? for Parents about schools in your area October 11, 2022 06:32AM
In my area, there is an epidemic of wokeness in the schools. Hopefully, that ship can get righted after school board elections in a few weeks.

My question for the board is: If your child's school has implemented what you consider to be inappropriate or woke ideologies, could you share examples?

For example, in my area, a parent shared with my wife that her kid's kindergarten teacher wanted them to name their pronouns. In kindergarten! If your schools have these types of woke leftwing antics, please share.

Thanks

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 12, 2022 03:50PM
Every board member in my school district, including the Super., in the Fairless Sch. dist. in Navarre , Oh. are lefties.....BUT.....
I home school my kids , so I fixed that problem.
But yes, public schooling is in a bad place, has been for a long time.

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 14, 2022 02:17AM
I can only relate a few observations / experiences with our small rural district in Ohio. Keep in mind this was 20 + years ago. One, is at least in these smaller districts, the boards are clueless. They are ordinary working people trying to help out. The Superintendent sets the agenda & runs the show. Board meetings are a joke. The Superintendent leads his 5 sheep in. After the ceremonial call to order, he takes over & runs the meeting. Telling the board what needs voted on & what outcome is needed. Often referencing " as I was saying " referencing private discussions which are supposedly illegal. Once everything is officially rubber stamped the meeting is quickly adjourned to " executive session " which you , the parent\ check writer are not invited. If by some chance some trouble making resident has a question & wishes to address it, they must 1st apply for a 3 minute speaking permit in advance with the Superintreceipt stating what you intend to ask,/ discuss. The superintendent can approve or deny it .My issue with that is under Ohio law the board can not meet individually or discuss school business outside that public meeting. Thus a school employee ( superintendent) decides if I can address my elected representives. In our case we inadvertantly learned long after the fact that 2 of ours had been called in for private 1 on 1 interviews with the guidance counselor. This was done in 1st grade. When we demanded records or evaluations of what was discussed none were available. It was "just routine". To "get to know them." The high school guidance counsellor. The kids thought nothing of it. Said it was just talking about what Mom & Dad did. What time they worked. What do you talk about at dinner. You go shopping with them, what do they usually buy. What do you do over summer. Stuff a 1st grader would think nothing of discussing. We also found out 1 of them was being pulled from math class occasionally & sent with a small group of 4 or 5 others to meet with this same mysterious counsellor from the high school. The Superintentdant described this as just a routine meeting meant to help improve students self esteem. But when these questions were in writing he flat out denied it. Our child & one other who' s parents we met with described bizzare activities like talking into mirrors & repeating chants such as I am great, I am good. My wife sent a certified return receipt letter to the Superintent , board & principal that no such meetings were ever again to take place without our written consent, hurriedly got up to speed on homeschooling , yanked them out & never looked back. As best we could learn these were activities done to obtain grant money from the D.A.R.E. program. But we continued to enjoy the privaledge of funding a school so bad we considered unusable. This was 1999. I can' t even imagine what goes on today, but rest assured these Superintendents are well trained at deception, easing fears, & whom to glad hand in the community to gain favor.

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 14, 2022 03:58AM
Rerun
I can only relate a few observations / experiences with our small rural district in Ohio. Keep in mind this was 20 + years ago. One, is at least in these smaller districts, the boards are clueless. They are ordinary working people trying to help out. The Superintendent sets the agenda & runs the show. Board meetings are a joke. The Superintendent leads his 5 sheep in. After the ceremonial call to order, he takes over & runs the meeting. Telling the board what needs voted on & what outcome is needed. Often referencing " as I was saying " referencing private discussions which are supposedly illegal. Once everything is officially rubber stamped the meeting is quickly adjourned to " executive session " which you , the parent\ check writer are not invited. If by some chance some trouble making resident has a question & wishes to address it, they must 1st apply for a 3 minute speaking permit in advance with the Superintreceipt stating what you intend to ask,/ discuss. The superintendent can approve or deny it .My issue with that is under Ohio law the board can not meet individually or discuss school business outside that public meeting. Thus a school employee ( superintendent) decides if I can address my elected representives. In our case we inadvertantly learned long after the fact that 2 of ours had been called in for private 1 on 1 interviews with the guidance counselor. This was done in 1st grade. When we demanded records or evaluations of what was discussed none were available. It was "just routine". To "get to know them." The high school guidance counsellor. The kids thought nothing of it. Said it was just talking about what Mom & Dad did. What time they worked. What do you talk about at dinner. You go shopping with them, what do they usually buy. What do you do over summer. Stuff a 1st grader would think nothing of discussing. We also found out 1 of them was being pulled from math class occasionally & sent with a small group of 4 or 5 others to meet with this same mysterious counsellor from the high school. The Superintentdant described this as just a routine meeting meant to help improve students self esteem. But when these questions were in writing he flat out denied it. Our child & one other who' s parents we met with described bizzare activities like talking into mirrors & repeating chants such as I am great, I am good. My wife sent a certified return receipt letter to the Superintent , board & principal that no such meetings were ever again to take place without our written consent, hurriedly got up to speed on homeschooling , yanked them out & never looked back. As best we could learn these were activities done to obtain grant money from the D.A.R.E. program. But we continued to enjoy the privaledge of funding a school so bad we considered unusable. This was 1999. I can' t even imagine what goes on today, but rest assured these Superintendents are well trained at deception, easing fears, & whom to glad hand in the community to gain favor.

I don't think oue school board is "that" bad, but the board and super can't be trusted, and the super calls himself a Christian......ya, right.!

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 18, 2022 05:56AM
We home school our kids for the same reason .

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 18, 2022 09:06AM
Home school here too, sounds like it’s catching on

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 13, 2022 05:21AM
Sad to hear that kids as young as kindergarten are having left wing ideology crammed down their throats. If they are starting that young I can only imagine what your district is teaching high school kids.

Unfortunately, it seems that left wing ideas are forced upon kids and if you speak out against it you're just a racist, xenophobic, antigay etc etc......

While unrelated to the school topic you brought up, here in BG Ohio there was a local police officer who just lost his job because the media found out he posts on a conservative forum with what they view as "extreme ideas".

Whether it be in the school or in everyday life the country as a whole is trying to force their left wing bs upon all of us.

I don't have kids yet but I'm thankful the district we are in is still overwhelmingly conservative.

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 19, 2022 01:48PM
BrandonA
Sad to hear that kids as young as kindergarten are having left wing ideology crammed down their throats. If they are starting that young I can only imagine what your district is teaching high school kids.

Unfortunately, it seems that left wing ideas are forced upon kids and if you speak out against it you're just a racist, xenophobic, antigay etc etc......

While unrelated to the school topic you brought up, here in BG Ohio there was a local police officer who just lost his job because the media found out he posts on a conservative forum with what they view as "extreme ideas".

Whether it be in the school or in everyday life the country as a whole is trying to force their left wing bs upon all of us.

I don't have kids yet but I'm thankful the district we are in is still overwhelmingly conservative.

Don't bank on that, being overwhelmingly conservative, that is.
Wait until some leftist or ignorant snowflake starts complaining about something , and watch them start caving like dominoes.
Same thing we have in our district.....a board and superintendant that wants to be considered "conservative", but has no integrity or spine to stand up and do the right thing..

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 13, 2022 12:23PM
My three kids go to small rural elementary school (about 50-70 kids per graduating class). So far I haven't seen or heard of any woke nonsense creeping into our school. My kids are in 5th, 3rd, and 2nd grades and we talk about all the garbage in society with them. So far I've been extremely thankful but I have a feeling it will get here eventually. My hope is that my wife and I continue to educate the kids about the false narratives of Critical Theory (race nonsense, gender ideology, intersectionality, etc... are all part of Critical Theory) and hopefully my kids will be able to recognize it and let us know when they hear it (sadly most adult don't know much about it and it's the most common worldview that's behind most of the woke nonsense)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 18, 2022 04:47AM
Our local school has avoided the woke ideology but we also have graduating classes of about 120-130.

It seems my parents did the right thing by encouraging me to learn history. Reading history books is the best way to teach children. They can form political opinions from there but at least they'll be educated on the FACTS when they do form an opinion.

Re: ? for Parents about schools in your area October 19, 2022 01:54PM
BrandonA
Our local school has avoided the woke ideology but we also have graduating classes of about 120-130.

It seems my parents did the right thing by encouraging me to learn history. Reading history books is the best way to teach children. They can form political opinions from there but at least they'll be educated on the FACTS when they do form an opinion.

You are spot on, as far as focusing on history with home schooling.
If homeschooling like I do, you need to really look into the materials you use.
There's a LOT of good materials out there that teach stuff you will NEVER find in public schooling.

Homeschooling and never look back. You'll be glad you did one day! October 19, 2022 02:12PM
My wife decided to home school our children back in about 1990. Our daughter had 2 years of public INDOCTRINATION!!! And our son never stepped foot into the world of public INDOCTRINATION. My daughter runs her own successful business to this day and my son became a very accomplished diesel mechanic and has actually built several injection pumps over the years for some Grand National level tractors and trucks under the Performance Fuel Systems pioneer Mark Massey. Both of my children are quite successful in their respective trades. My hats off to my wife who put them through the paces at least 6 hours a day until they both graduated with honors through the Abeka Academy of Pensacola Florida. I highly recommend this Cristian based program for anyone considering homeschooling their own children or grandchildren. I wasn't on board at first, but my wife knocked it out of the park with our children's education. May God Bless the children of our quickly failing nation and the world.

Re: Homeschooling and never look back. You'll be glad you did one day! October 19, 2022 02:18PM
We’re using the Abeka system also

Re: Homeschooling and never look back. You'll be glad you did one day! October 19, 2022 02:29PM
Home Schooler
My wife decided to home school our children back in about 1990. Our daughter had 2 years of public INDOCTRINATION!!! And our son never stepped foot into the world of public INDOCTRINATION. My daughter runs her own successful business to this day and my son became a very accomplished diesel mechanic and has actually built several injection pumps over the years for some Grand National level tractors and trucks under the Performance Fuel Systems pioneer Mark Massey. Both of my children are quite successful in their respective trades. My hats off to my wife who put them through the paces at least 6 hours a day until they both graduated with honors through the Abeka Academy of Pensacola Florida. I highly recommend this Cristian based program for anyone considering homeschooling their own children or grandchildren. I wasn't on board at first, but my wife knocked it out of the park with our children's education. May God Bless the children of our quickly failing nation and the world.

That's what I use, along with other materials from other sources.
It takes commitment, especially if a child is having trouble, but it's well worth it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2