Allison with Pro Chargers January 31, 2023 07:13AM

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Allison with Pro Chargers February 02, 2023 07:26AM
Mission Impossible Mini rod team have got that set up on their allison mini. Not sure if they got it sorted out yet , but they did make some hooks with it last year.

Re: Allison with Pro Chargers February 03, 2023 08:15AM
Interesting to see Starlight Express. I had a VHS tape when I was younger about tractor pulling with Geoff Ashcroft (a Brit). He went through the technical details of several pulling tractors, and part of it involved following the Starlight Express team as they built a new 2/3 engine Allison tractor. In those pre-internet days it was very difficult for a mechanically curious boy like myself to find explanations about just how multi-charger and multi-engine tractors were put together so I learned a ton from that.

Re: Allison with Pro Chargers February 03, 2023 11:32AM
It is indeed that very same tractor. Jim Snell sold it to the guys in Italy after he kicked some rods out and had a flood in his workshop on top of that.
Romano along with a few friends completely rebuilt everything and competed with the triple for a while.
Unfortunately, after having turned it into a triple-turbo Allison they killed a few engines, too.
On top of that Pulling in Italy went downhill and him and others parked their tractors.
They now have a new association, that is run by the pullers and after two hard years of getting everything back up to specs and getting a hold on a certified sled, things are going uphill again (over 40 tractors signed in for the 2023 series of 7 events): Their association just got the approval of the ETPC (so teams from Austria and Germany can run in Italy and the Italian guys can pull in other countries) and many of the older teams are getting their parked tractors ready to compete again.
I will be live covering this year's championship on www.wwptv.plus and I am really excited to see things going uphill.
We've just sold like 10 Rockwell diffs to Italy in the past months - they are BUILDING!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Allison with Pro Chargers February 03, 2023 12:37PM
Rockwell or Merritor?
Need to get transitioning to Merritor for better parts availability.

Re: Allison with Pro Chargers February 03, 2023 11:21PM
Meritor - even though they do a lot of high-quality aftermarket stuff for the Rockewells down there and there is a lot of interchangeability between what is used in Iveco trucks and the Rockwell.
I think most big modifieds in Europe run with Italian ring & pinions by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 11:21PM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing