sarcastically saying March 13, 2022 03:08PM
If you don't have your electric motor ready for your pulling vehicle yet then you are a knuckle dragger. I have one on order(I don't remember who I ordered it from) and it comes with an intercooler and 4 turbos but no batteries.

Re: sarcastically saying March 13, 2022 04:21PM
Perfect I have a ground driven twin turbo setup plus the 20v dewalt batteries to run it if anyone is interested.

Re: sarcastically saying March 13, 2022 11:17PM
I’m going with a solar generator

Re: sarcastically saying March 13, 2022 11:50PM
Snicker all you want

I remember when radial tires, disk brakes, fuel injection, automatics transmissions in heavy trucks, would never work.

[www.bobcat.com]

[www.fendt.com]

[www.casece.com]

[www.jcb.com]

[www.bobcat.com]

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 02:26AM
I will not disagree that it is trending that direction, but if the switch is truly on, I'm out. Not interested in the electric pulling world.

The use of renewable fuels.............I may be able to get behind that idea. At least it would give the appearance of much like what we have today.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 03:11AM
I hear ya, I just don't under estimate the technology, someone will make it work.

The indoor pulls track equipment, would a prefect place to prove the concept. (Less fumes/ noise/ fuel, just plug it in between sessions, and walk away).

A electric sled could be interesting.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 03:27AM
Would someone please tell me where and how all this free clean green wall plugin energy is going to be produced. Ain't happini'n folks, we got no nucs working overtime to make needed power now, any comprehension of wall plugins needed to replace millions of gallons of gas and diesel daily !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the tiny plots with solar and wind mills don't make a drop in the bucket compared to a few loads of fuel. Oh- and the batteries just show up on the shelves at the auto stores too, forgot that little piece of the puzzle.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 03:35AM
Cant speak on the rest of the country however, in the last 5 years (in my neck of the woods), a hydro electric dam, 100 plus wind mills and acres of solar panels are now on line. Must have added some power, to the grid.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 04:16AM
Dont kid yourself Lefsa. It may be in your back yard, but the power is going to a big city! They don't want to have the stuff in their back yard, but support using millions of acres of farm land and ship the power to a big city somewhere so they can pat themselves on their back! I have seen this in the UP of Michigan---but the power going to Detroit! They don't want to drill for oil, or mine coal, but they support mining the rare earth minerals that is in every solar panel, because it is not in "their back yard" and they bury wore out windmills and are ok with some future generation dealing with that pollution!

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 04:31AM
As long as the big city pays their light bills, who cares. Makes a nice dividend check, from the COOP.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 06:42AM
solar panels and windmills make such a small difference it is a damned small drop in the bucket,not sure on total production numbers, but it ain't much !!!!!!!!!! And with the cost of driving these days, how many have slowed down to safe 20-25 % just by speed alone alone, not counting making less trips, Americans are dumb as hell, till it is too late to help self, history repeats itself and is fast doing that. EV cars are the answer, just ask anyone, they will tell you how wonderful it is to plug into the wall and get it for free, clean green like someone else already remarked, Chanfe takes time and diversity is the answer, hybrid vehicles are way more common sense, make the batteries a little bigger, and the engines a little smaller, best of both worlds, but some want you dependent on the gov, not a good idea overall, remember the Man of the yrs, winner, back a few decades.

Re: sarcastically saying March 17, 2022 03:51AM
Solar and wind made up 11% of our electricity generation more than half of all renewable sources. All renewable sources generate roughly 20% of our electricity.

Not to say that those numbers would have to dramatically increase should we put the added load of EVs on it as well. But it's doable and should have been done long ago.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 02:40AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Cant speak on the rest of the country however, in the last 5 years (in my neck of the woods), a hydro electric dam, 100 plus wind mills and acres of solar panels are now on line. Must have added some power, to the grid.

Its not standby power!!! Since the sun dont always shine, its lower in the winter and the wind dont blow, mostly at night it actually costs the electric company money.

Yes the damn electricity is standby.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 03:00AM
Good thing were on day light savings time, then.

As far as the winter wind doesn't blow at night in Wisconsin, you have faulty information.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 03:52AM
Solar is a hot button issue nearly, literally at my back door. The north end of the road I live on there's some ground that was brought before planning and zoning to become a solar farm. I have heard lease rates for 25 years at 800 to 1800 per acre, with the power being sent to Northern Kentucky, however they make that happen on the grid. That batch of ground failed to meet zoning approval but another 1000 acres of a potential 7500 acres has been approved. Personally I prefer the farm ground of course but if I am choosing neighbors I'll choose some solar panels over a subdivision all day, every day. The ones bickering about the solar panels are worried about the aesthetics and loss of farm ground....but when 1000 houses get built those houses are there for good...town comes to the country and brings their traffic, their crime, and their culture. Be careful what you wish for. I also choose the property rights of the land owner to do as they wish so long as they're operating within the law. We're faced with some major changes in my county in the next five years with a pair of lithium battery factories going in on 1500 acres of the best farm ground in this part of the world. 5 billion dollar investment 5000 new jobs (which we don't have the labor force for, creating a need for more housing for incoming hires)...it's the 800lb gorilla that's been ignored for 20 years; the ground was purchased then for a Hyundai plant that fell through and farmed/leased all this time.

Progress, they call it.

Re: sarcastically saying March 14, 2022 04:49AM
Midwest has an electric gt for 10 years now +/-,its extremely impressive,and makes weight..very odd hearing the tires humming and nothing else

Re: sarcastically saying March 15, 2022 01:02PM
You have a big power source sprouting up south of Lincoln Clark.... lol Hope you and your neighbors go kick that guys gluteos maximus for selling that land. All prime Logan County Illinois farmland now rendered useless by solar farm. How many acres is that thing Clark?

Re: sarcastically saying March 15, 2022 02:04PM
I believe it is 3,000 acres.

Re: sarcastically saying March 15, 2022 02:12PM
F-30puller
You have a big power source sprouting up south of Lincoln Clark.... lol Hope you and your neighbors go kick that guys gluteos maximus for selling that land. All prime Logan County Illinois farmland now rendered useless by solar farm. How many acres is that thing Clark?

I am not sure the land was sold. It may have been leased.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 02:00AM
Clark we have them going up all over up here in northwestern corner of Illinois. I heard lease was around 800-900 an acre fo 30 years. You can't farm it for the price there paying. Just wait a few years , people think grocery store prices are high now.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 02:51AM
It would take something like 25,000 square miles of solar panels to power the U.S. That is the size of West Virginia. And that does not include the added demand if every car, tractor, truck, lawn mower, generator, etc went electric like they want.

It is all an unobtainable joke.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 01:16PM
And we haven’t even discussed the substations and transmission lines that will have to be built,
Why was it when ethanol production was ramped up using corn to produce it, with valuable livestock feed as a byproduct, we were going to starve the children, but taking thousands of acres of some of the most productive ground in the world out of production permanently is a good thing?

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 01:35PM
Dirtfarmer
And we haven’t even discussed the substations and transmission lines that will have to be built,
Why was it when ethanol production was ramped up using corn to produce it, with valuable livestock feed as a byproduct, we were going to starve the children, but taking thousands of acres of some of the most productive ground in the world out of production permanently is a good thing?

Truck drivers and farmers are their own worst enemies

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 03:53AM
And when the 30 yrs is up, then what? Be another 30 before the land is productive again.... at least... More sheeple fed a line of horse apples...

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 10:04AM
To me, putting the solar panels over good crop ground is a huge waste. If you want to put them on top of buildings or things like that, go for it. I think the bigger problem is these contracts. They are guaranteeing big money for long terms, but what happens when they go bankrupt. When happens when that contract keeps getting bought out. That happened just north of where I am. The 1st contract buyout was done before they ever started working. And the crews they have coming to install the solar panels aren't doing the community any favors either. As for the electric pulling tractor, would it really be that bad? I really don't think a class or 2 of electric tractors would be that bad. I can respect what people can do with batteries and electric motors. It's out of my wheelhouse, but is still neat. Will it replace what we got, nope. Most of the current classes we have are not going anywhere anytime soon. I have also seen some electric super chargers that were impressive for what they are.

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 02:18PM
avercusauto
To me, putting the solar panels over good crop ground is a huge waste. If you want to put them on top of buildings or things like that, go for it. I think the bigger problem is these contracts. They are guaranteeing big money for long terms, but what happens when they go bankrupt.

EXACTLY!

Re: sarcastically saying March 16, 2022 02:14PM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Clark we have them going up all over up here in northwestern corner of Illinois. I heard lease was around 800-900 an acre fo 30 years. You can't farm it for the price there paying. Just wait a few years , people think grocery store prices are high now.

And that's why I won't LEASE anything to anyone that wants to put a "permanent" structure on ground that I own or inherited. When those that are paying that price for a lease go broke, who is going to pay for the removal of that structure after I am gone?

Re: sarcastically saying March 17, 2022 12:03AM
[www.energy.gov]

Re: sarcastically saying March 17, 2022 12:13AM
Supertiquer

And that's why I won't LEASE anything to anyone that wants to put a "permanent" structure on ground that I own or inherited. When those that are paying that price for a lease go broke, who is going to pay for the removal of that structure after I am gone?

How dare you think about the distant future.... It's the immediate future that's important..... going with the title of this thread...

Re: sarcastically saying March 17, 2022 12:09AM
Everyone needs to do some research with current lithium mining technology, the equipment burns more fuel and makes more co2 emissions making one battery than the gasoline car does in its lifetime. That’s not even counting the recharging. It’s all about the money. Is govt. officials are invested in Chinese lithium production companies where they will be produced with no pollution concerns then shipped to the us. Why do you think we had to get out of Afghanistan the deal was already made with China to mine the Afghan lithium and the us had to get out of the way

Re: sarcastically saying March 17, 2022 12:14AM
[www.wpr.org]

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 02:58AM
lutefisk and lefsa
[www.wpr.org]

Right in the video, arsenic is naturally occurring, why dont you discuss all the heavy, toxic materials use to produce solar panels? You are funny!

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 03:12AM
Did you miss the part, were the company went Bankrupt, and now the taxpayers are stuck cleaning up the mess?

A little more light reading, for you.

[www.autoweek.com]

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 03:43AM
Did you miss the part when the taxpayers had to clean up the Exxon Valdez and BP crap in the gulf? Or the tens of thousands of leaks on the Alaska pipeline?

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 04:30AM
There are no gains without losses, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. DUH !!!!!!! Everyone wants something for nothing, - ain't part of reality, people wake up, where is EV power coming from.

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 05:19AM
The real question is, will solar out live tractor pulling?

More than one fair association, is broke or close to it.

A 30 year lease to cover grounds with solar panels, would be hard to turn down.

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 09:01AM
lutefisk and lefsa
The real question is, will solar out live tractor pulling?

More than one fair association, is broke or close to it.

A 30 year lease to cover grounds with solar panels, would be hard to turn down.

And then what, just close their fair? At that point it ceases to be a non profit organization as I assume most fairs are. I know fairs have to make money, you're preaching to the choir here, but if money is the number one thing it's about, why even have a fair? If a fair is owned by the county or community then they can decide what's best, but the group that's in charge will forever be the group that gave up on their fair.

I'm not opposed to solar, I bet there are plenty of fair buildings around that could get a deal to put solar panels on roofs. Not give up on the whole thing.

Re: sarcastically saying March 18, 2022 10:26AM
Yes, harsh as it sounds.

The nonprofit status will remain, the lease money will go right to school sports teams, scholarships, fire departments, hospitals etc.

No more smaller crowds to worry about, begging sponsors, dealing with pandemics, noise complaints, safety concerns, insurance , employee costs increasing, building upkeep and the carnival jacking up their price, due to fuel costs.

And after all that, it will rain 1 or 2 of the 5 days.

And saving some family farm, from being taken out of production.

The moral here, is pulling is a hobby, be grateful not demanding.

Re: sarcastically saying March 19, 2022 01:55AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Did you miss the part, were the company went Bankrupt, and now the taxpayers are stuck cleaning up the mess?

A little more light reading, for you.

[www.autoweek.com]

Did you know without taxpayer support nearly zero solar farms would go up and I see you did not respond to the toxic manufacturing of said panels.

Re: sarcastically saying March 19, 2022 02:25AM
With a solar land lease, in the family you might say, I am very well informed.

[oilprice.com]

Re: sarcastically saying March 19, 2022 10:11AM
We have solar on our shop roof, one set for the shop and one set for the house. Most months our bill is a little over $11, that is for reading the meter I believe.

I have an acquaintance that sells and installs solar in Massachusetts and had been doing some commercial solar fields. A few years ago the state of Massachusetts passed a law prohibiting the commercial fields as they were eating up too much land mass. He now can only sell systems for homes and commercial buildings.

I'm very surprised that we aren't seeing these giant wearhouses completely covered with panels.

S'no Farmer

Re: sarcastically saying March 19, 2022 12:44PM
That would be perfectly acceptable

Re: sarcastically saying March 19, 2022 02:12PM
if a lot of people starts using solar panels and having 11 dollar electric bills the government will come up with some kind of tax charge for sun light hours or something

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 01:36AM
[www.cnn.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 03:38AM
lutefisk and lefsa
[www.cnn.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Very funny, lying CNN !!!!! They cant put solar panels on the roof , its that damn gravity!!! Seriously the current roofs werent designed for the dam heavy things.

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 03:32AM
lutefisk and lefsa
With a solar land lease, in the family you might say, I am very well informed.

[oilprice.com]

So you admit that there is a subsidy on solar panels because they cant pay for themselves??? That video claim is funny!!! If the grid is going to depend on 44% of its energy coming from an unreliable source, its not standby, we are in huge trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 03:46AM
Sorry I'm getting back to you late, I was out picking out my new electric pickup.

Just passing on the info, cherry pick all you want.

I have had 3 pulling vehicle's in my life, solar panels will not be my worst investment.

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 04:53AM
solar panels can't pay the interest on the initial investment, let alone upkeep costs and maintenance.

Re: sarcastically saying March 20, 2022 04:58AM
Had a pulling truck like that. LOL

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 01:54AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Sorry I'm getting back to you late, I was out picking out my new electric pickup.

Just passing on the info, cherry pick all you want.

I have had 3 pulling vehicle's in my life, solar panels will not be my worst investment.

Just curious what it will cost you an acre to clean up the old panels if you want to convert your land back to farming because you are the one stuck with the bill.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 02:20AM
Sample lease verbiage.

The Solar Cleanup Phase – Solar Panel Removal

The solar leasing process can be divided into four phases – the development phase, the construction phase, the operations phase, and the decommissioning phase, also known as the cleanup phase. The answer to this question involves the cleanup phase. At the conclusion of the lease term, which normally lasts around 25 years, the solar developer is responsible for the removal of solar panels and the decommissioning of all equipment and materials related to the solar project. This is true whether the lease expires or is terminated. Equipment not only includes the solar panels on your land, but also racking materials, wiring, inverters, and fencing.

The landowner should not be responsible for removing any of this equipment in order to restore their land to its pre-lease condition. The cleanup phase can take up to 12 months following the solar lease end date and signifies the official conclusion of the project. You can see an example below from a solar lease agreement LandGate uses with our clients and you can view a sample of a full solar lease option here. You’ll notice section 17 of this lease deals with the “Removal of the Project.” This clause specifies that the lessee must sever, disconnect, and remove the project and all of the lessee’s property from the landowner’s property and restore the property to its original condition. It also cites that the developer, not the lessee, is responsible for any costs associated with the removal efforts.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 04:47AM
putting much hope for fulfillment of said contract leaves much to be desired. Bankruptcy changes all. Remember that these are gov't ment funded projects so many times the rules are much different than for - say us common folks. Just saying, I warned you.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 05:33AM
So now, the electric COOP's are going bankrupt?

Based of what facts?

Is government involved yes, just like the CRP program.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 11:33AM
How many of these solar farms are developed by electric coops? If the developer takes bankruptcy, do you think there will be money available to remove the panels?
Lots of times the actual owner changes several times, with each getting a piece of the tax benefits involved. So the chances you will be dealing with the same people at the end of the project that you were at the beginning are questionable at best.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 11:55AM
Do you have a solar farm in the immediate family? I do.

Were is your proof?

Before you answer, remember,

(Corporations may sue for defamation if they can show that the published material has caused them or is likely to cause them financial loss.

If the required elements exist, a corporate plaintiff may recover presumed damages

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 12:00PM
Lefsaoooplsafuski -get off the high horse noitall theroy, we are talking principles here, no one is named, no one has a finger at them, just common past sense, history lesson for the day,it's all good til the block breaks at the cam line and the 1/16 inch side shields hold er in.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 12:11PM
No Corporation, was named yet.

So, your welcome.

Re: sarcastically saying March 21, 2022 12:45PM
I'm just shocked no one has punted this s#$!-show to the Off-Topic Forum yet and I'm getting close.

CP

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 03:01AM
lutefisk and lefsa
So now, the electric COOP's are going bankrupt?

Based of what facts?

Is government involved yes, just like the CRP program.

This subsidy is not the same as CRP, not even close!!! I hope I dont need to spell it out.

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 03:20AM
Keep telling your self that, still taxpayer funded.

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 03:04AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Sample lease verbiage.

The Solar Cleanup Phase – Solar Panel Removal

The solar leasing process can be divided into four phases – the development phase, the construction phase, the operations phase, and the decommissioning phase, also known as the cleanup phase. The answer to this question involves the cleanup phase. At the conclusion of the lease term, which normally lasts around 25 years, the solar developer is responsible for the removal of solar panels and the decommissioning of all equipment and materials related to the solar project. This is true whether the lease expires or is terminated. Equipment not only includes the solar panels on your land, but also racking materials, wiring, inverters, and fencing.

The landowner should not be responsible for removing any of this equipment in order to restore their land to its pre-lease condition. The cleanup phase can take up to 12 months following the solar lease end date and signifies the official conclusion of the project. You can see an example below from a solar lease agreement LandGate uses with our clients and you can view a sample of a full solar lease option here. You’ll notice section 17 of this lease deals with the “Removal of the Project.” This clause specifies that the lessee must sever, disconnect, and remove the project and all of the lessee’s property from the landowner’s property and restore the property to its original condition. It also cites that the developer, not the lessee, is responsible for any costs associated with the removal efforts.

Sample lease?? In my state the land owner gets stuck with the bill.

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 03:23AM
Sorry to hear that, they should have got a better attorney.

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 03:42AM
It's all good on paper till the same good Lawyer wants more beer money, then they take you to the cleaners, cuz little fish like you ain't got the Zoooooockpaa to fight back -long and nasty. It's all good til it blows up in your face. One case scenario means nothing to others and past history does indicate future -but no guarantees in Life.

Re: sarcastically saying March 22, 2022 11:17AM
lutefisk and lefsa
Sorry to hear that, they should have got a better attorney.
Agree. My contract requires a state monitored bond to cover all cleanup costs in case of a default. This applies to anybody acquiring the lease down the line. This bond is fully funded upfront and has the same annual increase as the lease payments. It took 6 months of negotiations to iron it out. They also paid my attorney fees. The right attorneys are critical.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2