Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 09:01AM
Curious to see opinions on oil. I've heard different things about certain brands of oil. Whom is the better 50w Performance Oil? Thanks

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 10:09AM
Brad Penn oil is good.The green oil.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 10:25AM
I've never had any problems with Brad penn

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 11:14AM
Never had issues with Brad Penn or Amalie

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 11:29AM
Schaffer’s is the best

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 11:57AM
Anyone have any data, facts, or actual experience ?

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 12:05PM
We're using Brad Penn Nitro 70 in a Allison and Cenpeco 60wt in a hemi. I like the Brad Penn better but the Cenpeco is easier to get in a pinch since we're really close to Walcott IA.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 12:24PM
Brad Penn was changed to Penn Grade 1 a few years ago. Seems to be the same to me but some say it's different. We've been using it for many many years in our blown Hemi's with good luck. We also sell to several diesel customers.

S'no Farmer

NAPA 40 Premium January 29, 2023 12:24PM
We have used them all and now use Napa Premium 40 weight with 1/2 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer. Been using for years now with 0 bearing failures. Oil change is half price of the big company racing oils. We have added Lucas TB zinc additive as well but not always. I don't know if it helps or not but I'm sure it doesn't hurt anything.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 02:20PM
Seen a Shaffer oil rep give a demo over the weekend were he puts a roller bearing to the test, Shafffer seemed like the better oil in that test. He did noyt have any penn grade (brad penn) to compare with which i would like to have seen..

Dawn soap January 29, 2023 03:18PM
I was at a show once where the Shaffer rep was there doing his bearing test. Some guy pulled out a small bottle of dawn dish soap and asked him to test that on his little tester. The rep refused to test the soap and the guy said he refused because the soap would test better than the oil.

Re: Dawn soap January 30, 2023 01:42AM
Bearing tester
I was at a show once where the Shaffer rep was there doing his bearing test. Some guy pulled out a small bottle of dawn dish soap and asked him to test that on his little tester. The rep refused to test the soap and the guy said he refused because the soap would test better than the oil.

You cant run soap in an engine, pointless comparison.

Re: Dawn soap January 30, 2023 11:24AM
Clean bearings

You cant run soap in an engine, pointless comparison.

Clean Bearings, you missed the point I was trying to make. FYI completely got my point. As FYI said its all smoke and mirrors. These folks at these trade shows know how to work magic with "Their Products ". Lol

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 03:18PM
Smoke and mirrors. That’s all about zinc. That being said I’m still a fan of Schaefer but it’s cashy

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 03:28PM
Sarcastically saying that Quaker State is the best. lol. Seriously saying that the brands really don't matter as long as you take care of the oil that you run and have a good filtering system. I run Cenpeco 60 weight. Pre heat it before every run. After 3 to 4 runs, it is drained, screened and boiled. When I do that, new oil is put in. After 3 to 4 runs on that, put the boiled oil back in. Then repeat the process.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 29, 2023 11:33PM
Amsoil. I’m also a dealer for it.
Become a preferred customer and you can get 25% off on your orders, free shipping, $5 dollars off on your birthday month, $5 off every $100 you spend, can get promotions and if you spend $500 or more your annual membership renewal will be free.

[youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2023 11:43PM by IHFarmer07.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 30, 2023 01:44AM
Weve ran Valvoline VR1 For years with Zero issue

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 30, 2023 10:59AM
I have been told that the oil is the same, just the additive package each sellers spec is unique to them,most good racing oils have the sulfur and zinc. And the soap comparison is right on, - many oils in the past were "DETEREGENT " oils, full of soaps to clean the engine.

Re: Best 50w Performance Oil January 30, 2023 11:47AM
I have a friend whos pulled alcohol SS since back in the 70s told me he has always ran the same 15/40 in his two tractors as he runs in his farm euq, Clearance the correct amount is where most of the problem is not oil brand a lot of clearance has to have heavier weight oil Lucas oil stabilizer gets thin as water when its heated up so does all the other oil

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2