The pulloff numbers at NTPA GN events.

Published September 13, 2012 02:28PM, by Dick MorganViewed: 4230 times

Add Photo Caption Here
I started to wonder how often the NTPA has pulloff in all their respective classes. I did a count of the average number of vehicles in each class. The next information that I gathered was the percent of times that each class had a pulloff. Here is a breakdown of the average number in each class, along with the percent of times that each class has a pulloff. I did not use the number from Bowling Green as I believe that BG is a special event that does not reflect the true average of GN pullers.

1; SF averaged 19 per event, they averaged 3 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 50% of their events.

2; TWD averaged 20 per event, they averaged 4.6 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff 56% of their events

3; DSS averaged 10 per event, they averaged 3.5 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff 50% of their events.

4; Mods averaged 8 per event, they averaged 2.9 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 65% of their events.

5; Semi averaged 7 per event, they averaged 3 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 55% of their events.

6; SSO averaged 9 per event, they averaged 2.5 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 42% of their events.

7; FWD averaged 15 per event, they averaged 3 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 66% of their events.

8; Mini averaged 17 per event, they averaged 3.1 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 76% of their events.

9; LSS averaged 9 per event, they averaged 3 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 44% of their events.

10; PS averaged 13 per event, they averaged 3.1 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 46% of their events.

11; Unl.Mods averaged 9 per event, they averaged 3 per pulloff, and they had a pulloff in 70% of their events.
Pulloffs add to the show!
It’s time to rethink the entire pull-pulloff rule. Here are some ideas to that end.

It was interesting that the class with the most motors would average the second highest percent of pulloffs per event.

After looking over the numbers I couldn’t help but notice that at a large percentage of NTPA GN events where run under the “floating finish line” rule, and at Hazel Green in the SF class 4 vehicles went 400’ and 19 went passed the 320 line with all but one in the class going passed 300’, not hardly a safe situation to say the least.

And another thing that I notice was at several 2-day events there would be a pulloff in almost every class at one session while at the same show and a different session the distances would far exceed 320, with several vehicles going 330 plus with no pulloff. I can’t believe that in one session there is perfect weather and the other session there is a weather related concern. It looks to me that it’s really more a lack of consistency.

Another thing I noticed was that the Unlimited Mod class also had the highest average of vehicles in a pulloff with 3 per event. And the Mini class had the highest percent of pulloffs with an average 76% and an average of 2.5 vehicles in a pulloff

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 04:56AM by Jake Morgan.

Comments

Post A Comment

Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,607, Posts: 229,661, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 59, Posts: 59.

Our newest member JD_8520