New York diesel oliver March 15, 2011 12:52AM
I heard a while back that burt stannard is helping a guy with a diesel oliver tractor. I also heard the the owner had to give burt some money to get the tractor started. I hope that we will see another new tractor out this year but i also hope that the guy didn't give burt that money with no receipt. I think this tractor could be the one that Dan Thomas is helping out as well, after all Dan and Burt use to be partners. Does anybody know anything about this.

Re: New York diesel oliver March 15, 2011 12:58AM
I know of an Oliver super thats an alky burner. Havent heard about a diesel Oliver

Re: New York diesel oliver March 15, 2011 01:06AM
GO BACK TO DANSVILLE

Re: New York diesel oliver March 15, 2011 06:42AM
My quess is it must be pretty good. Old ron santimore thinks he is going grand national pulling and his tractor probably isn't even at burt's anymore. Keep sending him money ron he will get it done. As far as frenchie ron will never catch him

Re: New York diesel oliver March 19, 2011 02:15PM
i am the one who owns the oliver you are asking about the chassis is 90 percent complete as a rolling chassis motor will be at machine shop very soon trying to decide if im going to set it up as a superfarm or limited pro and yes i have had bumps along the way and have been very frustrated!!! i have stepped back and regrouped my thoughts and ideas and even if i have to finish this build through the summer and winter i will come out strong and looking good in 2012 i hope to see you all at the track and will be in harrisbugh at the keystone nationals!!!!!!!

Re: New York diesel oliver March 19, 2011 02:59PM
Glad to see that an oliver dis. is in the picture do you have any pictures? I am assuming you are using a 3208? 2255 model ?

Re: New York diesel oliver March 20, 2011 02:51AM
yes i have pictures and i was really thinking about the 3208 but i might go with the hercules straight 6 for a few reasons its lighter,more room to work under hood and the 478 hercules was in the 2150 which is the same frame as the 2255 so i could get down to thwe limited pro stock weight with a p pump and 4 inch turbo im hopping to get a shortblock done and in tractor by this summer i might need to regroup from my spending and finish this coming winter i do have pictures and if you wanna come to argyle ny your welcome to come see it

Justin

Re: New York diesel oliver March 20, 2011 03:03AM
There is a 2150 with a Hercules for sale in Pa, the owners name is Jeff, it has been advertised on this site and YTMag. He had some extra motor parts that might be for sale. I don't think he has pulled it very much, but it looks pretty decent and he is a very good to talk to about tractors.

Rich

Re: New York diesel oliver March 20, 2011 04:34AM
The 8.3 cummins is also an option and has a lot of potential. We have one going in our SF for this season.

Re: New York diesel oliver March 20, 2011 01:02PM
can't run a P Pump on a limit pro with anything over 3by4.

Re: New York diesel oliver March 24, 2011 03:02PM
We are in the process of building an Oliver pulling tractor and would like to talk to someone about trany and rearend options

Re: New York diesel oliver March 25, 2011 03:33AM
Saw some Oliver rear parts for sale on here a few weeks back.

Re: New York diesel oliver March 25, 2011 01:30PM
strange brew
We are in the process of building an Oliver pulling tractor and would like to talk to someone about trany and rearend options

What model of oliver are you building and for what class? I may be able to help.

Re: New York diesel oliver March 25, 2011 01:59PM
im building a 2150 with 478 hercules limited pro class with a pump and big turbo or p pump with 3x4 turbo would like to do the minimal like cam,girdle plate,some head work and get it on the track was wondering what that would get me up to for horse power and going to a bigger piston to get my cubic inches up from 478 to atleast 515-520 looking to have fun but dont wanna be cheap and ruin a good block by not doing the build smart

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520