Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? July 16, 2022 04:58PM
I just saw a map with areas that are going to experience black outs...mountain states were the worst followed closely by most of the west. Keep buying electric cars they said it will be fun they said! Keep shutting down power plants they said it will be fun they said. Cut off domestic oil they said it will be fun they said! Common sense is not so common these days.

People say it's not OL Uncle Joe's fault...just saw a video clip the other day of when he was campaigning telling a little girl that he would shut down petroleum completely...welcome to stupidity!

S'no Farmer

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? July 17, 2022 12:54AM
I really like how the White House Press tells us that the President doesn't have that much control over things like gas prices. They tell us how one man can't impact things that much. Yet in the very next sentence they'll tell you it's because of Putin's Price Hikes. So one guys does have that much influence.... but just not our guy?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? July 17, 2022 03:46AM
And on consecutive days a few weeks ago the press secretary said one day the President has no control over gas prices and the very next day said the President was doing everything he could to lower gas prices.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? July 18, 2022 03:20PM
I just read a story today about a family that bought their daughter a 2014 Ford Focus EV it had 60K miles after about 6 months it started acting up. They took it in for service, they were told that it needed a new battery at $14,000 but the kicker was that the battery was obsolete and they can't replace it. So they have an 8 year old car they paid $11,000 for that can't be fixed...it's basically junk. I would also be very surprised if a junk yard would event take it. Buy an EV they said, it'll be great they said!

S'no Farmer

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 09, 2022 07:45AM
I will never buy an EV, but I would lease one for this very reason S'no Farmer pointed out [ new battery at $14,000 but the kicker was that the battery was obsolete ] !!!

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 09, 2022 02:04AM
Looks to me the US Government has got the Cart ahead of the Horse once again. I'm not against being more energy efficient. But, 1st the US needs to improve the Electrical Grid system. 2nd they need to come up with a better way to produce Electricity, maybe Nuclear or Hydrogen power generators or ???? Solar and Wind may be a good thought but, hasn't been proven to be cost efficient for the energy produced. Plus Lots of costly $$$ maintenance and no place to dispose of / recycle the junk parts. Instead of the US Government giving out billion $ grants on why Bumble Bees fly and where a frog breeds, maybe they should be giving grants on producing affordable safe energy. There is many many brilliant minds in our world who might come up with a better solution.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 10, 2022 04:34AM
I wish I could give the U.S. government enough credit to say they are stupid. They are not stupid, they are enemies of the citizens they supposedly represent. I can no longer even refer to them as the U.S. government. They are a branch of a globalist one world government movement. A U.S.government would operate within the parameters of the U.S. constitution. Those in D.C. as well as many state & local governments do not. They do not even try to work around it anymore. They simply ignore it. With impunity. Some say they hate fossil fuels. They do not hate fossil fuels. They hate YOU. They hate the constitution & they hate all who oppose them. Fossil fuels are merely a tool in the tool box. Anyone who truly believes they are pushing electric vehicles to save the envirement needs to research the enviremental impact of extracting elements such as lithium & cobalt used in the production process & who has secured control of those elements in advance of the big electric vehicle push. Electric anything is simply easier to control from afar . The average person can not store it. 22,000 guinea pigs in Colorado got a small teaser of what can be done last week when they mistakenly thought THEY were in control of their homes temperature. Not so fast there folks. Someone else will decide that in the future.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 11, 2022 12:44AM
To SnoFarmer, the obsolete parts things happens to all vehicles. I have had many times where a part I need is obsolete or discontinued. It sucks, Most times these vehicles still have plenty of life left in them and then customers are stuck trying to find either a used part or stuck with a worthless car. I also think there are some dealerships that are taking advantage of customers and charging inflated prices on these vehicles. As for EV vehicles in general, I do feel that they aren't all bad. If someone has a shorter commute back and forth to work or sits in traffic, they work . I have customers that absolutely love them (granted I do collision repair). I don't feel they're all bad. Having everything go electric, that's a big no.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 11, 2022 01:42PM
Obsolete parts are one thing but for a 2014! That's garbage. It's a Ford Focus! It's not something exotic or rare. To me it's a HUGE fail by Ford.

I do think an electric vehicle makes sense for SOME people (if we can figure out where the electricity is going to come from) but banning new internal combustion engines isn't about saving the planet or helping the environment or anything like that but I'll save my tinfoil hat theory for some other time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2022 02:25PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: For all you Green New Deal buffs- Have you really thought through your ideas? September 12, 2022 01:38AM
Jake Morgan
Obsolete parts are one thing but for a 2014! That's garbage. It's a Ford Focus! It's not something exotic or rare. To me it's a HUGE fail by Ford.

I do think an electric vehicle makes sense for SOME people (if we can figure out where the electricity is going to come from) but banning new internal combustion engines isn't about saving the planet or helping the environment or anything like that but I'll save my tinfoil hat theory for some other time.

You should go on and give your tinfoil hat theory. In the past two years just about every single "conspiracy theory" has turned out to be true. The conspiracies are usually proven and announced via the corrupt media but they say it in passing and move on to the next news cycle.

So chances are your theory is correct. In fact in this case whatever the most corrupt reason you can think of for pushing electric vehicles is definitely true. There is nothing but nefarious actions behind EVs.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2