Ol' Busch March 31, 2023 06:14AM
What associations did the Busch sled run with back then?

Re: Ol' Busch April 01, 2023 05:42PM
Let me take a stab at this….

TPM (Tractor Pullers of Missouri)
ECMTPA (East Central Missouri Tractor Pullers Association)
MMTTPA (Mid MO Tractor Truck Pulling Association)
Tri State Truck Pullers (Missouri)
ITPA (Illinois Tractor Pullers Association)
Outlaw
MSTPA (Missouri State Tractor Pullers Association)

The 6 pack went up and down many times, was an icon in the state and region.

Even made an appearance at the famous Hawk Point MO Homecoming.

Re: Ol' Busch April 02, 2023 02:44AM
I'm pretty sure Twin States used the Busch sled some.

Re: Ol' Busch April 02, 2023 04:20AM
I think we might have pulled it at some SRO events way back when.

Re: Ol' Busch April 03, 2023 05:09AM
Also was used at NTPA events like Tomah, and also ECIPA (East Central Iowa Pullers Association)

Re: Ol' Busch April 04, 2023 01:28PM
The Busch sled is my all time favorite pulling vehicle and I enjoyed it so much back in the glory days. Given how popular it was and the popularity of Busch Light in the midwest, the heart of pulling country, I'm shocked that a "new" Busch sled hasn't happened. I mean I know it would just be a vinyl wrap and there'd be no six pack but still, it would look awesome and also conjure up nostalgia. Marketing dollars well spent, IMO.

Re: Ol' Busch April 04, 2023 03:40PM
Well with the new Bud light announcement I don’t see INBEV investing anything into the sport . Not sure rural America is the market they are looking for anymore. Anyways, that was a sweet sled . If you saw it in person you will never forget it.

Re: Ol' Busch April 04, 2023 11:53PM
I could be wrong here, but I believe the actual sponsorship for the sled was through a local network of distributors in the eastern MO region, not the national marketing. If I'm a local distributor, who is also probably supplying these pulls with the actual product being advertised, seems like a no brainer marketing thing. And heck, when they do the stuff like last year's John Deere partnership, it makes it even more of a no brainer. It's just baffling that we've not seen a Busch Light sled for various reasons. Any other beer for that matter, but Busch moreso due to how popular it is with this demo AND the fact it was already on a sled that so many have nostalgia for.

A race sled wouldn't have a six pack, but with pop up banners on the side of the box that could probably happen, even.

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 12:05AM
To answer the OP's question, USHRA was another sanctioning body that it worked with. I have a photo of the Bud Buss pulling the Busch Sled in the St. Louis Arena. Those were the days.

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 01:29AM
It made it as far as Armada, MI for a handful of years around 2000 as well.

CP

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 06:02AM
2001 Armada, MI 9000 Farm

[youtu.be]

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 03:41PM
If you've ever hooked that sled, it's anything but "light" Smiling I've pulled it with an antique several times. We had it for a NATPA pull around 2000 or so and oh the whining and crying about how hard it pulled. For day 2 of a 2 day pull, the chain got an extra link to make the noise go away.

I grew up watching pulls in Missouri with that sled. I thought it was totally sac-relig when the cans came off the weight box. The story I heard was insurance said they had to go because the sled operator couldn't see the vehicle in front, which I understand.

Re: Ol' Busch April 07, 2023 04:47PM
In the 80’s & 90’s it pulled ‘easy’ and Mike was awesome at sled settings. It also followed you which some of the other sleds didn’t do as well. Then the first run and hammer sled came to MO State Fair and we learned a whole new easy to start.

Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 12:08AM
Jerkmychain
Well with the new Bud light announcement I don’t see INBEV investing anything into the sport . Not sure rural America is the market they are looking for anymore. Anyways, that was a sweet sled . If you saw it in person you will never forget it.

On the other hand, Dylan Mulvaney would be a natural spokesperson for the pro stock class.
"I was assigned red from the factory but always felt green inside. One year ago I got a green engine and now I'm being the tractor I always knew I was..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2023 08:01AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 03:11AM
Thank you for bringing this politics into this. As I was reading comments from a bit of pulling history, and enjoying the nostalgia of remembering a simpler time, I couldn't help but thinking to myself, "Man, I hope someone brings in political and social movements, and turns the conversation toward a corporation's stance on marketing and current event issues." That was really the cherry on top for me.

Re: Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 03:41AM
I didnt see anything about politics, guess when you want to see something negative its pretty easy for some people.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 05:16AM
I can recall people being scolded for not staying on topic here before...........lol! Spinning

Re: Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 10:59AM
That is a priceless comment !!!! How True !!!

Re: Bud light would be great sponsor for pro stock April 05, 2023 11:01AM
My last post was in response to the Original Michael's post --- Thumbs-up

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 10:18AM
It resides about 15 miles from my house now. Hook it numerous times every year. Hooked it a few times back in the day when it still had the 6 pack on it. Helped replace a transmission in it once so we could finish a pull at about 3 in the morning with 4 people left in the stands.

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 01:05PM
This has been a fun thread. I always enjoy pulling history. What other old sleds do pullers remember pulling or still do today. I think the Iornmans are great today but its still fun to learn about others from the past.

Re: Ol' Busch April 05, 2023 02:24PM
The Really Dragon sled of course.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520