mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 02:26AM
Here are all the mods I want to figure out what has happened to, and where they have ended up:

1) "Simon Sez" light unlimited 2 engine mod.
2) "Simon Sez Show No Mercy" light unlimited two engine mod.
3) "Boyd's Green Streak"
4) "Boyd's Green Streak Limited"
5) "Takes a Licking" / "Takes a Licking Keeps on Ticking" (The yellow one)
6) Both Long Modifieds. Mav TV and Lucas Oil.
7) "Simon Sez" 4-engine PPL mod.
8) "Shell Shocked"
9) "Ruckus"
10) "The Gambler"

Here is what I think, but please help me out. I originally thought both Simon 2 engine mods were combined to make a super modified. But I think that is wrong. The 4 engine "Irish Challenger" looks like one of the old Boyd Mods. I think Bunnage's sold their yellow mod to Simon's who then waffled it off to Bill Leischner. I think it is "Dirtslinger Too." One of the Long Machines (I think Mav TV) is the black Simon Sez mod that appeared at the farm show this year. "Simon Sez" 4 engine mod from season before last I think was Bunnage's yellow mod that now is in Bill Leischner's hands. "Shell Shocked" and "Ruckus" are... still just for sale? "The Gambler" who I think used to be owned by a an in New York... I feel like I saw it running regional/ state level in Indiana or somewhere this summer with less motors on it.

That leaves one Boyd tractor unaccounted for, and one Long tractor unaccounted for. This is assuming I am even close to correct with what I am guessing at here.

Bonus questions:
11) "Bank Robber"
12) "North American"
13) LD Nation's last 4-engine mod. (It could be one of those up top. I feel like he was probably close to Leischner's/ Walsh's. Maybe Walsh's bought both his mods, not just the twin turbine.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 03:32AM
1) "Simon Sez" light unlimited 2 engine mod. - Single engine mod in Michigan with Jim Martell I believe.
3) "Boyd's Green Streak" - Still sitting last I heard.
4) "Boyd's Green Streak Limited" - Still sitting last I heard.
5) "Takes a Licking" / "Takes a Licking Keeps on Ticking" (The yellow one) - Is now the "Dirtslinger Too"
6) Both Long Modifieds. Mav TV and Lucas Oil. - One is the new "Simon Sez" that pulled at the NFMS. The other is supposed to be an unlimited last I heard.
7) "Simon Sez" 4-engine PPL mod. - Walsh's "Irish Challenger 2.0"
10) "The Gambler" - Still pulling. Stayed and pulled close to home last year as a twin engine mod.
11) "Bank Robber" - Chassis is for sale. Rest was parted out.
12) "North American" - Still pulling. Pulled in Rockwell, Bowling Green, and Sandwich last year.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2023 07:18AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 06:22AM
Irish Challenger use to be Simon Sez 4 engine mod. But it absolutely was a Boyd mod. Heard this from Greg. However, it is not one of the two Boyd mods that are still currently for sale. It was a previous version. Green Streak Unlimited to be exact.

Green Streak Limited and Green Streak are still parked.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 07:21AM
You're right and I knew that. It was the Full Pull Motorsports chassis that won the points in 2018.

Brent Yaron

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 07:24AM
Thought I seed last week Jeff Hirt was in Iowa picking the Bank robber up.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands, To; Rock April 21, 2023 08:39AM
I heard it was going to cost too much to cut down the roll cage and move the pedals.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands, To; Rock April 21, 2023 08:50AM
I think Dornbush's tractor was Neeves's

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 07:47AM
Brent Yaron
1) "Simon Sez" light unlimited 2-engine mod. - Single engine mod in Michigan with Jim Martell I believe.
3) "Boyd's Green Streak" - Still sitting last I heard.
4) "Boyd's Green Streak Limited" - Still sitting last I heard.
5) "Takes a Licking" / "Takes a Licking Keeps on Ticking" (The yellow one) - Is now the "Dirtslinger Too"
6) Both Long Modifieds. Mav TV and Lucas Oil. - One is the new "Simon Sez" that pulled at the NFMS. The other is supposed to be unlimited last I heard.
7) "Simon Sez" 4-engine PPL mod. - Walsh's "Irish Challenger 2.0"
10) "The Gambler" - Still pulling. Stayed and pulled close to home last year as a twin-engine mod.
11) "Bank Robber" - The chassis is for sale. Rest was parted out.
12) "North American" - Still pulling. Pulled in Rockwell, Bowling Green, and Sandwich last year.

If I am correct, I think the "Simon Sez Show No Mercy" is now the "Time Bandit" of Austin Dornbush out of Illinois as a single-engine mod.

The Irish Challenger 2.0 used to be the black 4-engine simon sez mod, which before that was the newest Green Streak chassis.

I am unsure of where the white-green streak mod or the black green streak limited mod went.

The mod Simon's own now is the MAVTV Long mod. I don't know where the Lucas Oil Bullseye went.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 21, 2023 10:56AM
The Time Bandit is the old cotton candy tractor. The Simon sez show no mercy went somewhere out east.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 22, 2023 06:53AM
simon sez tube frame i had bought and it is in Pa now.
They still have wedge frame.
dirt slinger 2 is now in michigan as bill and terry jostock did a trade.
one of longs mods went back to Bill Voris.
Bank robber did not get sold to Jeff hirt..Still for sale..

Hope this helps..

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 22, 2023 09:14AM
So Bill has bought his old Mod back the run the unlimited

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 24, 2023 04:47AM
puller
So Bill has bought his old Mod back the run the unlimited

What was his old mod? the one he had with the rockstar energy sponsor?

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 24, 2023 06:32AM
Bill Vories bought back the old American thunder

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 25, 2023 08:21AM
The only thing left from Bills old mod is basically the gearbox on that tractor.

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 26, 2023 01:43AM
The "Yellow Frame" Bunnage/Waffle/Leischner roller is now for sale from Terry Jostock with or without spider boxes and clutch cans.

CP

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 23, 2023 06:46AM
Going nice to see the "dump truck" motors back in action.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 23, 2023 07:13AM
At the end, they weren't.

CP

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands April 23, 2023 01:25PM
no dump truck motors in a long time..

New unlimited from New York? May 02, 2023 04:03PM
This isn't one that changed hands but a new build.

The Pullers Championship webpage shows a pic of a new tractor for Dylan Owens. He'll run 4 at this event, but the photo looks like it would hold 5 if we could see a right front engine. Is one or both Owens tractors planning to run unlimited this year?

Also NY related, Mark Cole ran his tractor as a twin at a few late season State pulls last year. Anyone know if he'll be back with 4 or 5 engines this summer? Will Eder and Biers run this year?

Re: New unlimited from New York? May 03, 2023 12:54AM
That appears to be the mod Urban had in Nebraska

Re: New unlimited from New York? May 03, 2023 01:32AM
It is.

CP

Re: New unlimited from New York? May 03, 2023 01:34AM
Owens will be running NTPA Modified and PPL Super Modified with both tractors. Tom's will run a triple engine 14-71 setup, while Dylan's will run a four engine 8-71 setup. They will be running new hemi engines and are parting ways with the chevy's. The chassis was bought from Wayne Purser, a new 2019 Modern Machine chassis, and picked up at the Fort Dodge pull last year.

Brent Yaron

Re: mods and unlimiteds that have changed hands May 08, 2023 12:29PM
FYI..Team Polar Air bought a tractor Boyd had built by Engler. This tractor was never finished. The tractor is being finished won’t be out for a year or so. We are going to run 3 miner motors 1471 setup’s.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,607, Posts: 229,661, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520