Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 15, 2011 05:35AM
Pullers headed to the PA POWER PULLS at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds in New Castle, Pennsylvania for Friday night need to be aware of a major travel obstacle en route. Route 388 that comes up from Route 422 at the Sheetz Store is CLOSED. A bridge is under repair on Route 388. The marked detour takes you on some very narrow roads and is not recommended for pullers.

We recommend that all pullers access the Lawrence County Fairgrounds via Route 108 by getting off Interstate 79 at Exit #105, the Slippery Rock Exit, and proceeded west for ten miles on PA Route 108. This will take you directly to the Fairgrounds. Go past the Fairgrounds and make the very first left which will put you at the back (Pit) gate. Route 108 is a good road with no low underpasses or narrow bridges.

Also as of Wednesday NOON, the weather does look much better for the Lawrence County Power Pull. Accuweather has lowered the ‘chance of rain’ to just 20% after 3:00pm and has taken rain out of the forecast after 9:00pm on Friday night. The pull is set to start at 7:00pm

Class order:

TRACK ONE – NEAR TO THE GRANDSTAND
STIMMELL’S ‘TRACK BOSS IV’ WEIGHT TRANSFER
6500 lb. PRO STREET GAS 4x4 TRUCKS
10000 lb. ‘HOT FARM’ TRACTOR
8000 lb. PRO STOCK DIESEL 4x4 TRUCKS

TRACK TWO– NEAR TO THE INFIELD
WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA ANTIQUE PULLERS WEIGHT TRANSFER
8000 lb. STREET LEGAL DIESEL 4x4 TRUCKS (w/o Front Weights)
6500 lb. ANTIQUE V-8 TRACTOR
6200 lb. STREET LEGAL GASOLINE 4x4 TRUCKS (w/o Front Weights)

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 15, 2011 12:25PM
Another option is to turn north from St Rt 422 onto St Rt 19, just east of I-79, this will take you to Harlansburg PA which is the intersection of 108 and 19, then turn left (east), and follow the directions above to the fairgrounds.

Also beaware that the ramp from I-79 south to 422 east is closed, so if you are headed south from Erie way, it would be best to get off at Slippery Rock and use 108 as stated in the post above.

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 17, 2011 04:52PM
I just wanted to write to say thank you to the Lawrence County Fairgrounds for hosting this pull in association with Western PA Antique Tractor Pullers and USA East. Pull ran very smoothly. I pulled tonight and had a great time. Terrific turnout, grandstands were packed even the overflow stands on either end of the track were full. I couldn't even find a empty seat in the stands on the Pit side of the track. Would have liked to have seen another tractor class or Semi's pull. Thank you all for your time and effort. It was appreciated.

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 18, 2011 03:22AM
Hello Rick, Why did Street Legal Gas 4x4 and Street Legal Diesel 4x4 pull, but not Farmstock on the same sled? Instead the V-8 Antiques pulled? How do you choose which classes to pull at an event?

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 18, 2011 06:50AM
tractor class was slated for "Hot Farm" tractors. NW PA rules permit farm tractors to jump up with a 500 lb. advantage. we had no idea of what to expect with the "Hot Farms" since this is not a class that is normally run with USA-EAST. thanks.

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 19, 2011 09:41AM
Sorry, I meant that I noticed there was a stock class for every enhanced class. Street 4x4 classes (gas and diesel) then you had the Pro 4x4 class (gas and diesel) which was the equivalent. So for the tractor's, why was there not a stock class to counter the Hot Farm class? Who decided the classes to pull that night?

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 19, 2011 10:10AM
sorry - missed your point. the Fair chose all of the non-USA-EAST classes with some input from FPP. there will be a chance for all stock tractors to particpate during the annual Lawrence County Fair in mid-August.

Re: Lawrence Co. Power Pull - Travel Restrictions June 19, 2011 01:00PM
I agree! We pulled and had a great time. USA East always puts on a good show. Like to see them include Hot Farm at more of their events, if possible. Thanks to all who made it happen. Art & Randy

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,606, Posts: 229,658, Members: 3,323.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,884.

Our newest member JD_8520