compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 01, 2010 03:15PM
I was just wondering if there was anyone who knew anything about the compact diesel pulling tractors. i have been doing some research and i think they are pretty awesome but i have mostly seen them in Europe. so can anyone tell me much about them?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 01, 2010 03:43PM
here is a video! check it out.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 01, 2010 08:01PM
Hello all
This class is only running in europe.
We have the Brothers Toy.
These are the general rules:
4 cilinder diesel engine max 2500 cc
2 valves pro cilinder
1 turbo size is free
fuel pump free
rpm free
intercooler and water injection alowed
have to look like real tractor
tyres we drive are cepecs they use in the us for the fwd
we use an VW 1.9 tdi engine witch is upgraded to 2 ltr
the engine is making 9500 RPM with bosch a pump and a holset HX 50 charger with intercooler and water injection
wheel speed is a litlle bit over 100 KMH
the weight of the tractors is 600 KG

Best regards Bert Vos
Team brothers toy

www.brotherstoy.nl

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 02, 2010 09:06AM
A mini diesel class would fun as hell. I was just talking with my father in-law the other day on this same subject.. My 3 year old and I attend a lot of pulls during the year and you can see the glimmer in his eye already. This mini diesel would make for a good starter class when he’s older. Why couldn't this compete with the mini modified class? Heck over seas their running a v-12 Allison in the mini class. Is their any other engine combinations aloud in the mini mod class? Maybe there is and I’m missing something. One way or another my kids going to cost me a lot of money down the road. It doesn’t help that his grandpa has an Unlimited Modified Tractor sitting in the shop as well..

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 12:57AM
There are a couple compact diesels that run in the mini modified class for the Keystone Tractor Pullers in pennsylvania.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors September 21, 2013 06:36AM
I am from Southwestern Ontario Canada and we run a mini modified diesel class in our club. These are a 2.3Litre engine max , water injection is allowed along with injection pump mod,s and injectors shimmed. No turbo restrictions run what you want . I run a 4D55 2.3Litre in mine, Strong motor pulls like jack the bear. other mod,s are done also.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 02, 2010 09:39AM
Thank you for the info on your sweet little machine. Just curious, what transmission and rear end do you use?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 02, 2010 10:10AM
They started running a 3cyl compact pro stock class in the us. on the nqs circuit.
Check it out!!

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 06:39AM
the 3 cyl would be cool too! what are the rules and regulations there?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 08:26AM
Here are the 3cyl rules from the NQS web site.

DIESEL RULES: Factory 3 Cylinder air or liquid cooled diesels (no cut down 4 cylinder engines)
1. 75 cubic inch limit
2. Water injection permitted, water or water soluble oil mixture only.
3. Stock head for engine make and model, no external welding except for repair.
4. No overhead cam engines
5. Stock OEM intake and exhaust manifold. Porting and polishing allowed – no tube manifolds.
6. Engine block model and serial numbers must be visible.
7. Stock or Component frame with stock appearing garden, compact or farm tractor sheet metal with
full engine shields (side shields must be a minimum of 1/16” steel or aluminum). Tube chassis must
be covered with sheet metal.
8. No billet fuel injector pumps or electronic fuel injection.
9. Limited to one (1) turbo, no size restriction
10. No intercoolers or ice boxes
11. Kill switch must shut off electric fuel pump and shut air off on compressor side of turbo.
12. Exhaust “L” of turbo must have minimum of 5/16” cross in elbow with exhaust to discharge
vertically.
13. No propane or nitrous of any kind.
14. Must run 1/4” cable around oil pan over top of valve cover in between #1 and #2 cylinder in a
complete circle connected with cable clamps (minimum of two clamps).
15. Steel flywheel required with flywheel inspection hole in bell housing.
16. Flywheel, front cast pulleys and clutch must be shielded 360 degrees with 1/8” steel or 3/16”
aluminum. SFI approved scatter blanket also acceptable.
17. No belt driven cooling fans allowed, must be electric fans.
18. All other general rules apply.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 02, 2010 09:35PM
were having a lada rear axle with planetaires and an opel gearbox and a 8 inch crower clutch 1 plate.

Bert Vos

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 03:51AM
im more into the light limited tractors but these are really cool! what would be a good starter tractor and just wondering but were can you find engine performance parts for lil 3 cyl diesels? i searched around just to see what was out there and i couldnt find much and im pretty interested in these as they would be a great way to step into the world of pulling.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 08:37AM
They are using a Kabota engine. I only know of one person bilding any thing for them, and that is JRS mortorsports. I think he is from ohio.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors July 03, 2010 06:43AM
your website shows your tractor being for sale?? what would something like that go for?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 25, 2010 02:38AM
nebraska garden tractor pullers just added the compact diesel class and was wondering what you would use for a tranny on a tractor like the brothers toy

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 25, 2010 03:21AM
There is a yahoo group just for the diesel pullers. Search yahoo for diesel garden tractor pulling.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 25, 2010 08:39PM
we are driving direct ratio with the brothers toy

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 26, 2010 04:50AM
thank you did bert did you get brothers toy sold yet it is a sweet looking and running tractor

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 26, 2010 08:52AM
this baby here is also for sale:

philip.godenschwager@freenet.de

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 26, 2010 09:08AM
what are the rules for nebraska garden pullers? i went to site and could not find them..thanks

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 26, 2010 11:34AM
Thanks that thing is real nice,,,, how many HP are they making?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 27, 2010 09:18AM
350 and then some...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 26, 2010 12:27PM
what kind of motor is that? also what size turbo does that have? and how is that going to sell for?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 27, 2010 09:24AM
data:
Motor: Rover 2.0 tdi (BMW)
Trans: hmd Reveser Aluminum
Rear: Suzuki SJ 413 (+Kramp Planetaries)
Look: International 3688 ( made bei Van der Waal in NL)
wheels/tires: Dick Cepek + Alu
wheelspeed: 60mph

engine built by Team Vos
- hot cam
- ported head
- bigger / longer valves
- new pistons
- hardened rods
-reworked crank
- big 5-hole injectorsn
-Injection pump with modified 9mm elements - up to 9500 rpm
- Water injection
- water intercooler with circulating water
- HX40 Turbo/ Billet inducer wheel

Prize... make offers - I think from 10k on they'll start to listen

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 03, 2010 02:27PM
I was just wondering in the US i have looked for parts on the net I must not be entering the right thing cant find anyparts...I was wondering if a ford 9 chopped would work and also i have a vw rabbit engine so i was going to use that.. but I am unsure of a transmission... i dnt want to spend money for reverser... would a guy be able to use a 4 speed ? do they make them for the vw? just think of building thanks for any info

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 07, 2010 08:09AM
hi!
THe 9 inch might be a bit big. Isn't there a smaller Ford or Chevy one that came with 4 bangers cars?
Like this one here, we had in the Opel Ascona:

You could probably also go with a Suzuki LJ80 axle in combination with planetaries (MF 35 - cheap replacement parts from China).
The Rabbit engine should be a TDI (direct injection, 1.9 liter) 90 hp - that's what most use here (out of Audi A4, VW Golf/Jetta/Passat/Beetle). As far as I know, some of those cars they were also sold in the US.
Most here run direct drive, so you could go the cheap route and use a coupler only to do neutral - and no reverse gear. Those things are light enough so you can easily push them to the sled....

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 07, 2010 01:33PM
A 7.25 inch toyota out of the pickups is the best. It has a third member like a 9 inch and has lots of ratios available.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 07, 2010 01:49PM
I really like this thread I just had one question why would you need planitaries on such a small puller? Or any puller if I can ask.. I am just a fan of pulling and tring to understand mechanic of it..

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 07, 2010 02:34PM
To keep it simple, using planetaries gears will make your trans-rearend mulitlple times stronger. Some of the compact guys even use them on the on the cub cadet rear ends and take the reduction gears off the front which will make those transmissions seven times stronger and they get a 3 to 1 reduction ratio in the planetaries which gives them a good range of gears to use.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 08, 2010 11:57AM
how is it coupled to the axles? splined coupled? welded? and also do they all use a chrome molly chassis or can a guy use 1" tubing?

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 08, 2010 12:52PM
Your axles shafts are machined and welded to the the sun gear. Some use wedge frames some are tube and some are wide frame cub cadet.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 08, 2010 01:32PM
thank you guys for the info and do you know how many turbo's they run? One, Two? I dnt know how many they could.. Thanks to All who run this site this is a great site that is friendly to all... And Just have to say Thank you to all the Pullers this year that went out and pulled so I could watch.....

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 11, 2010 07:56AM
You can go onto youtube and watch these at columbus ohio. Just type in 2010 Columbus Ohio 1150 class.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 24, 2012 01:01PM
Does anyone know which is the best injector pump for vw 1.9 tdi tractor to make 600 hp at 9000 rpm? does anyone have one for sale?
Ernie

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 24, 2012 01:17PM
My best guess would be a 4 cylinder A Pump. It has the same internals as the 6 cylinder pump and the pump shops have plenty of parts for them.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 24, 2012 01:49PM
9000 rpm is going to take some serious governor work and a lot of very good parts (engine and pump) to live up there.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors November 29, 2012 02:59AM
Contact these guys:
SHPullers@gmx.de

Their website is only in german and they currently play with a 3200 rpm Hot Farm (runner up in german championships the first summer out), but they have most of the info and parts you need for the VW TDIs and do a heck of a nice job.
9400 rpm red line, A pump, ...

[freakshow-pulling.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2012 03:01AM by Sascha.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 11, 2012 11:19AM
Why does it always seem they have more fun in Europe. These compacts look like fun. Wonder why you don't see more here in the US.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors December 12, 2012 04:14AM
Easy answer for you trick puller. they dont have NASCAR ... more time to Focus on sports that matter like pulling and "Football" Bouncing

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors May 10, 2013 02:04PM
does anyone no what i could put for turbo on d950 kubota bigger injectors pump work turns about 4500 rpms

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors August 15, 2015 04:11PM
My dad and I want to build a compact diesel pulling. We are thinking about buying a john Deere 400 for the frame and putting an old cub cadet rear end. But the john Deere 400 3 cyl yanmar is only 54 ci motor. What's the best motor to use closer to 70 cu in? I know the john Deere x740 come with a 3 cyl 68 cu in motor. Any ideas? I could use the help.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors August 15, 2015 06:03PM
russ Nichols has his for sale,isnt to many that look or run better,best of the best

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors September 23, 2013 01:33AM
Check out Daddy's Lil Fawn on Youtube. He is located in Western Pa and will probably give you enough information on the tractor to get started.

Re: compact diesel mini pulling tractors September 26, 2013 09:53AM
larr l
It looks like you're pulling a Diesel Garden Tractor instead of a Compact Diesel. A Garrett GT 12 should work well on your motor. Possibly a GT 15 if you have mods to engine. Watch buying overseas knock off chargers. Garrett is a little pricy but I'd say worth it.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,573, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2