PPL continuing December 07, 2022 04:08AM
Got an email PPL is continuing, great news! We need to support them.

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 04:20AM
Just got the email also! Great news! Cant wait to hear who took Lucas’s place!

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 04:35AM
Why not post the letter for all to see?

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 04:55AM
We would like to thank everyone for the continued support the last few weeks and years.

Yes, the past few days have been a little unsettling, but after weeks of speculation, the Pro Pulling League is proud to announce the continuation of exciting pulling events under new ownership and partners for 2023 and beyond. We will have a transition period for the upcoming days, maybe weeks to transfer ownership. We can't thank the Lucas Family enough for their consideration.

We have asked for patience as pulling is a top priority for everyone involved.

We take great pride in the relationships we have built with promoters, competitors and fans over the years. The promoters and pullers that have been a part of Pro Pulling League for the past 17 years are considered family. We will offer them the same level of professionalism and high-quality shows that they have been accustomed to in previous years.

--

Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League
Kristi Asher | Series Director
Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League | ProPulling.com
PO Box 287 | Brownstown, IN 47220
812-216-4024 | kristi@lucasoil.com

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 06:09AM
There’s a picture of a guy floating around on Facebook that supposedly bought it but I have no idea who it is

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 06:44AM
While this is great news for pullers and fans there are still alot of loose ends to tie up. What will the organization look like, will they still have state level clubs, will the CT as have many of their previous events? Will they only run 2 day events, a possible shakeup of classes offered? It will be interesting to say the least.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 08:01AM
Great news for fans is an overstatement Dick. National pulling has been diluted for far too long. A national points title means very little when you have a handful of tractors run the entire circuit. Outlaws in the West and NTPA in the East is plenty of opportunity to pull on a "national" circuit. IF PPL goes away, no loss for me!

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 08:21AM
Excellent point. Much to early to tell what will happen to state level. Many questions to be answered

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 09:23AM
For myself, I (and I would think everyone else) fully expected Kristi and Jonathan to keep it going in some form and fashion. The question surrounds what Dick stated above about state level stuff, classes, money, etc, etc. One thing for sure it will be hard to find another sponsor with as deep a pockets that lucas had and was willing to spend. I mean, let's be honest here, everyone knew Forrest Lucas was doing this to sell oil. And as long as he saw a return on his investment, he kept pouring money into the organization. So without that level of money coming in, the future could look quite different as far as how the organization will be structured. Time will tell. I wish them luck.

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 05:21AM
Losing 6 of their Mods in the last 2 years isn't going to help them. Also maybe the best business model isn't just having a business man that needs a tax write-off owning your organization. Kind of a hard business to sell someone I would think. Not that long ago on here they were the best thing since sliced bread. Forward thinking, cutting edge, blah blah blah. Now nothing but mush from all you folks boasting about them all the time. Maybe all prognostications of them supplanting NTPA were a little premature?!

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 05:50AM
Fan 2
Losing 6 of their Mods in the last 2 years isn't going to help them. Also maybe the best business model isn't just having a business man that needs a tax write-off owning your organization. Kind of a hard business to sell someone I would think. Not that long ago on here they were the best thing since sliced bread. Forward thinking, cutting edge, blah blah blah. Now nothing but mush from all you folks boasting about them all the time. Maybe all prognostications of them supplanting NTPA were a little premature?!

Wait, I thought this organization was taking pulling to "the next level."

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 09:33AM
You don't think PPL made pulling and ntpa better?

The company is being ran by new people. Maybe they don't want to support motorsports as much as Forest did.

Mod class is a hard class fr people to get into. Most mod pullers have been doing it for years.

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 08:43AM
While I can't comment about other state members, I know the Badger State Tractor Pullers is staying on board.

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 11:43AM
Well going green vehicles dont need much oil Lucas oil along with all oil companies will be hit hard as will the rest of us with our useless grease burners

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 12:04PM
I would also give that true statement a thumbs down you could call it a prophecy that is on its way to become a fact the 1500 acre battery factory ford is building is not being built for nothing that electric motor may require a couple ounces of lucas products

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2022 12:06PM by Lewis Conner.

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 11:25PM
Stay on topic

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: PPL continuing December 07, 2022 11:54PM
Ryan so you must know more info. Rumor I heard was just champions tour. Will they still provide insurance for state associations? So much speculation. So little knowledge it seems.

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 12:35AM
Its not really a surprise. If anyone watched the Badger State show Monday evening Greg touched on it a bit without giving any details away. Love or hate Jason for what he does he usually has info before anyone else and shares what he can. John was at the Badger State banquet.

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 01:09AM
My takeaway from Gregs comments, was about the insurance and passing on cost increases (if any}, to the promoter/Fair Boards.

Re: PPL continuing December 08, 2022 12:28PM
IHfan-- you said it best "Rumor". Having been in attendance at our rules meeting and banquet last weekend, our President Greg Elsing announced BSTP is staying with PPL, and I would suspect all current member states will stay on board, but that is just speculation. John also said that insurance is just about finalized and will be basically the same coverage. You can continue to live in your rumor mill and I will carry on with reality.

Re: PPL continuing December 09, 2022 12:33AM
Greg also said on the show that John asked what classes they wanted from him for Mackville this year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,574, Posts: 229,602, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,856.

Our newest member BadHabit2