john deere exhaust February 16, 2010 10:10AM
Is a 55 series exhaust manifold better than the older turbo manifolds? Thanks

Re: john deere exhaust February 16, 2010 10:44AM
the 7810 early sn 1 piece is better than 55 series.

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 07:25AM
why is that, not being smart just asking?

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 09:51AM
because it put turbo in center of exhaust manifold. it gives even runners to the turbo, it turns turbo inlet to front for claen air. it is almost as good as a header. look at all the good running deeres that have them. look at pictures of SF deeres

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 10:08AM
Will this manifold fit on the 4010-4020 block?

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 10:16AM
these bolt on a 466 7.6 or 8.1 block. dont think it will on a 404

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 10:26AM
What is the best manifold (exhaust and intake) to put on a 4010 that has the 4020-404 sleeve kit in it with the M&W turbo kit. I only use this tractor for farm pulling.

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 01:43PM
I think that would bolt on a 404 block I wouldnt see why not??

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 01:55PM
It should fit on the 404.

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 02:04PM
The ex ports are round on all JD heads and they are the same bolt padders on all small blocks yes they will fit but.....with that manifold on a 4010-4020 you might have to revamp the hood to make it fit at least I did WITH THAT BIG CHARGER!!!!Drinking

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 02:02PM
Yes it will fit on a 4020 head but will have maybe remove hyd valve under hood and route exhaust out rear of hood.

Re: john deere exhaust February 17, 2010 02:07PM
Oh 1 more thing you might have to flip you intake upside down otherwise your really going to have o screw up that hood depending on what kind of charger your putting on if you have any questions give me a call I can help out my Deere buddys!! 920-366-0609

Re: john deere exhaust February 18, 2010 12:31AM
If you run the 7810 1 piece exhaust manifold what intake would you want? a 7810 intake too? I have a 4320 with the original 404 block. thanks jim c

Re: john deere exhaust February 18, 2010 01:38AM
you want to run the aluminum 55 series.

Re: john deere exhaust February 18, 2010 02:10AM
Deereman, what is the early SN for the exhast manifold you are talking about. Thank You, Ben

Re: john deere exhaust February 18, 2010 06:08AM
deere part number for early 7810 exhaust manifold is R131187

Re: john deere exhaust December 12, 2010 01:51PM
With all of this what is the best JD manifolds to use? End dump 9500, 40 series,55 series, 8000 series, that early 7810 one or something else?

Re: john deere exhaust December 14, 2010 01:07PM
Any ideas?

Re: john deere exhaust December 14, 2010 02:40PM
It seems that the most popular (at least for NTPA superfarm) is the 7810 exhaust manifold used with the "marine" front-loading intake manifold. There are a number of successful tractors using the exhaust manifold from a 7720 gas combine. The 7720 manifold works well if you need more room as it brings the turbo out in front of the engine. The 55 series intake manifold is good if you don't want to spend money on the marine intake. It is aluminum so it is easy to take a die grinder after it to smooth out any sharp edges and match it up with the ports on the head. Hope that helps.

Re: john deere exhaust December 14, 2010 02:57PM
if you put a marine intake on a farm stock, 3000 rpm with a 3lm turbo would it do any harm?

Re: john deere exhaust December 15, 2010 07:15AM
So if you use a combine style exhaust manifold is it going to hamper the rear cylinders since the air has further to push to get to the charger? Wouldn't you want your runners to be as short as possible?

Re: john deere exhaust December 15, 2010 02:48PM
Chuck is the marine intake gutted or are they using it as an icebox?? I have been told that they remove the internals and run them hollow. What is the advantage to this?? Is the marine intake normally front loading or was it machined for this??

Re: john deere exhaust December 15, 2010 05:08PM
There would be too much restriction to use a stock type innercooler or icebox in a high performance engine. Besides its not allowed in most classes. The marine intake feeds from the front in its stock location. It would be against the rules that call for OEM manifolds to alter that, I think. I don't know if the marine intake would help on a RPM limited hot farm type tractor. I would certainly say that there are better areas to spend your hard earned money first. Like head, pump, turbo....pretty much everything else. Of course, I am no expert and there are a lot of people with more knowledge than me.

Re: john deere exhaust December 16, 2010 05:46AM
I do not think the marine manifold is worth the expense in a stock or near stock cubic inch application unless they allow you to run the intercooler with ice water. You need to do a lot of work to the inside to get them to work without the cooler in a higher cubic inch class like Super Farm. Most guys started using them because the external intercooler was normally mounted in front of the motor and the marine manifold had a front opening, so you could come right out of your intercooler to the manifold with no turns in the piping. The center inlet is still the best all around manifold if it is reworked a little. I have an aluminum one for sale off the Wolverine Deere II tractor. We installed the marine manifold when we ran the cooler. By the way--you need a lot of side clearance for the marine manifold--it sticks out a lot further than the center inlet manifold!! If anyone is interested in the manifold, call six one six, two nine three, 7770.

Re: john deere exhaust December 16, 2010 10:19AM
Arlyn is a 8.1 intercooler the same as a marine intercooler?? Chuck says the factory marine cooler would have too much restriction to use without gutting. Is that correct?? No offense Chuck , just want a second opinion.

Re: john deere exhaust December 16, 2010 10:35AM
No--the ag intercoolers are tapered to the top and the turbo connects into it with a small adapter. The marine intercooler inlet is actually in the rear, and in the tractor that puts the inlet close to the firewall, so you run the manifold up side down--hence the "front" inlet. Like I said before, they work really nice with a front mounted intercooler. I do not think there would be a 5 HP difference on a small cube motoe vs. the aluminum center dump manifold. Those manifolds outperform almost anything on the dyno. The marine manifold is in the range of about 15 HP better on the bottom, and about 8 HP worse at 3000 RPM than the center dump aluminum manifold on a bored and stroked motor (600 - 640 CI) and cost about $1000 plus machine work. The ag intercooler manifolds are difficult to make work because they stick up to high to get a bigger turbo into them efficiently. Stick with the center dump.

Re: john deere exhaust December 16, 2010 10:59AM
Thank you for the information , you know your intakes. Ok , is there much difference in a center load 55 series intake vs the front load intake that is run on a combine?? Thanks Again.

Re: john deere exhaust December 16, 2010 12:55PM
The biggest problem with the front inlet is the air is traveling at sonic speeds. If you run water it tends to make the front and back cylinders the coolest on almost any manifold, but the front inlet manifolds will have a lot of turbulance in the air making the air getting to each cylinder vary a lot at different RPM's. Look at the aftermarket/home made manifolds on Pro stock Super Stock and especially alcohol tractors--they all put the air in the center. Its just more efficient across the rpm range.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,570, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,834.

Our newest member BadHabit2