Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 01:37AM
Is that Maverick pulling sled any good that is for sale. Has anyone ever hooked to it or know anything about it.

Might be interested in it for our club.

Thanks

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 01:52AM
hooked on it when it was owned out of Missouri. It's a Bauer sled if it was maintained should be a good machine yet i would think. But it has been a couple years since I've seen it.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 03:21AM
The sled is indeed a Bauer Built sled. It was the very first one that he built. Although the sled looks good, to my knowledge it has sat outside for approx 3-4 years and hasn't hooked any vehicles in that time frame. I think they are asking way to much money for it also.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 03:47AM
Not that it matters, but that sled is FAR from the first sled Vaughn built.
May be one of the first of that STYLE he built, but if memory serves, there were one or two built before that one, of that style.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 04:13AM
were is it sitting? and why hasn't it been being used?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 04:24AM
In Virginia Somewhere. Not sure why it hasn't been used.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 18, 2009 04:35PM
it's been replaced with a Bungart sled. I think he has another sled also, maybe a newer bauer or other type.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled March 16, 2015 08:53AM
is this still available. the last date is from 2009. if not available how can I go about finding one for sale?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled March 16, 2015 08:55AM
This sled was sold a while black and is in rhode island or somewhere close. Google Bungart motorsports and call them they are the only ones who might have or know of a sled for sale this close to season.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 02:15AM
I may be able to answer some of your questions as we have built the current owner of the Maverick sled a new level 8 sled. I have seen the Maverick sled recently and know a little about it. I do have some pictures of it that I can e-mail anyone that wants to see them. You can contact me at 573-619-7573...

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 17, 2009 01:33PM
how much are they asking for that sled does anybody know

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 18, 2009 04:21AM
well we ofrfered $ 90,000 in the spring and didnt get it

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 18, 2009 07:07AM
What does a new sled cost, compared this one?

I know that through the summer, most sled operators are busy from june to August, I wouldn't be surprised if the ROI is at least 10 years.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 18, 2009 02:47PM
well i heard that bauer would sell the green sled for 185000. lets face the facts vauhgn is the best in the buisness when it comes to putting sleds together.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 18, 2009 04:38PM
he's been offered higher than 90k but it didn't sell. new sled is $250k-280k depending on who you get it through. bauer, hagar, bungart are really the 3 guys building sleds.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 20, 2009 01:59AM
i believe richard love is a builder also

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 20, 2009 12:08PM
Who built x-factor sled and where are they from?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 20, 2009 04:02PM
The Bungarts out in Missouri build them.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 20, 2009 04:12PM
Do they have a web site or phone number? Thanks

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 21, 2009 03:01AM
They are in the links section. Their website is [www.bungartmotorsports.com]

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 22, 2009 11:46AM
X factor sled is a good sled, but for crying out loud retire that dirty old flag. Looks bad. Why have a $150,000 sled and not spend $5 for a clean, respectful looking American flag???

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 22, 2009 04:21PM
If you buy a new flag,make sure it's made in the good OLD USA !!!

Maverick Pulling Sled - 4 sale taking offers ? October 01, 2009 04:00AM
pulling sled 4 sale - taking cash offers ? email storckroad691@aol.com OR CALL 540-840- 8992

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled April 28, 2013 01:33PM
I dont know about all the diffrent bauer built sleds but I can tell you that Kenny Ball out of Waterford Ohio has a very Nice sled, "The All American" Rumor has it that it could be foe sale. His info is on there site [allamericanpullingsled.com].

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled April 28, 2013 03:14PM
Yes, the All-American Sled was for sale last year and a deal was in place, I was told. But the deal fell through for whatever reason. I'm assuming it's still buyable, but I don't know a thing about the asking price. From talking to him, he definitely wants out and wasn't actively pursuing any new hooks for 2013, just renewals for what I understood. Take this opinion/insight for what it's worth, since everybody has an opinion.

As for the comment above about Love's sleds, they are very good. While lacking in creature comforts for the operator (no cab), their Ol' Yeller Decision Maker (the former Westmoreland Tractor Pullers' sled) can stop just about anything from antiques to super farms. Not every sled has that flexibility and it all depends on the operator.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 24, 2009 01:43PM
think what you want but hager and brian are some of the best sled operators in the business.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 24, 2009 04:15PM
You are correct,they do a wonderful job,work hard for a perfect setting and a great show.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 25, 2009 01:32AM
Everbody always talks about Hager this Hager that, Brian this Brian that, Vaughn this and Vaughn that. You forget that Brian has only been operating a sled for a few years now. The people in my opinion that do one of the best jobs in the country is Richard Love and crew. Him and his crew work very hard to satisfy the promoters and the pullers at each and every event. They have one of the most professional crews out there; crew uniforms, clean reliable sleds, and great operators.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 25, 2009 02:21AM
they also do a wonderful job and are good operators and set their sleds well,set up on the sled is a huge factor

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 25, 2009 05:30PM
all class 8 sled must have fixed pan cannot swivel. Singers white sled has fixed pan and its a bauer built sled

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 26, 2009 09:33AM
correct, bauer himself no twist in his. reason is what if the pan is twisted when the pushdown kicks in? it kicks the sled off to one side and when the pan tries to straighten back up it bends the cylinder rods. our local sled has a pan that twists and we're going to change it to fixed. the pan gets twisted when the weight sits down on it and makes the tractors go crazy.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 27, 2009 10:38AM
You must be a keyboard puller if think a Bauer sleds pan doesn't pivot. Take a look the next time you are at a pull.....oops thats right you don't leave the computer screen. Bauer's pan do pivot, each and every one of them.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 27, 2009 02:58PM
they pivot like a see saw, just not left and right, at least according to bauer. if it does it may be a degree or two, but he said it causes problems if it twists.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled September 28, 2009 09:37AM
Bauers pans ALL pivot left and right.
Not very far, but a couple degrees is PLENTY. And actually 1 degree should be the MINIMUM required to pivot. That is enough to keep the Hager sleds from tearing up tractors.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 03, 2009 03:17PM
i'll grab a copy of the NASOA rule book and find out but i do believe i am correct

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 04, 2009 03:16AM
Bauers pans swivel left and right, so you are WRONG.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 04, 2009 03:34AM
You must be blind if youthink any of the Bauer sleds have a fixed pan. Open your eyes. Keyboard pullers.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 04, 2009 01:39PM
Not nice to compare a blind person to a key board puller. It will make the blind person mad.

Maverick Pulling Sled October 05, 2009 07:40AM
maverick sled is a bauer built -would be 7 style , if you put a new style cab on this sled and paint it ,would look like a new one from out side and save a bunch money $$$$$$$$. that style sled is what makes tractor and truck pulling what it is today today , looks like great chance to get in sled rentals at fair price . sled can be up dated to 8 style for grand nationals show ,not sure why you need to do that .after looking around not many sleds of this style for sale ,looks like this is a one kind sled to buy .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 05, 2009 10:19AM
Maverick needs to much work, good deal for 50 grand , you would need to stick another 50 in it to make it usable .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 05, 2009 01:28PM
the sled setting on track / do you want make test pull ? - you need to price the steel and build you one with weights and hitch with duetz dsl eng - it is b/built sled and it used sled , not junk sled / we all want deals on somethings .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 06, 2009 01:36AM
They want $150k for this sled, way over priced. You can buy a brand new from Love for $200k. Love told me it needs close to $80k worth of work to bring it up to speed with the other class 8's out there. Call Bauer about it, he wanted to buy it back and cut it up for junk so know one got hurt with it. The guy that is selling it is also trying to make a mint on it, he only paid around $40k for it at bankruptcy sale.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 06, 2009 03:54AM
sleds are like pullers ,all have good stores and bad , think about it, there are so many cable sleds out there for fun pulls and shows ,up hill sleds and junk sleds . it seems that you have to have the best to keep up with pulling today , but a style 8 sled is for grand national shows with big money events ,how many little town shows /fair /event can pay this , [look and note ] it only 2 classes that a 7 style sled cant pull ,supers semis and unlimited classes , check the cost of these two events . NOTE ---------- I SEEN THIS SLED WORK AND HAVE PULLED IT AND IT NOT BAD SLED FOR 7 STYLE - YES IT CAN BE UP DATED TO 8 STYLE SLED , SLED HAS HAD REPAIRS DONE ,SO HE HAS SPENT TIME AND MONEY ON IT ,AS FOR PRICES THAT OTHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT ,MOSTLY STORES AND MOST SLED OWNERS ARE NOT BEST OF FRIENDS ,IT SEEMS THAT SOME WANT TO TAKE OVER ALL PULLING ,EVENTS .THIS SLED IS WORTH GOOD MONEY AND HAS HAD LOT TALK ABOUT IT [ ,ONE STORY THAT BEEN TOLD BY A PULLER ] , THAT I FOUND OUT HE LIKE SEE IT GO TO A AREA WERE PULLING NOT STRONG AND NOT A SLED IN THAT AREA ,SO NO SLED OWNER IN THAT TOWN DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS THIS EACH OTHER , NOTE - I THINK THE MAN THAT OWNERS THAT SLED MUST BE NICE PERSON AND IM SURE THAT ,IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT , MAYBE MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM , WE WOULD NOT HAVE OTHERS CUTTING PRICES AND TRYING TO TAKE OVER ALL THE PULLING . ------ NOTE IF YOUR IN PULLING TRACTORS OR TRUCKS - OR SLED OWNER - ?? TO THINK ABOUT , DO YOU HAVE THE BEST ? OR DO YOU ENJOY PULLING FOR FUN AS IT WAS YEARS AGO , IT SEEMS ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY ,AND WHO THE BEST .// IT SEEMS THAT IF YOU BUY NEW -YOU GOT THE BEST AND IF CANT YOUR NO BODY IN PULLING WORLD TODAY .THAT WHY THERE ARE SO MANY CLUBS /SHOWS /EVENTS AND CLASSES FROM GARDEN PULLING /ANTIQUES / STOCK AND GRAND NATIONALS EVENTS ,SOMETHING FOR ALL POCKETS AND TYPE OF PULLERS . NOTE --- ---- ------ ------------------------- DONT BE A JEALOUS SLED OWNER /PULLER .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 06, 2009 04:55AM
does anyone have idea how many sled builders that out there.and who builds the best sled and prices - care to show a list of cost of each item ,that in building a sled ,so can under stand the cost of new one ? parts list that in building one - leave out the labor ?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 06, 2009 11:59AM
We are a small Non-Profit Organization and we have a sled, which keep's getting bumped down. Now it is a level 6 sled. Will it soon be a level 5 sled. We have been looking at the Maverick Pulling sled. The question we would like to know who is going to be buying all of the sleds. Will it work like the clunkers for cars. Is this just a rumor?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 06, 2009 12:32PM
there is big demand for good used sleds. the problem is, 75% of them are over priced. way overpriced. people sell them for the same or more than they gave for them 10 years ago or more.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 07, 2009 06:47AM
NEW OR USED SLEDS COST LOT - EVERYTHING GOES UP - JUST LIKE BUILDING A NATIONAL PULLER .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 07, 2009 07:00AM
We had built the our newest sled in 1989. It has been sold a few times now to different people.

It would be a class 7 sled now and it was $100,000 in cash out of pocket for parts and we did 99.9% of the fabricating ourselves.

And that was 20 years ago so it definately has gone up some.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 07, 2009 12:56PM
Around a year ago Love had sold a old Bauer sled with a four post cab on it to a guy in West Virginia. We are not sure on the price. It was just sold off of Ebay. The price he had listed was $125,000. This sled had a ton of pulling on it and it is still pulling today somewhere. So, yes the cost of building a sled has gone up trememendously. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 01:39AM
Do the operators make their living with these sleds or do they have another job as well?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 02:47AM
Well we all know Bauer builds planters.(heard he gets $90,000 for the frame with no planting units but thats just what i heard). Hager used to haul steel in the winter but he doesn't do that anymore. Im not sure about the rest I would imagine most do a little bit of farming or trucking to supplement but I would guess having a sled would be enough to live off of.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 05:46AM
What are you smoking?
These dudes wrap up in excess of 100 grand in the sled, (closer to 200 for brand new), then a semi tractor to tote it around, then add the scale, insurance for all that, fuel to get it around, and they are doing it for $1200.00 to $1400.00 per show, and you think they can survive on that income?
They ALL have another form of income!
Sleddin' aint that much of a money making deal. Those guys have to love the sport an awful lot to do that for what they are making!!!

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 06:00AM
I dont know if you are consdering the right people in that post we are't talking about guys who have one and book the weekends or only do 30 or 40 a year. You have to be doing 80 or 90 pulls in the summer to be able to reach that point guys like Bauer, Hager, Singer,and Love can do it. I know its Stimmells source of income hes from my area and I know him pretty well and aside from the 4 or 500 acres of farm ground to help out the rest comes from running the sled and he does 70 or 80 a year.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 03:39PM
Bauer is who I am talking about!
I live fairly close, know them, know Vaughn farms, A LOT, as well as runs Bauer Built Mfg. building the planters, and to smaller extent now, job shop welding shop, besides building the sleds he has many people wanting to buy, AND operating his sled(s).
I KNOW he aint getting rich off the running the sleds gig!!! He might not be running backwards, but he isn't raking in buckets of money from the sleds.
At one time he was chief of his local volunteer fire dept.
And in everything Vaughn does, he strives to be the BEST at what he does.
He also has strong family backing, couldn't do what he does at the level he does it at without them ALL.
I would call him busy !!!

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 09, 2009 05:18AM
Any ideas why his green sled says it's his farewell sled on the back of it?

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 09, 2009 09:32AM
last one .

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 09, 2009 12:04AM
SLED ? WHY WOULD WANT MORE THAN ONE SLED IF THERE NO MONEY IN IT.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 08, 2009 03:02AM
I would be interested in your old sled if you buy a new one. 814-599-5908

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 05, 2009 10:21AM
What is the difference between a class 7 and 8? thanks.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 05, 2009 01:52PM
class 8 can run unlimited and 7 cant. also 8 must have an air clutch

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 13, 2009 12:04PM
does anyone know anyhting about the all american and what level it is... also we use this sled for our pulls and pay 1650 a night is that a fair price .... love is only 30 minutes from us would he have a better price.... also i worked at a pull this weekemnd and it had a love sled there called old yeller it was old ppl must have got him to do the pull cheap anyway the sled had been in operation for over 30 years so thats an atestment to the quality of his work..... however the sled did brak and axle on the transfer mechanism but hey old stuff does break

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 14, 2009 01:08PM
All American is a level 7. Normal contract price is $1550. Most sled contracts are for 4 to 6 hour pulls with additional cost per hour after that time. However, when you start pulling at 2:00 p.m. and finish up at 3:00 a.m. for the same money, $1650 is pretty cheap.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 16, 2009 05:33AM
yeah that was a very long night i didnt get back to the house till after 5 am

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 16, 2009 06:19AM
does anyone have or know of any older sleds for sale

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled October 14, 2009 04:22PM
i know most of the guys around here are 12 -1300 dollars but thats arounds here dont know what it would be if to travel to your area

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled May 02, 2013 12:04PM
correct me again
i'll grab a copy of the NASOA rule book and find out but i do believe i am correct

is there a copy of this rule book available online anywhere??

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled May 02, 2013 12:09PM
no you have to call them to get one. there's a few of the sled rules in the back of the ntpa rule book, or at least a couple of years ago there were.

Re: Maverick Pulling Sled May 03, 2013 03:35AM
thanx, I guess i will have to make a call

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2