Do you suspect you had Covid-19? May 04, 2020 07:55AM
Out of curiosity (especially if you had a flu shot), does anyone on here suspect they or a family member had Covid-19, even if it was before the first official cases in your area?

For example, a good friend's brother passed away in late February. After the fact, some of his issues sound suspiciously like coronavirus even though that was before it was supposed to be in my state. At that time, I don't believe they thought of testing for it.

Personally, I had to get a flu shot for work. A week before the end of February, I came down with something for about 10 days. It could be a type of cold, I don't know... but it shouldn't have been the flu.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2020 07:58AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Do you suspect you had Covid-19? May 04, 2020 08:01AM
?????????????????????????????

Re: Do you suspect you had Covid-19? May 04, 2020 08:26AM
My wife had a mean version of the flu in February, about a week after passing through Chicago airport. It was missing quite a few typical flu symptoms, and had here too weak to make it to the bathroom on her own. I took her to urgent care, they said it was "severe respiratory influenza" or something to that effect.

It was about 10 days until she was completely over it. I took care of her hand and foot, with no significant precautions. Neither I or any of our kids, or anyone else that it could have been transmitted to ever showed any symptoms of getting it.

Re: Do you suspect you had Covid-19? May 04, 2020 10:10AM
Yes I believe 2 of my Daughters had it in late Jan early Feb. They both had the symptoms and took 8 or 9 days to get over. Both after being on separate vacations.

Re: Do you suspect you had Covid-19? May 04, 2020 10:38AM
My wife and I both had something nasty the end of February and in to early March...I doubt that it was Covid-19 because we had no lung problems..Neither of us get a flu shot..

If Covid-19 was around in January-February why weren't the hospitals over run sooner in NYC? Covid-19 hasn't been a big issue in my rural area..Only 3 deaths so far in a large area around me and they were over 3 weeks ago from older people with health issues....Theres not many world travelers in my area to bring a virus...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2