroke of it because he sold him the parts....

#2, you're probably the same kind of person who gets his panties in a bunch over the "cross dresser" supers & pros I would bet..... so don't come at me with the billet block thing bro.

#3, Do the letters, F.O. mean anything to you?

LOL, CHILL OUT BUD!!!

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 10:22PM
WOW.... lol just asked a simple question and this is instantly a replay of my family's thanksgiving all over again...
the only reason I asked is it seems as if the truck is quite impressive, I would love to see its potential with a barker chassis.

Logan Thomas- do you see this truck run frequently? Where could I see it go down the track in person at?

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 29, 2022 11:07PM
The truck runs the Full Pull Productions “Run What Ya Bring” 4wd class and brush pulls that offer RWYB. Mostly Ohio and PA

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 03:20PM
I was being sarcastic.... obviously I'm not as good at it as I thought, but let me explain something here. I run a sled owned by Richard Love, what else does Richard Love own? Full Pull Productions..... I have seen the truck run. The parts statement was complete sarcasm & I figured most people would catch that with the "know a guy who knows a guy part". I forgot, some of you idiots can't put two & two together......

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 12:10AM
@Logan Thomas, who sold him the parts? I heard it’s a running sob. Wonder how he’s keeping that “big cube” motor together over 6000 rpms every time down the track.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 01:18AM
As far as I recall, they themselves told me it was a 466 and the roller chassis is not for sale, just the 2nd gen body is. To clear up rules questions, billet blocks have been allowed in the SS truck class a long time and they are permitted in 3.6 as well capped at 460ci (this limit applies at least to ODSS for diesel drag racing as well which is why the Hypermax dragster is not seen at one of their races). The Canadian Outlaw or whatever they call it allows the billet as well.

EDIT I have been straightened out by the source on the CI. Where they run, they have to be 460ci max, too and they meet that rule. Sorry to mislead anyone and I apologize to the Headley crew if I caused them undo grief. Nice guys and the truck is impressive to see run.

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2022 07:21AM by cpr.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 01:10PM
Looks like Mr. Thomas has been served a fresh plate of crow. Enjoy Mr. Thomas! A good lesson in 4th party information Mr. Thomas. Also maybe Mr. Thomas did you put point number 3. In your post for yourself??? Enjoy that plate of crow!! With your line number 3. Looks like you are the one who needs to "CHILL OUT BUD" Lol

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 01:45PM
Mr Thomas needs to eat no crow.
For NTPA (the rules he was addressing), the engine was never offered in a 1 ton or smaller truck.
Not a legal entry to compete in NTPA.
PERIOD.
For where the truck is running, it sounds like it is legal.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" November 30, 2022 10:29PM
I guess, my main question would be: How would this truck stack up in a field with all the heavy hitters in a SSDFWD class if it was able to compete under NTPA rules?
it certainly seems as if it's not lacking any power whatsoever? Who built the powerplant for it?

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 01, 2022 10:51AM
The truck runs with Full Pull Productions and USA East in our Run What YA Brung Class. Our class consists of Super Stock Diesel Trucks, Blown Modified Trucks, Nitrous Trucks, and Naturally aspirated 4x4 trucks. On any given day any of the combinations can win. Our Champion in 2021 was a Nitrous while our champion this year was single charger grease burner. The Headley's have a very good truck that can also win on the circuit and has from time to time. Part of the trucks difficulties was with its weight, thus getting rid of the steel body for 2023 and going to fiberglass is going to be a big help to the truck. If you are interested in where we run please check out our website at www.fullpullproductions.com

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 01, 2022 12:47PM
Power parts engineering!!!!

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 02, 2022 05:07PM
Best wishes to Binder Edition team in 2023 Hopefully will maybe get to see what everyone is talking about.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 03, 2022 10:41AM
Good luck to the Headley family. They have a bad ass ride for sure, hopefully they can get to some other organizations to pull!

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 03, 2022 12:41PM
Perhaps if they were to build a vehicle that meets the rules of other organizations, they could pull at more places.
If you build a 7th grader truck, you can only play with the 7th graders.
Their toy, they can build it the way they like.
Just don't expect rules to change to accommodate one truck.

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 04, 2022 03:08AM
Rule book reader
Perhaps if they were to build a vehicle that meets the rules of other organizations, they could pull at more places.
This truck is hardly a 7th grader truck! They obviously built it to run in their specific area where a class is available for it to run!

Re: Headley's "Binder Edition" December 04, 2022 03:33AM
MG1206

This truck is hardly a 7th grader truck! They obviously built it to run in their specific area where a class is available for it to run!

Rule book reader might want to be careful about what he wishes for!! Mr Headley might just grant him his wishes!! He might just graduate to the 8th grade and stomp the tar out if the senior class!! Lol!! From what I am reading Mr. Headley doesn't build to be a class filler, I would guess if he did decide to build another truck it would no doubt be a strong competitor. But what do I know? The Headley team only builds 7th grade rides! Lol

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2