Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 26, 2011 11:55AM
Whats going on that I see these 8500 mod turbo tractors for sale? First it was Travis Eaten's Barely Gettin By John Deere, Now it's Streett Boyz Toy Int. for sale. Who's tractor is next? These are tractors that are close to home that I route for at the pulls.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 26, 2011 01:40PM
"Just Money" is for sale too.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 26, 2011 11:51PM
Travis Eaton's is no longer for sale. He is taking a year off and will be back in 2012, albeit, not as a Mod Turbo. Streett is relocating their trucking business to new property and a new shop so time and money is better spent for the business right now. Just Money I am not sure why but maybe because Streett's are selling. They are stable/hauler mates

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 12:02AM
Do you think this sport is getting out of hand on the money needed to compete?

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 12:07AM
Like any motorsport. Takes money to be at or near the top. Nothing is cheap.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 12:03AM
I want to also add, Streett Boyz Toy and Just Money are both top notch 540 cube Limited Pro tractors. Both run good, hook good, and you won't find 2 tractors as clean and detailed as these two are. Thay have taken alot of time to make these tractors show pieces. They run as good as they look!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 02:16AM
How much are they asking?? I wish they would post the price to eliminate the tirekickers.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 11:01AM
They dont wantta sell to bad ; call em they will have an outrageous price on them

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 11:47AM
It's an outrageous price if you're a tire kicker or you don't have money...

These are top notch tractors that look good and run good. You have no idea the time they have in getting those tractors to where they are. Not to mention, these tractors can compete anywhere. East Coast or in the Mid West. We've seen it in the past...

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 12:14PM
Guess what I'm saying is if theyre $50-60 K I'll call for more information. If they're $70-80 K I won't waste their time

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 01:02PM
I don't think you can build either one like those from scatch for less than 75k, just ask Randy DeVaugh. Sure you can find cheaper ones, but if memory is correct, David Street put more than 10 feet on the 2nd place tractor in the 9000 limited pro class at gordyville. That sould say someting more than just an average tractor.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 01:25PM
you got that right. oh and mines for sale too. the 50-60 guy.... no need to call. maybe try antique or hot farm.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 27, 2011 01:57PM
thats why alot of people quit because of comments like that.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 12:56AM
not tryin to discourage anyone just stating the facts. i just put one together. ive been around a couple of profarms being put together also. not hard to get 50-60k in one of those if you want to be competitive. keep on pullinSmoking

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 03:39AM
Well Old Timer...If a couple of realistic comments make some quit, then maybe they aren't being realistic. Maybe they don't have the tolerance for pulling...this sport costs money...

If you want to compete in the top 5, you're going to have to spend some money...That's the bottom line.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 04:50AM
old timer is exactly correct. why are there very few pro,, super tractors running in md, va, pa. ?? answer is simple,,i dont know anyone that ever wants second place,,, example= the martins,,, 4 ,,count them ,4 john deere tractors,top running for this area, who wants to keep going to pulls to compete in that class when you know as your driving to the pull ,that if ,the martins are there,as they will be,,,, the chasnces are very slim that you will actually win,,,,, its called big money,,!!!! fact,,!,,and guys have gotten tired of that,, they have in my opinion, ruined that class, i know there will be disagreement with this,however,,,most will and do feel the same way,, another reason that i like the interstate classes,,,,mod turbo,,,light limited,anyone can win ,,anywhere ,,anytime,,,fact,great competition..pro, super class may have ,,4 to 7 tractors this summer,,,what a shame. thanks for the space

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 06:30AM
Where have you been? Yes mod turbo and light limited are very competitive. This post started about interstate tractors and the cost. The tractors that win regularly in light limited (smokey, Ben, Jeff and lutman's) are probaly the highest dollar tractors in the class. It is just a fact that tractor pulling takes time, skill and money to win. You also have got to love it because of the number of pulls. I wonder if burnout from the shear number of hooks is to blame for alot of people dropping out. It is just another hobby and like most big boy games the person who wants to spend the most time and money usually wins. Just the truth like it or not.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 07:07AM
just to clear the air i did not leave state for fear of the martins. The martins are great competitors with top knotch equipment. It is kind of tough to compete with a 4 tractor team but it makes it interesting. i just think mod turbo is as close a competition as anywhere in the country and a whole lot more challenging. At the pro super level i was always workin on my tractor with breakage, my budget wouldn't allow that. WHEN i return to state it wont smoke.....

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 11:43AM
Will you run your limited pro this summer if you don't sell it?? Why not run a few NTPA lite pro hooks? Is the tractor ready to hook now??

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 09:47AM
I shouldn't even respond here but I am going to. Robert Martin and family has earned every win the team has gotten. Now, this year they are branching out and pulling elsewhere, at least with 2 of their tractors, so that should bring the competitors back right? I doubt it. Economics might play a role too. I know a couple are coming back after a brief hiatus. 2 new JD are being built and hopefully will be out by late season to make some runs. We'll have 2 good running Alcohol New Holland Supers in the mix as well and a Alky IH hopefully will be back in the near future, The class is not dead, Martin's have not ruined the class and that statement is uncalled for. Yes we have lost a couple IH Supers to breakage a couple seasons ago but rest assured they will be back. Not everyone can rebuild with the snap of a finger. I am sure Ralphy will return to East Coast in the future, I wont let him stay away too long :-)

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 11:38AM
How many of these Martins are there??. Just curious what drives a guy to have four pulling tractors??

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 02:05PM
I have a couple of theories on why one would have four tractors in the same class:

First, I bleieve Robert Martin has a number of sons. I don't know if all of them pull but I would guess they do or soon will be. Three sons plus dad= four tractors = four drivers.

Second, economies of scale. If they are identically prepared prostocks you can carry extra parts that will work on any of the tractors.

Third, scheduling/logistics. If you are going to have four tractors they might as well be in the same class so you don't have to drive to more than one event for different classes.

Fourth and probably lowest on my list is competitive advantage. Quite simply you get four runs on the track and each driver should learn from the other. How many times have you made a pass and told yourself, I wish I wouldnt have moved those weights, need more/less air, move further left/right.

There is no doubt Martins have a pile of green $$ but that doesnt make them bad people and they can spend their $ how they want. I have talked to Robert Martin and he is one of the nicest people I have met in the sport.

DPS

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 11:53PM
There are 2 sons. Bobby the oldest son and Josh is the younger son. Bobby will drive Dairy Deere on occasions but mostly, Josh runs Dairy Deere and Think Green and Robert runs That Darn Deere (his 1st Pro Stock) and John Deere Green. Any of the tractors can win anywhere, anytime.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 11:54PM by J R.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 12:08PM
lets see bradish recycled red shows up at deep creek beats martins five times with rehook if remember correctiy east coast pull.martins show up at canfield smoker series dont think they had any in top five. the western boys seem to have them coverd. it would be nice to see more of pullers like hildenbrand and bradish show at some east coast pulls

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 12:48PM
i expected many excuses,, and they are coming out, if the martins are going to run 2 tractors elsewhere, its stands the reason, who wants to go to a pull with 4 tractors,and pull against possibly 1 or 2 other competitors??thats whats going to happen. money and money almost always buys first place,,, its a fact !. and j r,,, its not uncalled for,what i stated was my opinion, to which i have and you have in this great country.randy, i didnt mean to make it seem as if the martins were ur reason for moving on, but, how many times did you,,,or, any other tractor in the class at most small md, va, pulls beat the martins?? i know for fact how it feels to have that feeling of another wishful winning day at the pull ,,when you have millionare type spenders out there,,been there,done it,,,,,,why i quit,,,,again, i am sure i will get some heat over this ,but,,,its opinion,to which i am entitled,thanks for the posting space

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 01:39PM
I agree with you somewhat. I really don't understand why one person or family puts multiple tractors in the same class.[just my opinion] I am not talking just Martins but other people as well. A couple years ago Hot Iron[forrestors] seemed to hand it to everyone but now they seem to be having some problems not sure what. I know the Case from up north made some people sweat a little when he shows up and when Randy was running he was always right there.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 28, 2011 01:57PM
I would think you would build for the same class so 1) all adjustments can be made as the class goes on 2) definitely know that so many are in the class 3) parts should be closer to the same buy them in bulk maybe save a nickel or two and lastly as long as they foot the bill pull what you want.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 29, 2011 12:24AM
Why wouldn't you run in the same class? It would be hard to be in two places at once. Why do you think the moores switched ONE Moore Deer to a protock a few years back? So they could go to pulls together and help each other out. Before anyone starts the Moores are coming back they just sold the old tractors so they could build new componet tractors. As far as the Martins go, great family, love to pull as a family and they worked hard to get where they are, so if they want four pulling tractors so be it. I know it gets frustrating not winning but thats life. Tractor pulling is a hobby you got to love. End of story.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 29, 2011 01:14AM
I hear a lot of winey crybabbies on here. I hardly know the Martins but think they have added a lot to this sport NOT taken away. If you think they have ruined your class then you are a quiter and were looking for a way out because your a sore looser.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 29, 2011 02:09AM
I think only one person criticized Martins so I don't think everyone is holding anything against them. I know what you guys are saying about being in the same class and I agree when you have a dad and sons or brothers or sisters but why have one guy run his tail off to have a couple tractors in same class. I agree on the parts part look at Evermans that is why they are doing what they are. Best of luck to everyone this year and with the price of fuel everyone will have to carpool to save some money.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 30, 2011 03:09AM
anyone know anybody that has alot of extra money that would want to sponsor a mod turbo or limited pro tractor?

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? April 30, 2011 11:23PM
Well Mike, you got your facts wrong. The Martins were there for the entire event to show support for their fellow pullers of all colors.

Re: Whats up with all these pulling tractors for sale? May 01, 2011 01:35AM
Obviously you anti Martin people have never taken the time to visit with them. About 10 years ago a friend and I where in the Chambersburg area and we decided to go see the Martins. We showed up at their farm unannounced and found them outside their shop. Now they could have given us a cold shoulder but they did just the opposite. They invited us in and showed us the tractors (two at that time) and we talked pulling for a while. I have seen them at several pulls and they have always taken time to visit. Last year they came from a pull in Bloomsburg to a pull in Meshoppen the next day. The track in Meshoppen is not the best track and I'm sure the money was not the best by far. They showed up with two tractors and one tractor broke and they placed with the other one. The point is they showed up to support a sport they love. They are very good people and if anything they were a big part in making the East Coast series a success. I call this negative attitude against The Martins the Jimmy Johnson syndrome. If you're a winner you have some fans that want you to lose and some fans that want you to win. Best of luck to the Martin Family where ever you pull!

Re: martin pulling team May 02, 2011 08:30AM
does anyone know if the martins are pulling smoker series, or another circuit this year instead of the east coast? or are they just going to random pulls, just curious?

Re: martin pulling team May 03, 2011 12:08AM
They have two signed up with Full Pull smoker series.

Re: martin pulling team---Great People---Thumbs Up May 03, 2011 01:36AM
I guess I’m a little lost on the trashing of the Martin Family. Every time I’ve had a chance to talk to Robert Sr. or any of the Martins they have been really nice upstanding people dedicated to the sport. A true credit to pulling! They come to every event with 4 top level PS tractors.

Would you like them better if they had only three tractors or maybe just two, come on, they are great people with great running tractors. A class act!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: martin pulling team---Great People---Thumbs Up May 03, 2011 03:07AM
Dick, I think it is a simple case of the have and the have nots and the have nots are jealous.

DPS

Re: martin pulling team May 03, 2011 04:18AM
THANKS BOBBYM.

Re: martin pulling team May 03, 2011 01:12PM
well put dick We had the chance to pull in that class last year at keystone 2010 was the first we met them great people the sport could use more of them they had trouble getting one started we offered help they really thanked us at the end of the nite

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2