Mexican deeres June 03, 2022 09:08AM
Deere moving tractor cab production from Waterloo to Mexico

Between this and the labor issues, Deere & Co. has had some problems in recent years.

Now, if Hypermax moves to Mexico, the Case-IH pullers will have a problem. Smiling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2022 09:23AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Mexican deeres June 03, 2022 09:55AM
And meanwhile Kubota has announced another expansion To Invest another 140 Million in a New Georgia Factory.... Just as they open up more capacity in Texas and Distribution in California this month. Say what you want but i think The Japs are quietly moving chess around the board to become a major player in US AG

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 03, 2022 12:31PM
Well, Kubota was smart enough to locate the new facility in a state that has low union membership/interest, so there is that.
All John Deeres facilities are in high union number states, so Mexico is about the best option for avoiding that.
Used to be China.

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 03, 2022 02:04PM
Not all of Deereā€™s factories are union. The cane harvester and scraper factory in Louisiana is not union.

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 03, 2022 03:47PM
Correct.
And Deere isn't moving any production away from those non union plants, are they,,,,

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 04, 2022 04:51AM
HP
Correct.
And Deere isn't moving any production away from those non union plants, are they,,,,

I don't want to start an argument because I have nothing against any union. But you have a very good point. I have a Deere that was made in Mexico and have not had much trouble with it.

[www.tractordata.com]

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 04, 2022 07:38AM
Supertiquer

Correct.

I don't want to start an argument because I have nothing against any union. But you have a very good point. I have a Deere that was made in Mexico and have not had much trouble with it.

[www.tractordata.com]

The 6420 I have is made in Germany....Deere designed, but bade there......just because something is made outside the US , doesn't mean it's of poor quality, it's just that it "should" be made here, supporting American workers.
Nabraska test
[tractortestlab.unl.edu]

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 04, 2022 11:36AM
Should, Would, --Could, it's all about the ALMIGHTY dollar.

Re: Mexican deeres,, to AJ June 04, 2022 02:19PM
Deere's combined sales are greater overseas than they are here in the US. Also, they employ more at their factories overseas than they do in the US. The US is just a piece of the puzzle.

Re: Mexican deeres, June 05, 2022 11:18PM
BUT, on the other hand Deere is moving excavator production FROM China TO the good old USA. I think you will see more of this as time goes on due to the ongoing shipping and logistics issues.

maybe this thread June 04, 2022 04:26PM
Maybe this thread should get moved to the off topic forum?

Re: maybe this thread June 05, 2022 12:50AM
I agree Supertiquer.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2