Amount of classes January 30, 2023 02:34AM
I see a lot on here about people saying there are too many classes in pulling these days, and I agree. Let's start by eliminating COMBO CLASSES! If you have a light pro, run light pro. If you have a 4.1, run 4.1. Eliminate light pro/limited pro combo. If you run PS, run PS. If you run SS, run SS. Eliminate SS/PS. If you run a hot farm, run a hot farm. If you run 85 LPS, run 85 LPS!

The worst is combining light pros, limited pros, and SUPER FARMS! If you tighten the sled down, they hold together pretty well. Open it up. the super farms are at the bottom every time! I don't care if the light pro's have an A pump, they still make way more horses than that of a super farm.

Start by eliminating combo classes, then go from there.

That is all.

Re: Amount of classes January 30, 2023 03:30AM
Tomah winner
I see a lot on here about people saying there are too many classes in pulling these days, and I agree. Let's start by eliminating COMBO CLASSES! If you have a light pro, run light pro. If you have a 4.1, run 4.1. Eliminate light pro/limited pro combo. If you run PS, run PS. If you run SS, run SS. Eliminate SS/PS. If you run a hot farm, run a hot farm. If you run 85 LPS, run 85 LPS!

That is all.

If you have a heavy super, run heavy super. None of this diesel only stuff...

Re: Amount of classes January 30, 2023 04:05AM
The Original Michael

That is all.

EXACTLY! That's what I'm saying!

Re: Amount of classes January 30, 2023 07:19AM
Absolutely!!!! Makes total sense. Why have one class of 10 when u can have two classes of 5 that split the purse money. Perfect

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 12:37PM
Absolutely
Absolutely!!!! Makes total sense. Why have one class of 10 when u can have two classes of 5 that split the purse money. Perfect

That's not what I am saying. A class is made with a specific set of rules. Another class is made with their own specific set of rules. Don't combine classes that people "think" will run together well, when they build a tractor for a specific class. If a 4.1 builds his tractor to run 4.1, but then goes to run with an association that is a light pro/4.1 combined, then why didn't he build the tractor specifically for that certain class? In my opinion, the only classes that should be able to combine with each other are Diesel/Alcohol super stocks, and MODIFIEDS!

Let's just put that again so everybody reads it clearly: MODIFIEDS! They are the only class or classes that can jump up to another class with adding more motors just to make weight.

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 05:30PM
How many classes still have groups that only stay within the state level of performance and don't go to region level and gn,how many really stay at region and not go up or down,how many gn don't go down ??. Should have been limits to prevent this years ago.there would still only be a pro and super class today if that would have happened.each class would have thier respective cubic inch,with only charger limit,could have been much simpler for all the builders,pullers,fans,promoters..1 single charger class and 1 multi charger class..but no,pulling complicated itself to where noone knows what's going on,so everyone loses in the end.youst to be more than enough trs to support more than 1 hook on the same night in the same geographical area,now it's to the point some classes can't support themselves good with 1 hook a night nationwide,travel time and fuel is the killer,just common sense

Re: Amount of classes February 02, 2023 02:15AM
patches
How many classes still have groups that only stay within the state level of performance and don't go to region level and gn,how many really stay at region and not go up or down,how many gn don't go down ??. Should have been limits to prevent this years ago.there would still only be a pro and super class today if that would have happened.each class would have thier respective cubic inch,with only charger limit,could have been much simpler for all the builders,pullers,fans,promoters..1 single charger class and 1 multi charger class..but no,pulling complicated itself to where noone knows what's going on,so everyone loses in the end.youst to be more than enough trs to support more than 1 hook on the same night in the same geographical area,now it's to the point some classes can't support themselves good with 1 hook a night nationwide,travel time and fuel is the killer,just common sense

I think it is alright with RN competitors and GN competitors wanting to run together, because of the fun when a RN person beats a GN person who is supposed to be better.

Re: Amount of classes February 03, 2023 04:52AM
The Original Michael

Sure, and then they all have to be at 540ci!!

Re: Amount of classes January 30, 2023 08:55AM
I agree that splitting the classes would be better. The issue is there aren't enough tractors to run only a "Light Pro" or "Super Farm" class. I believe that as time goes on numbers will get worse and worse.

Re: Amount of classes January 30, 2023 12:41PM
cspullingpromotions
I agree that splitting the classes would be better. The issue is there aren't enough tractors to run only a "Light Pro" or "Super Farm" class. I believe that as time goes on numbers will get worse and worse.

This only depends on the region you live in. The midwest is not short on 4.1s and super farms. The ohio/michigan/Pennsylvania area is full of light pros.

Re: Amount of classes January 31, 2023 12:54PM
Wyatt, please name who all the Michigan Light PS's are? Good luck. I believe your list will be extremely short. And also state which one(s) pull on a regular basis, rather than (very) occasionally. Either you or I will be surprised.

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 01:23AM
I can think of 2 and only 1 4.1.

CP

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 02:38AM
Most of the LP's in the region are from Ohio Then you have a few from PA and Indiana. Super Farms are big in Michigan There are a lot of 4.1's from Ohio, Indiana as well.

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 12:33PM
name em'
Wyatt, please name who all the Michigan Light PS's are? Good luck. I believe your list will be extremely short. And also state which one(s) pull on a regular basis, rather than (very) occasionally. Either you or I will be surprised.

He said the region, not specifically the state. Also, we are talking about the amount of classes, not the amount of pullers in a class. That's why when I said split 85 lim pro and hot farm, it is because there are that many in each class, that they don't need to run together. Yes, I might be a little biased when I say this since it only happens at Shipshewana for these two classes to combine, but I'm still making a summarized point.

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 02:16PM
Tomah winner, Wyatt stated: "The ohio/michigan/Pennsylvania area is full of light pros." The point is if you are going to make a blanket statement, especially when you don't even live east of the big river, then you better do some intensive homework before spewing a false proposition.

cpr & I agree on the number of "michigan" Light & Lim PS. Only 1 pulls regularly, a Light PS. So that is an exact reason for needing to combine some classes into one.
Wolverine "SS Combo" class is a fine example and is a fine class to watch pull: HF, SF, Lgt PS, Lim PS, PS, SSD, SSO.
There are no where enough of each class of Lgt PS, Lim PS, PS, SSD, SSO to make a solo class. Unless you consider 1 or 2 entries per class is actually a viable class to watch and a promoter is actually willing to shell out the top purse money for each of those 5 classes. So, see, Tomah winner, there are valid reasons for a combo class.

Rick Feicht's Full Pull Productions did very well with combo classes. OSTPA & IPL each do well with their combo Lgt PS/Lim PS class.

Tomah winner, I have been curious what accolade pulling vehicle and class win and when, you achieved at Tomah?

Re: Amount of classes February 02, 2023 02:22AM
name em'
Tomah winner, Wyatt stated: "The ohio/michigan/Pennsylvania area is full of light pros." The point is if you are going to make a blanket statement, especially when you don't even live east of the big river, then you better do some intensive homework before spewing a false proposition.

cpr & I agree on the number of "michigan" Light & Lim PS. Only 1 pulls regularly, a Light PS. So that is an exact reason for needing to combine some classes into one.
Wolverine "SS Combo" class is a fine example and is a fine class to watch pull: HF, SF, Lgt PS, Lim PS, PS, SSD, SSO.
There are no where enough of each class of Lgt PS, Lim PS, PS, SSD, SSO to make a solo class. Unless you consider 1 or 2 entries per class is actually a viable class to watch and a promoter is actually willing to shell out the top purse money for each of those 5 classes. So, see, Tomah winner, there are valid reasons for a combo class.

Rick Feicht's Full Pull Productions did very well with combo classes. OSTPA & IPL each do well with their combo Lgt PS/Lim PS class.

Tomah winner, I have been curious what accolade pulling vehicle and class win and when, you achieved at Tomah?

Well... 1) it aint SS combo if you have super farms, hot farms, light pros, limited pros in the class. It says SS COMBO, not RWYB!

2) Well of course Michigan doesn't have many, but he said OHIO/MICHIGAN/PENNSYLVANIA AREA, which includes ohio, for which some of those pullers make up for the loss of Michigan pullers.

3) Yes, the FPP might do well with numbers, but the competition ain't fair. It's like combining Super Farm and Pro Stock, thinking they will be close in competition. THEY WILL NOT. A light pro will always win!

4) We won Tomah in 2014 in the Super Farm class on Sunday Afternoon. I use the nametag cause I am proud of that moment.

I have stated before: The name is Morgan Schulte, I live in Iowa, and my family has been pulling for over 30 years. I ain't stupid, I know what I am talking about.

Re: Amount of classes February 02, 2023 03:44PM
I will stick up for the Wolverine "STATE" combo class. We use the SSCombo nomenclature to just designate that it is a tractor class (we are or have considered an Open class..TWD, Mod, FWD, Tractors). And if you think the SSD or Pro always win, better come watch. Granted, Red Line Fever or Rampage doesn't show up, but other GN SS and Pros do and sometimes get humbled by some SF (Michigan is rich with GN SF) and even LtPro.. We feel we have a good set of rules which make the competition relatively fair. And the fans like the class. JW

Re: Amount of classes February 01, 2023 03:04PM
Tomah winner

He said the region, not specifically the state. Also, we are talking about the amount of classes, not the amount of pullers in a class. That's why when I said split 85 lim pro and hot farm, it is because there are that many in each class, that they don't need to run together. Yes, I might be a little biased when I say this since it only happens at Shipshewana for these two classes to combine, but I'm still making a summarized point.

Tomah winner, I get what you are saying.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2