virus March 27, 2020 04:48PM
with everything getting canceled what will the season look like.. Thoughts ???

Re: virus March 27, 2020 04:58PM
My thought is that it won't be a good season for any organization or any puller. And our sport is not alone. The main thing is let's all pray for the people that have the virus and that they may get well. This is serious for everyone.

Re: virus March 27, 2020 11:53PM
As the virus outbreak continues to grow and the U.S. has the most confirmed cases in the world (and climbing), my fear is that some of us won't be alive to see tractor pulling whenever it does resume. If our young people and all politicians cannot get their act together, there are going to be a number of Americans who cannot get the ventilator and ICU bed they will need. Be careful everyone.

Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 02:03AM
I believe that we here in the US were exposed to this virus way back in the late fall and were passing the illness off as just another bug. There is no way this bug is spreading as fast as we are discovering new cases. Especially with all the measures we are taking here in the US to prevent the spread. I believe that its already made its rounds for the most part, and due to mass testing, we are now becoming Aware of what is already among us. Just what I see and observe. Praying for the world and an end to this mess. Be safe everyone.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 02:24AM
I don't think any data, reports or information supports your post. If it's been since fall why are we now somehow seeing more hospitalizions, more deaths. This did not grow stronger. No this got here after it started overseas. It was brought here by the traveling public. So it's has to run its course. It started in a wet market in China and is running around the world.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 04:48AM
Yeah, I don't believe the last Fall theory either. This originated in China in late November and was extremely isolated for the first month to month and a half. It didn't make it to our shores until the outbreak was well underway in China in mid-January at the earliest.

Yes, lots of people had some unknown bug in the Fall and Winter... there are tons of unknown viruses every year, all over the world. Again, it happens every year, and most are fairly benign. There are strains of the common flu that aren't the ones that the flu vaccine protects against. This virus is different, it' a totally different beast.

As David B said, if it was here in the Fall we would have seen a large uptick in hospitalizations, pneumonia deaths, etc... We didn't.

The biggest problem with this virus is the unknowns. We just don't know enough about it yet. We don't know if we have any immunity to it long-term: none of us might, some of us might... we just don't know. That's the biggest factor in this whole thing.. Long-term immunity. Yes, the hospitalization rate is very worrying, yes the death rate is worrying, but the re-infection rate is probably the biggest factor long-term. Unfortunately, because China is continuing to lie and spread disinformation we really don't have a good handle on those numbers yet.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 05:34AM
I would be interested in China's real numbers. As bad as it has broken out in other countries with strict policies, you can't tell me China doesn't have more than 80,000 cases. China censored their citizens about the virus for a month.

China cares more about their image than their citizens or the truth.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 06:00AM
mgdoug3
I would be interested in China's real numbers. As bad as it has broken out in other countries with strict policies, you can't tell me China doesn't have more than 80,000 cases. China censored their citizens about the virus for a month.

China cares more about their image than their citizens or the truth.

We will never know China's real numbers....Lots seem to worry that they are going to die but I sleep good at night...None will die before its their time..I'm down to my last few years in life and if its my time,theres not much thats going to stop it..So far the closest deaths are over 100 miles away..

As for pulling season its just too early to tell..My area isn't hard hit and there could possibly be a few antique pulls later in the year...They never have much of a crowd and it the $10 hook fee pays for the pull..As for state and national level pulling its anyones guess at this point..If there are some pulls,I'm predicting poor crowds because of fear and lack of money-etc....

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 29, 2020 05:39AM
No worries here. Trump says it's no worse than the flu. And that we don't need ventilators. And that there is a cure coming very soon. And that we'll be open for Easter. The reason people aren't taking this seriously is because our Commander in Chief has done nothing except lie about it from the start.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? April 05, 2020 06:38AM
Grubby, It would be nice if even one thing you posted was true, but it's not. No need for liberal lies here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 06:40AM by toolz.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? April 08, 2020 04:33PM
toolz
Grubby, It would be nice if even one thing you posted was true, but it's not. No need for liberal lies here.

He's probably related to Dan.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 06:01AM
They won’t stay home until it hits home and they lose a loved one

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 08:59AM
Jake Morgan
Yeah, I don't believe the last Fall theory either. This originated in China in late November and was extremely isolated for the first month to month and a half. It didn't make it to our shores until the outbreak was well underway in China in mid-January at the earliest.

Yes, lots of people had some unknown bug in the Fall and Winter... there are tons of unknown viruses every year, all over the world. Again, it happens every year, and most are fairly benign. There are strains of the common flu that aren't the ones that the flu vaccine protects against. This virus is different, it' a totally different beast.

As David B said, if it was here in the Fall we would have seen a large uptick in hospitalizations, pneumonia deaths, etc... We didn't.

The biggest problem with this virus is the unknowns. We just don't know enough about it yet. We don't know if we have any immunity to it long-term: none of us might, some of us might... we just don't know. That's the biggest factor in this whole thing.. Long-term immunity. Yes, the hospitalization rate is very worrying, yes the death rate is worrying, but the re-infection rate is probably the biggest factor long-term. Unfortunately, because China is continuing to lie and spread disinformation we really don't have a good handle on those numbers yet.

Our driver and partner Nic had that bug (if it was the same bug) on and off all winter. And we'd been working together on the tractor at least half of the winter. I told him one day that I didn't like the sound of his cough and maybe he should see the Dr.. Well he finally got rid of it. And also, he never ran a fever with it.The thing is I never did get it. Or get what he had. I had a very light cough that only lasted about 3 days and that was it. Now I would think that if it had been COVID-19, I should have been exposed greatly to it and came down with it also since it's supposed to be so contagious. Along with my wife and our son who is living at home with us currently.

So far in Logan County, Illinois there are no positives. But as fast as this thing spreads, that could change. Please everyone, stay safe and healthy.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 12:28PM
Supports my post. It was nothing but a question and everyone's thoughts. I never said everything will be canceled put your glasses on

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 07:49AM
I believe this has been hear since last November also,maybe even before.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 09:04AM
John Deere Man
I believe this has been hear since last November also,maybe even before.
Are you saying you believe it started here in the US? (The experts who have back traced it think that's the time frame it started/transferred to humans)
or
Are you saying that China's Dr's/Medical System are better than our Dr's/Medical System? (The Dr that first identified that it was a new (novel) virus was in Wuhan China, were American Dr's too dumb to notice it was something new?)
or
Are you saying we were immune to it in 2019... but now it's growing/mutated and we lost immunity?

None of those make sense, lets use logic and data.

You're entitled to your beliefs, but there is zero evidence to support those beliefs. During the Fall 2019 time frame in the US there were: No increase of pneumonia cases in the US, no increase of symptoms in the US, no increase in hospitalizations in the US, nothing... no evidence to support that it was here in the Fall of 2019 ("or before"). ALL of the evidence supports a Chinese origin and importation to our country in early to mid Jan 2020... not 2019. Again, you can believe whatever you want, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Flat Earth, etc... I prefer to look at the evidence and data. ALL of that points to China dropping the ball on this in Dec 2019.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 10:48AM
I think this was about a month earlier than 12/19.I can't see the intire US being covered up in 60 days.And I believe the huge spread was caused when the liberal part of the government scared people into flocking to stores and spreading this,so maybe you can understand my reazoning and maybe not? Believe what you want ,I'll bet there's more to this than you or I know.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 12:52PM
There's definitely more going on that we know, that we can agree on. This virus is not a liberal virus, it's simply a virus. Are people trying to exploit this crisis? Sure, but that's irrelevant to the facts about the virus. I don't care about the political BS, that's not what we're discussing.

Again, facts and logic don't support anything you believe. The data shows it wasn't here. There was no measurable impact in the time frame you mention. Your reasoning is unsupported and flawed. Let me summarize your thoughts:

People were sick with something before 12/19... it must have been the corona virus.
let me put it another way:
The tooth disappeared from under my pillow... therefore the tooth fairy must be real.

When you don't pay attention to the other important facts it's easy to draw the wrong hypothesis. Again, the medical data prior to 2020 doesn't support anything you beleive. You seem to continually gloss over the important facts. Facts and data matter. The facts don't support your theory.

As for spread in 60 days:
[www.youtube.com]
Now take that with our interstate system, our airports, our gas stations, our hotels, restaurants, and our mobility in the US and you can easily see how things spread quickly... exponentially. My father mentioned this to me on the phone today...it's a very simple example of how this works, start with a penny and double your money every day for 30 days. It's only a little penny right... 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 cents, etc... on day 11 you only have $10.24 not too impressive right? By day 30 you have $5,368,709.12 All from that little penny. How did the virus spread so fast in 60 days... well that's how.

For those who believe this has been in the US sincle last year, please look at the facts. There's only one logical conclusion.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 05:03PM
Just a few things to think about. The Corona virus has mutated or changed a few times already. If it was here in November, could it not have changed a few times since then? Maybe it started out not as severe, but every time it mutates, it gets worse and more deadly? I dont know. No tests were here for it then.

Does the government not have their hands in everything? I cant think of anything they dont control or manipulate. Look at farming. 2019 overall was pretty shitty. Between flooding, late planting, prevent plant, and poor test weight it was not good. Yes, some were good, but overall it was poor. Just when the price I would come up, oh, crop report comes out. Tons of planted acres, crops look excellent. Price drops. That's what the government wants. You think the Democrats want a good economy? No, they want Trump to fail. Lowest unemployment in 50 some years. I cant honestly say I dont think they have something to do with covid-19.

And to the ones out there complaining about people not staying home. U think quarantine is the answer? In WI, basically the essential business stays open. Farms, milkmen, milk plants, healthcare, hardware stores, restaurants for carryout, truckers. Basically schools, the mall, small shops, restaurants without carryout, (all are affected. So say the kids and mom are at home, dad goes to work and brings it home. (Virus) Wife goes to get groceries or what not, and spreads it. Only way quarantine would work is if u went to work, u have to eat and sleep at work. I'm sure the health care is spreading it. Point is,some people have to go to work. It's going to get spread. I feel it will be a slower pace, but it will linger on and on. I dont think this is going to be over anytime soon. Your not going to be able to shut everything down, it's not possible. I'm smart about where I go, and who I visit.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 06:24PM
Ha just a thought. You are not smart enough to even have a thought. It WAS not here in the fall. It was not here in the fall.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 11:47PM
Dummy....would love to know why I'm not smart enough to have a thought? I bet your a real piece of work....probably still live at home with your parents and your a keyboard puller.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 29, 2020 12:35AM
There are two trains of the virus "L" and "S". Both strains cause severe symptoms. Again, if it were here in late Fall we would have seen an uptick in pneumonia cases and hospitalizations. We didin't. It started in late 2019 in China. China. Wuhan China. Communist China. The Peoples Republic of China. There is Zero evidence to speculate otherwise: Zero, 0, zip, zilch, none, not even a little, not one shred. ALL the evidence point to China. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand, it really is the equivalent of a Flat Earther. Your gut feeling is wrong, look at the data.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 10:10AM
Another face
I believe that we here in the US were exposed to this virus way back in the late fall and were passing the illness off as just another bug. There is no way this bug is spreading as fast as we are discovering new cases. Especially with all the measures we are taking here in the US to prevent the spread. I believe that its already made its rounds for the most part, and due to mass testing, we are now becoming Aware of what is already among us. Just what I see and observe. Praying for the world and an end to this mess. Be safe everyone.

So basically, you're just going to believe what you want to believe. Maybe this is based on a woman's Facebook post that Georgia woman shared and then it went viral? Well that woman is not a virologist, epidemiologist. She is just the town gossip.

"It's already made the rounds for the most part. Just what I see and observe." Well, what are you waiting for? You better high tail it down to Atlanta and help out the CDC! Go tell them you got it all figgered out.

Re: Rapid spread? Maybe not? March 28, 2020 11:14AM
Patient Zero

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: virus March 28, 2020 02:25AM
It’s troubling that some in Washington DC have threatened Washington state by withholding critical medical supplies. Just because of a political tiff.

Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 02:55AM
David b, I dont know where you are from. I am from Ohio, The Ohio director of health is predicting that we will see 10,000 NEW CASES PER DAY!! by May. With the isolation. Measures that we are taking here in Ohio, there is no way I see possible to spread the virus to 10,000 NEW people PER DAY! To answer your question about why are we just now seeing all the hospitalizations and new cases? Its because of the mass testing that we are doing here in the US. Because of the mass testing we now know that the US now leads the world in KNOWN CASES. If this all "Started in China" and it spreads so rapidly, then why isn't the other country's that supposedly had this before we did, not wiped from humanity? Especially China! I believe that I can answer that, it has been here longer than people know. Due to the mass testing, we are now informed of the masses of people who have it, Lord only knows how many 100s of thousands of Americans have already been exposed to this and have recovered with no serious problems. At the end of the day, we will see how this stacks up to some of the flu bugs from the past. The truth will be revealed in time. Keep watch and be safe. Covid19 is a virus to take seriously. As so are many others.

Re: Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 05:48AM
it is spreading fast because about 20% of Americans feel entitled and continue to do as they please,hope they get the message soon,(if you know what I mean).People still flying and partying like nothing matters, sure it has been cut down - but too late to stop it as it could have been,The reason it spreads is not because good people stay home and think like mature folks, some ast like "normal" and are ignorant and self focused brats that we have raised with no consequences and political correctness and open borders.

Re: Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 06:05AM
The open border that gave us corvid 19 was China, South Korea, Italy. What can you do about that, nothing. You can pretend that it came from Mexico but it didn't.

Re: Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 06:36AM
Testing is the game changer and we’re not doing it. We’re going to end up like Spain and Italy because we’re not testing. Do you know anyone in US that has been tested? That’s why Germany and South Korea were able to flatten the curve because they tested and they figured out where and what was going on and when. You can’t shoot zombies if you don’t know where they’re hiding. It’s all about getting plenty of data in order to make good decisions. It’s why we put data loggers on our tractors... in order to see what’s going on and learn and make changes. We need to be doing the same with our country.

Re: Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 09:38AM
"That’s why Germany and South Korea were able to flatten the curve because they tested and they figured out where and what was going on and when."

I wish we would have really flattened it by now... We are still a long way from reaching the capacity of our health system (our air force flying in sick people from Italy and France) - but all numbers still keep rising. Not at fast as in the US (when adjusted to population size) but we just got the news that at least until the end of April nothing will change in regards to "staying on the couch"...
We're currently testing at about the same speed as the US (since it's not centrally organized they cannot really tell who many at the moment, but they suggest half a million per week now, doubling that by next week. Even the VET labs are getting involved now).

"then why isn't the other country's that supposedly had this before we did, not wiped from humanity?"

Some others have tried to track down everyone infected they could find and put them into quarantine in February already.

We had this sh*t very well under control until "our" people coming home from skiing in the Alps in Italy and Austria spread it all over the country by the hundreds.
Especially one bar / club in Tyrol must have been the hot bed of the infection the way it looks. A lot could be traced back to one particular dance club.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2020 09:58AM by Sascha.

Re: Hundreds of thousands infected. March 28, 2020 06:38AM
I meant all those that fly in here stay and refuse shots for kids and spread all kinds of crap, this is not the only issue, just for now it is front page, we all run to the dr. for every little cough sneeze and cut, making us weak by nature's standards.Being a very mobile society we make many problems worse.Blaming where it came from has no merits, we have it that is all that matters, making immune weeds, mice and rats also with our need to control and be "clean" is changing other venues as well. Not opinion, just facts, no good can be accomplished without equal negative, no free lunches, nothing is pure gain in Life.

Re: virus March 28, 2020 08:36AM
gonzo 1066
It’s troubling that some in Washington DC have threatened Washington state by withholding critical medical supplies. Just because of a political tiff.

Lots of lies,mis-truths,and half-truths are being spread by the news media and places like Huffington Post and Yahoo..Lots of governors and mayors are trying to blame Washington DC because they themselves dropped the ball and couldn't make tough decisions,didnt order supplies-etc..The mayor of New Orleans is blaming Washington DC because she held Mardi Gras and its now caused lots of problems..She could have cancelled it anytime that she wanted to,but she didnt want to lose the revenue..

Let' list all the stupidness and get it over with. March 28, 2020 09:09AM
Let's list everything and get back to reality. 1: it's been hear ( here ) for a long time. 2: it's a sinister plot by Italy, China. South Korea and more, plotting against Trump. 3: it's the libels and fake news that are making it worse. 4: 5G 5: the border (pick one, any one) 6: it's not real, all fake 7: and any other nuttyness that works for you. And please post it hear. I mean here.

Re: Let' list all the stupidness and get it over with. March 28, 2020 11:32AM
Countrys dont get shut down because something is nothing you better take that fake news as you call it and get serious fitz people like you are the ones that will keep spreding the crap

Re: Let' list all the stupidness and get it over with. March 28, 2020 11:42AM
Lewis, let me help you here, now stay with and I will type slooowly. It's a joke, or in the grown-up world, satire. Satire defined as a spoof, or saying something so ridiculous that no one would take it seriously.

Re: Let' list all the stupidness and get it over with. March 28, 2020 12:54PM
KOOL i was hopeing you wasnt some idiot that went to Mardi gras or down town New York that decided to come to my home town wanting to fish in Lake Cumberland and spred that shitt around like some Dumb Asses did today buying buying there temp fishing licences diesel fuel will take care of the crabs or mainge but this is much more serious

Re: virus March 28, 2020 12:32PM
All I was asking was how many events during pulling season be canceled or changed because of this I never asked where it came from or anything else. Just wanted thoughts on what people think will happen this pulling season

Re: virus March 28, 2020 01:00PM
Harold,

I think it disrupts at least the first half of the season. Maybe the whole thing. I'd love to think we'll be hanging out together in BG this summer harrasing Joe, but I'm not too confident of that right now. If an effective treatment can be found (proven) we'll slowly start things back up, whether we're at the apex of the infection curve or not. Much of the official wording from the White House seems to indicate that we should expect some forms of social distancing for 12-18 months... until a vaccine is readily available. That doesn't sound positive for sporting events.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2020 01:02PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: virus March 28, 2020 03:29PM
Jake I totally agree. Unnecessary gatherings of more than 50 people will be the last thing to come back,and as much as i think tractor pulling is essential I bet most of the States Governors do not. For sure our state of New York does not. I hope i am wrong but common sense tells me I am not, but here in New York I believe the 2020 season is over.

Re: virus March 29, 2020 02:28AM
Jason and Sascha,

I completely agree, mass gathering will be the last restriction lifted. Our government has already said as much, saying that we should expect restrictions until a vaccine is readily available to all Americans (probably 12-18 months). In my opinion, the one thing that could change that would be if an effective treatment that minimizes hospitalizations is found. Hospitalizations are our key concern (if our death rate stays low), and if we have a proven treatment that keeps people out of the Hospitals then we'll see life return much closer to normal. To me that's a very big IF... it feels like a magic bullet but I'm hoping something is proven to be an effective treatment.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: virus March 29, 2020 05:50AM
Jake Morgan
Jason and Sascha,

I completely agree, mass gathering will be the last restriction lifted. Our government has already said as much, saying that we should expect restrictions until a vaccine is readily available to all Americans (probably 12-18 months). In my opinion, the one thing that could change that would be if an effective treatment that minimizes hospitalizations is found. Hospitalizations are our key concern (if our death rate stays low), and if we have a proven treatment that keeps people out of the Hospitals then we'll see life return much closer to normal. To me that's a very big IF... it feels like a magic bullet but I'm hoping something is proven to be an effective treatment.

Very well stated.

Hopefully everyone will continue to social distance and help get this thing under control and support our Governors and President in their efforts.

Definitely time to take a closer look at alot of things we take for granted: freely traveling in and out of the USA, salad bars, buffets, and the hot dog roller grills at the gas stations.

Many of our US manufacturers are stepping up to produce needed medical equipment, protective equipment etc. for the current shortage.
Probably a good time to look at bringing alot of our critical medicine production etc. back home to be made in the USA.

In the present, let's do all we can do for the elderly and high risk citizens to keep them from getting this terrible virus.

On a lighter note, how many rolls of toilet paper does the average human need monthly?Winking

Re: virus March 30, 2020 03:11PM
hard to say what will happen . i do hope to spend time together in BG

Re: virus March 28, 2020 09:12PM
Harold,

the plan is to keep the virus under control. That means to track down all who have it and then quarantine them. This until there is a vaccine or there are so many immune, the virus can't spread anymore.
To "keep track" also means once you are infected and went to a tractor pull, you could have potentially infected several hundred others and it would be impossible to "track" all those. So I am pretty sure "mass gatherings" are a long way away...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: virus March 29, 2020 12:50AM
some pretty interesting thoughts here, that's for sure. If the virus stays mostly in Chicago we might have some later season pulling, BUT with the numbers exploding every day who knows. in all reality if i were betting, i don't see any way there will be anything this summer

Re: virus March 29, 2020 04:54AM
what the heck do you mean if it stays in chicago???????????????????????????????????????????????????? some people's kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!20% of us are still acting like this is candy pass around time at the kindergarten festival.To the young gal on the news and Dr, phil, hope her lungs burst and bleed til she sees the light. "CAN'T TAKE MY FREEDOM" Nature is the great equalizer like one woman said, not many liked that, The truth is still the truth.

Re: virus March 29, 2020 05:58AM
My thoughts are the house is burning and we continue to play politics.

Re: virus March 29, 2020 11:03AM
Huh? You talking English?... Most of the cases in Illinois are in Chicago...

Re: virus April 01, 2020 09:16PM
I said I'll be back when there was "good" news from here.

Well.. the curve is flattened, even though they expect to have only caught 2/3rds of the infected with symptoms with an estimated number of 500,000 - 750,000 tests a week and the numbers currently standing at 78k tested positive, 21k healed, 930 death and app 2000 hospitalized (and not sure - but app 500 on ventilators) in a population 1/4th of the US.

The other good news is, in Germany, we luckily kind of got a grip on this, before it got totally out of control and there is a chance we actually have enough ventilators and ICU beds.
So far the health system is not under stress (except for 3 or 4 individual hospitals in hot spots which are now distributing to other hospitals in the region) and we're still taking patients from Italy, France and the Netherlands. This will change within the next two weeks though and it's going to get tough.

The aim now is to keep social distancing etc. in place until the spreading rate is way below one (a newly infected infects less than 1 other) and below 1000 "active" cases. This is AT LEAST 2 months away.
After that, as I already predicted on the 28th, it's back to track and isolate newly infected. The current thought is, that we'll go through a period with again open restaurants and people back at work but "no mass gatherings" until either sometime middle or late next year or until a vaccine is found. So basically, big events canceled until next year.
What could help is the new phone app. for the EU here that traces back contacts of infected people. It took a while to get an app created, which would comply with our data protection laws (Governments and companies are not allowed to store any private personal data without consent). This would help the tracing tremendously.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 09:42PM by Sascha.

Re: virus April 05, 2020 07:38AM
Thanks Sascha.... and there's this too (which we don't have in US): "Maybe our biggest strength in Germany,” said the head of virology at University Hospital in Heidelberg, Professor Kräusslich, “is the rational decision-making at the highest level of government combined with the trust the government enjoys in the population.”

Re: virus April 05, 2020 11:24PM
I have been tracking the numbers for like two weeks now and well... everything is slowing down. This still means we have several weeks before we can go back to normal, but - light at the end of the tunnel.
We have now tested 918,000 people - 11,000 per one million (US 5400 per one million) 4000 still in critical condition, and 27800 recovered. 19 dead per 1 mio people (US 29 - which is still LOW).

There is a pretty neat chart if you scroll down a little at [www.worldometers.info] where you can compare numbers.

Our hardware stores opened up again Saturday and Austria (which is in a similar situation) is going to open up small stores again after Easter. They are even talking about having events again "late in summer".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 06:59AM by Sascha.

Re: virus April 15, 2020 06:30AM
Some updates from Germany:

Still on low death toll, flying in patients from and ventilators out to other European countries. 10,000 free ICU beds with ventilators still.
Numbers are going down, first restrictions were already lifted and keep getting lifted. Social distancing will stay in place until the beginning of May though but the normal stores will open again next week.
That said - big events are suspended until 31st of August, so most of the Pulling season is shot.

Re: virus May 04, 2020 07:53PM
My state is going to open up restaurants and all shops from next monday on, as the number of new cases is way down now and several counties here in the area had no more new cases for over a week now.
Mass gatherings might be banned until there is a vaccine though and even the 2021 season could be delayed / canceled.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,571, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2