Sundays April 12, 2020 01:27PM
One good thing I hope comes out of all this Coronavirus stuff is we keep Sunday sacred and closed for business the way it used to be.. Today, especially, reminds me how it used to be when everything was shut down on Sundays and nobody had to work. I can buy everything I need during the other 6 days of the week. I don't need no stinking Walmart open all the time, nor do I need Amazon delivering stuff 7 days a week. I can manage just fine with 6 days. Give me a day to take it easy again. Give others the day off too so they don't have to work all the time for the MAN. You wanna make America great again - bring back the blue laws. Give Sunday back to God. IMO

Re: Sundays April 12, 2020 01:56PM
Amen !!!!

Re: Sundays April 15, 2020 01:23PM
I can remember. Growing up, our Sundays were a day of rest and enjoyment. We usually got together with some neighbor kids and played ball or something fun. That was back when we had a farm with six or eight kids on every quarter section. Now we are lucky if there are five kids in 10 square miles. It does disturb me that so many act as if Sunday is just another day of the week. I agree we don't need more laws and regulations in our country, but I think we are as individuals can make the right choice to restrain from unnecessary work and causing others to work. Side note do any of you think that we might start to repopulate the rural area a little because of the quick virus spread in urban areas? We still do not have one case of covid 19 in our county

Re: Sundays April 12, 2020 01:57PM
I agree with you 100%. People haven't gotten any farther ahead financially having their business open 7 days a week, but we as a nation have pretty much forgotten God and his book. If the people of this nation had Christ as their Savior, they wouldn't fear death as they do now and we may not be in this mess.

Re: Sundays April 12, 2020 02:11PM
AMEN!!

Re: Sundays April 12, 2020 03:04PM
AMEN!!!

Re: Sundays April 13, 2020 01:44PM
Mike P
One good thing I hope comes out of all this Coronavirus stuff is we keep Sunday sacred and closed for business the way it used to be.. Today, especially, reminds me how it used to be when everything was shut down on Sundays and nobody had to work. I can buy everything I need during the other 6 days of the week. I don't need no stinking Walmart open all the time, nor do I need Amazon delivering stuff 7 days a week. I can manage just fine with 6 days. Give me a day to take it easy again. Give others the day off too so they don't have to work all the time for the MAN. You wanna make America great again - bring back the blue laws. Give Sunday back to God. IMO

I was talking to my wife about this the other day. It is great seeing stores closed on Sundays (unfortunate circumstances). Stores around me are also opening later and closing earlier. It won’t stay like this but I’d sure like to see it happen.

Re: Sundays April 13, 2020 02:10PM
Mike P

AMEN!!!!! In God we trust!

Re: Sundays April 13, 2020 07:43PM
Funny - here everything is generally closed on Sundays and usually US tourists give us a hard time because of that. I am glad to see our reasoning does seem to make sense for some others across the pond, too Winking

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 01:30AM
Mike P
You wanna make America great again - bring back the blue laws.
No thanks, we don't need more laws that take away Freedoms. Especially right now when the Government is trampling all over our rights. We need smaller Government, not more. Laws are not the solution to every problem. Personal accountability and personal responsibility should govern more of our society rather than an elite elected/appointed/ruling class.

That said...

My wife and I set aside Sundays about 5 or 6 years ago. We don’t shop, we don’t go out to eat, we don’t buy anything unless it’s an absolute emergency because we don’t want to make others work on Sunday either. It's our small way to let society know that it’s still a special day, a day God asked us to set aside.

We try to only work on fun projects that aren’t “work”, but rather, things we just like to do (I will mow the lawn, do a little chainsawing, gardening, or small projects that I feel like tinkering on because I enjoy doing those things and they can help relax me or clear my head). Usually those actual work projects can wait a day or two and it keeps our family in a mindset that it’s a special day. About once a month my wife and I do a group bike ride after Church with some friends, and although it can be tiring and physically demanding it never feels like work mentally and it’s a great stress reliever.

Our biggest hurdle will be kids sports… my wife grew up with her parents not letting her play sports on Sunday and it’s something that we hope to continue with our kids to teach them about the importance of setting the day aside. She didn’t like it as a kid but in hindsight it was a huge blessing. It may seem like a contradiction for us to go for an occasional bike ride on Sunday but not allow our kids to play sports on Sunday, but it’s about the mindset and motivation behind the activity and not being legalistic about the activity itself. It’s about passing on our values to the kids.

We’ve tried to set the day aside as special as best as we can. We try to not be legalistic about it but we’re pretty consistent with keeping our calendars as free as possible. I don’t think most people around us understand it but we try to do our part to keep it a day of rest. It does take a little extra planning but it’s worth it and my wife and I both feel like it’s been a huge blessing since we started it.

When society finally goes back to normal Sundays will be just like any other day unless we do our part to change our individual habits.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 01:47AM
You are setting a good example
We all should follow this as much as we possibly can
Thanks Jake

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 01:54AM
Especially the "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" aspect of social interactions on all levels.Consequences have flown the coup.

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 09:51AM
To Gods Messenger - lol well of course there are defenses to it. Wouldn’t want hospitals to shut down on Sunday would you?

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 07:58AM
I am all for personal freedoms and everyone making their own choices when it comes to how they treat their Sundays, but expecting the country to return to treating Sundays as the lord's day, seems a little ridiculous to me. People should make those decisions and are free to do so, but before we start "preaching" about people's personal activities using religion as the reasoning, we need to demonstrate the truthfulness of the claim. Neither morality or legality should be dictated by a claim that is unsubstantiated.

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 09:12AM
And on the 7th day the Lord rested --- the Bible says so --- if he said it ( and he did ) thats the way it is---- period -- end of discussion, there is no defense to it !!!!

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 10:28AM
The human that wrote the bible could have been dyslexic, then what? Was it God or Dog?

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 10:29AM
You infidels amaze me. Why does anyone have to prove ANYTHING to you? Why don't you prove God doesn't exist?! Why is it NOT substantiated, because YOU say it isn't? Who are you but some sinner headed for judgement like the rest of us? (Daniel 12:2-3)

Proving God exists to an infidel is like you convincing us you're smart, when the Bible says you're a fool! (Psalm 53:1, Roman's 1:22 and many other references)

Re: Sundays April 14, 2020 01:29PM
From a societal standpoint I do think it’s important to just slow down from time to time. We’ve just gotten so busy and so distracted as a society. Setting aside a consistent day to slow down (no matter what your beliefs) is an excellent way to regroup and it’s been proven to help with productivity throughout the rest of the week.

I think this virus shutdown can be a way for us to reset and look at what’s really important in our lives: for some that’s turning to God, and for some that’s just spending quality time with our loved ones, and for some it’s both. I know there will be hardships coming, but good can come from this too if we look for it.

As for the Sabbath... I’m no theologian… but from a theological standpoint, I don’t think keeping the Sabbath is required for Christians. I think it’s more of a covenant between God and Israel and not us Gentiles. We’re saved by grace and not the law of the old testament. After-all, Jesus did heal on the Sabbath. That said, those laws are still useful guidelines for us to look towards, honestly I think were much better when we personally (individually) choose to live by them. This is one I’ve chosen to do my best to honor and it’s been a blessing for my family.

My wife and I prayed about it individually and we just both felt like it was something we were being called to do. The fact that we both came to the same conclusion after prayer was enough confirmation for us to make this small sacrifice (we do really miss getting donuts after church). For us it’s more of weekly public declaration of our faith. Much like baptism is a one-time public declaration, this is our way to speak with our actions week after week.

Again, we can all decide for ourselves and make choices to slow down (on whatever day we see fit).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Sundays April 15, 2020 12:24AM
From genesis to revelation - the only day of worship is the seventh day sabbath. It was Gods day of rest before Abraham or his descendants were around. It was the day Jesus, his apostles, and the early christian church kept. Nowhere does the bible show any change of the sabbath. It was changed several centuries after Jesus by the roman church - to promote unity between Christians and Pagans - just like Christmas and Easter - neither are christian in origin - both are pagan sun worship festivals. People worship Jesus by watching the sunrise and celebrate his birth day and the same day as ancient sun worshipers celebrated the suns birthday.

Its no wonder so many atheists and christian haters exist - people who claim to follow Jesus and the bible - totally ignore the book they claim to follow and celebrate pagan sun worship holidays.

Paul - the apostle that all modern christians try to show did away with any law- kept the seventh day sabbath and the biblical holy days.

I just find it funny how people who claim to be followers of Jesus and who profess to love Jesus, dont do what he said which is keep his commandments. Also, it seems that all christians who claim to follow Jesus spend much of their time trying to prove that the things he said dont apply to them.

Re: Sundays April 15, 2020 12:22PM
Perhaps you should do a little Bible study. Paul kept the sabbath BEFORE his conversion, not after. Paul preached on "the first day of the week". The disciples met on the first day of the week. (John 20:19, 26) Paul's "order" to the churches of Galatia was "up on the first day of the week". This all took place after the Resurrection as Christ had fulfilled the law. (Roman's 8:1-4, Galatians 3:13). The whole book of Galatians speaks to the fact of faith instead of the law. Sabbath keeping came with the law, that law was done away in Christ. (Ephesians 2:14-15). All references given were written by Paul.

Paul did not teach the keeping of Holidays after his conversion, he left that up to each individual, although he tended to lean against it himself. (Roman's 14:5-8, Galatians 4: 10-11, Colossians 2:16)

As for the term Sun-day, you are correct on that. The Bible term is "first day of the week).Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays historically, as no one that's spent much time in the Bible would think Christ was born on Dec 25th. However, that doesn't mean as a Christian we can't enjoy those days in the right way. We have liberty in Christ and are not under the curse of the law!!

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 12:09AM
If we want to get technical about it, for early followers of Christ the Sabbath was on Saturday not Sunday. The story of Easter is a good example of this. Jesus died on Friday and was quickly buried in the tomb before the Sabbath. No one visited Him on the next day (the Sabbath) and there were no activities on that day, but He was visited on Sunday and most of us know the rest of the story!

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 12:36AM
Of course the Sabbath was on Saturday. Orthadox Jews still worship on the Sabbath that's why the new testament says "first day of the week". Christ is the "Lord of the sabbath" (Matthew 12:1-8), therefore he did away with it as he is "the end of the law...(Roman's 10:4)

As for crucifixion on Friday, could you explain "three days and three nights" (Matthew 12:40) Friday to Sunday morning? There is no way he was crucified on Friday! When they showed up at the tomb "when it was yet dark" (John 20:1), "very early in the morning" (Luke 24:1) on Sunday morning, he was already resurrected!

There is no such thing as "good friday"! What is so "good" about crucifying the only righteous man that ever lived? That is nothing but religious superstition! He was not crucified on Friday!

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 01:26AM
Let's keep the discussion fun and uplifting... these details are interesting, but they aren't salvation issues.

A Friday crucifixion or was it Thursday? Does it really matter? I don't know, but I don't think it's bad to celebrate Good Friday in remembrance. If you want to personally reflect on Thursday instead, go for it! I don't think God will be upset as long as your heart is set on Him. What is "good" about it? Well, it was the moment that the Law was fulfilled... finished... John 19:30. I believe it's the finite point where the Law ended. The Law could never atone for man's sin and it was the end of that era. His resurrection was obviously important and necessary, but the exact point of his resurrection is not accounted for in the Bible... the moment of his last breath was. It's was utterly sad yet it's the the point where we were redeemed (as was the repentant thief on the cross next to Jesus), what is more "good" than that? Redeemed!

As for a Sunday Sabbath vs Saturday... yes Saturday is the only true Sabbath for Jews according to the law. There is no Christian Sabbath spoken about in the New Testament, but again I don't think it's a bad thing to set aside a day to slow down and reflect. For my family, we do it on Sunday, it's what works for us. It's a tradition in the modern world and not a commandment, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, traditions can be wonderful things as an act of worship, celebration, and reflection it just depends on where your heart is when you do it... Christmas is one example, we take a day to reflect on the birth of our savior knowing full well that he was most likely born in the late Summer or early Autumn when the shepherds were actually in the fields with their flocks. It's the reflection of his birth that's important... not the actual date.

Is our modern society going to shutdown on Sundays again? No, we won't, it would be nice, and we should slow down from our business but we won't. Should we reflect on God more? I sure wish we would.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 03:25AM
Well if it wasn't three days and three nights then Jesus Christ is a liar (Matthew 12:40), so was the apostle Paul 1Corinthians 15:4). Otherwise it's the good Friday crowd.

I'm amazed how flippantly some people approach the Bible and what God says, and how upset those same people are over this virus going around! You do know that most of the Bible is not fun and uplifting don't you? That's why most don't read it. It skins me nearly every time I pick it up.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for the mechanical ability of the people in this sport, always have! Their ability to tune, repair, maintain, etc. equipment is amazing to me. And I will say if they were as haphazard with their machines as most are with the Bible they would blow up before they got 100' down the track!

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 04:06AM
My salvation isn`t dependent on Thursday vs. Friday.

Sure, the Bible isn`t all sunshine and lollipops, but if being redeemed and reconciled back to the Father even though we didn`t deserve it isn't uplifting then you`re missing the point.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Sundays April 15, 2020 02:44PM
I am not a religious person but I agree. There is nothing I get from Amazon on a Sunday that couldn't wait until Monday.

Re: Sundays April 16, 2020 05:57AM
Soillpullfan, I agree! However. I just want to share something with you. I dont consider myself as a "religious person" either. Religion in and of itself does nothing for ones salvation. I am a sinner just like everyone else in the world. I do however, know Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. Maybe you already do know Christ as your own personal Lord and Savior? However if not, I encourage you to seek him and the truth as found in the Word of God, the Holy Bible. Best regards. I will be Praying for all the world and all the sicknesses within, as well as the unsaved to come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.
rw

Re: Sundays April 19, 2020 12:27PM
Sundays are the days when I work on the puller. Shop is quiet, nobody calls etc. My best fabrication happens on Sunday.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2