NFMS Sound January 18, 2023 03:41PM
Does anyone know if they did anything to fix the sound in Freedom Hall? As usual I spent a bunch of cash on tickets and it would be great if we could hear the announcers. The last 2 years have been terrible, no excuse to have that at what is supposed to be an elite event.

Re: NFMS Sound January 18, 2023 07:48PM
They messaged me back that they were working on a permanent fix, but we’re using something temporary that would be a lot better, So I guess we’ll have to wait and see, I’m gonna wait and see what people say after the first couple nights, before I head that way

Re: NFMS Sound January 19, 2023 02:45AM
Tips for indoor announcers:

TALK SLOWER

DON'T Yell into microphone.

With an arena full of people the "echo" effect should be less as the sound is not reflected, it's absorbed.

If Freedom Hall is only used for this one event than the building sound system might be at fault. If there are more than a handful of events that use a sound system, find out
sound man for those events.

Hope it all works....

Re: NFMS Sound January 19, 2023 02:51AM
The big problem with the sound began when all the remaining ceiling tiles were removed

live stream January 19, 2023 04:03AM
The sound is better & the beer is cheaper on the live stream. lol

Re: live stream January 19, 2023 04:11AM
Don’t have to worry about running out of Busch Lights! LOL

NFMS has been great January 19, 2023 04:34AM
All of this complaining about the sound...Yes it sucks...but it's not going to stop me from going to the pull. I could have no announcers/no sound, yelling announcers or blaring music playing right in my ear and I would still be there. I'm there to watch the pulling action on the track and enjoy time with friends. It would be great to hear Dan and Miles because they are 2 of the most intelligent announcers and pulling historians there are and they are easy to listen to...there are different problems in different areas of the arena...one of the major problems is the tiles being removed. I would be happy with a board that they update with distances which would be easier to fix than the sound problem.

The Farm Show pull has improved so much over the past years with the cheaper ticket options, new classes, 4 class shows for Wednesday-Saturday Afternoon, The combo super stock class, pickem contests, better show quality and smoke tube improvements...some other things too. I'll take all of that...better sound quality would just be a bonus.

Re: NFMS Sound February 01, 2023 04:02AM
I Agree with Doc. We have worked together at many arenas , indoor and outdoor events. You've got to be listening to what you hear from the " room" Although I won't be on the mic ,i'll see you all at the NFMS this year .

Re: NFMS Sound February 01, 2023 04:35AM
Denver Geitgey
I Agree with Doc. We have worked together at many arenas , indoor and outdoor events. You've got to be listening to what you hear from the " room" Although I won't be on the mic ,i'll see you all at the NFMS this year .
Denver you always do a phenomenal job! Too bad you aren't going to grace the mic at the farm show tractor pull!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing