perma clutch JD June 29, 2010 02:46AM
i need help ? i have a 4430 jd with a new perma clutch in it but it is slipping when i pull with it is there any way to build this clutch to keep it from slipping. thanks for any help.

Re: perma clutch JD June 29, 2010 03:01AM
Raising the clutch pressure will help some. 200psi or when the filter cover blows off. If you have more power than 2 disks will hold then you can build the pack up using a 4wd clutch hub and make a 4 or 5 disk drive but you loose pto. 2speed will slip next unless you get more disks in it.

Re: perma clutch JD June 29, 2010 03:13AM
Thanks Ag tech but this is all new to me looking for some type of spec sheet to go by.will be doing work myself.

Re: perma clutch JD June 29, 2010 11:15AM
step 1 is too increase your hydraulic pressure using the manual to around 200 psi. You can use shims and/or and extra spring inside. This will let your clutch take about 400 HP.

step 2 is to add a third disc in the traction clutch pack, this will take you to 600 HP
step 3 is to tie the PTO and traction clutch together and make it a 4 disc setup but you will have a full time turning PTO or you can remove it completely. this will take you to 700-800 HP
step 4 is to add a 5th or 6th disc, which will take you to 1000HP.

Re: perma clutch JD June 29, 2010 12:03PM
thank you very much 4430 farmer. I hate to sound so stupid but you can't find much help in the south when it comes to pulling tractors.I'm not sure what you mean by extra springs or shims.if you don't mind could i get a phone number.

Re: perma clutch JD June 30, 2010 08:21AM
I had the two gears welded together, and now I have a 4 disk clutch, but the pto spins all the time, the guy that did that for me is Joe Busch, he is from Boone, IA his # is 515-432-5715 he usually has the gears on hand you send him you old ones that you take out and he will send you one that are already welded together, also you need to make sure that your clutch finger are not hitting on the plate that they are connected too, my were hitting on my 4430, also you will have to change the oil feed on the clutch valve housing and run a new line. Joe can do all of that stuff for you. If you have any questions call Joe he will explain more, so that it makes more sense. I think it cost me about 300 bucks but that was a few yrs ago. Have to call him

Re: perma clutch JD June 30, 2010 02:09PM
Do you have a manual? It tells you how to check and adjust pressure for the perma clutch. This is done at the clutch regulating valve housing. The shim will raise pressure 3-5 psi per shim so you will need 7-10 of them, they are available from your dealer. The regulating valve is located (as if sitting on the tractor) the left side under the battery box on the side of the transmission. There is a plug installed horizontally that is stamped clutch. This is where you install your gauge to check pressure with tractor running at 1900 rpm. Under the clutch pressure plug, mounted vertically, there are 2 more plugs. A real shallow one towards the rear of the tractor and a taller one a few inches tall, the taller one towards the front is the one you install the shims in.

Re: perma clutch JD July 01, 2010 02:29PM
This is all good info and all of its true and possible but you need to remember that this is only good for 3000 rpm. I have seen a perma clutch blow apart and its not pretty. You dont want to be the guy that shows everyone how much of a mess it is for one to wipe your bell housing out.

Re: perma clutch JD June 16, 2019 02:09PM
Hey guys reading the tread i have a 4850 with the 15 speed power shift and i want to get a permaclutch that i can run over 3000 rpm my tractor is adjusted to run 3000 but i definitely want to play it safe thanks

Re: perma clutch JD June 16, 2019 04:17PM
You'd be better off starting with a different tractor and using a dry clutch. Converting your 4850 would take a completely new clutch housing and transmission housing. Go find a worn out 4320, 4520, or 4620.

Re: perma clutch JD June 19, 2019 12:46AM
Darrin Rursch sells all the perma clutch parts made out of billet and sfi approved to handle all the rpms you can throw at them. If your wanting to modify a stock clutch to handle a farm or modified farm setup adding the 3rd disc to the engine clutch side is the simplest way. The only parts you need is 3 new traction discs, 2 new pto floater plates and a little machining on front plate and mid plates of engine clutch.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2