Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 25, 2009 12:06AM
Quote from Ol George
The manufacturers used to be interested, somewhere along the way the mindset changed I don't know if it was from competitors or the company but I do know that when you talk tractor pulling to a company they look at you like you fell out of a tree. The only place that seems to have company support at this time in pulling is across the pond and I still believe that until the major companies lose their free advertising they will never be interested again. They know we are here and they can also see how brand loyal some of us are; so why should they spend money through us when we will do it for free. I guess this is why I still pull the brands that are considered one off makes for a unique conversation in the pits. Btw, every brand of tractor I have seen the dealership has a parts counter and a full shop, so enough with how great one is over the other.

Wake up..... pullers can be so much futher ahead if you would stop with the wining over which company is better then the others. Look out side the box for a bit. You want to pull something Pull the LOGO's off your tractor. Pull some attention to the Sport.

Just look at all the people that are watching you out there and they see you dont have a brand on your tractor.
What do you think they are going to do??? They are going to Talk about it to you, there freinds, family, and really tell the DEALERS.. Then the dealers will talk in general about it to the corp. rep. about it durring a phone or visit to the dealer and Just maybe, Maybe some support of Pulling may come from Corperate. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR YOU LATELY

So why are most all of you putting on those decals?? did you get them Free? or did you pay some one for them Just to advertize for the BRAND you Pull?

Re: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 25, 2009 03:01AM
Finally some people who GET IT!!!!!

Re: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 25, 2009 03:42AM
Albino Buck is a perfect example of what you are talking about. They went out and bought JD decals and JD paint so it could be genuine junk deere. Keep on buying your napkin holders and salt and pepper shakers because John Deere loves the money. As far as that goes buy your GM Earnhart merchandise. Rick Wagner loves his $23 million dollar paycheck.

Re: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 25, 2009 05:45AM
its a great idea.But it takes more than one or two puller to see a differance.Parts also are be covered like oil,oil filters,gaskits,fuel&tires.

Re: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 26, 2009 08:52AM
MOST PULLERS NEED TO TAKE OFF THE MANUFACTURE DECALS.

OPEN THERE EYE'S UP A BIT
I AM SURE PPL CAN GIVE YOU SOME MORE STICKERS

Re: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 26, 2009 12:19PM
I THINK YOU GUYS HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT ACTUALLY STARTED THIS SPORT. IT WASN'T THE NEIGHBORS THAT HAD BOTH OF THE SAME COLORS IN THE SHED. BUT I DO AGREE THE MORE COLORS OUT THERE MAKES BETTER COMPETITION. BUT THE GREENER: THE MEANER!!! Eye Popping

ConfusedSadRe: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 28, 2009 10:21AM
I was there during most of the start.

Too many people are making money off the pullers and they are the show and Just like Farming they are getting the shaft.

PULL THE DECALS OFF AND GET STARTED.

have you ever noticed that most all the things you buy the send you a decal to put on your tractor? there is a reason

Re: ConfusedSadRe: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 29, 2009 02:49AM
One problem with pulling is it attracts a niche' market. The pulling fan base is generally from rural areas, they demographically have less disposable income than many other motorsport fan bases. I very much enjoy pulling tractors and will do so for quite some time to come but if anyone is to believe that any tractor / equipment manufacturer will willingly come forth and give away millions of dollars because you remove a decal? Well that is a bit naieve. Attempts to coerce or blackmail anyone to do anything they don't want to do generally ends in failure. Inevitably the decal boycott will end with you purchasing new decals from the very manufacturer you tried to blackmail. This will only serve to weaken the "movement".
My suggestion would be to offer something the tractor manufacturers can tangibly appreciate, an offer that shows them a return on their investment. What is that? A potential customer through their door, or better yet a sale. This will entice the manufacturer to seek out the puller and ask him for the opportunity to advertise on his tractor. Unfortunately tractor pulling is a hobby of such miniscule impact outside of the U.S and a few European countries (Australia included) that we are not even a consideration to anyone other than the local fan base and the pullers who participate in the pulls. We oftentimes see ourselves as a much more formidable entity than we actually are.
My final thought and suggestion: have fun with it, enjoy it while you can and try to make the most of any opportunity you have to sell your hobby but don't be the guy who is angry about the hobby you have chosen to participate in . The few who are lucky enough to make a living doing what they love are to be envied and imitated. Just a few thoughts.

Re: ConfusedSadRe: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 29, 2009 04:28AM
Rob,
Very well said. A lot of the manufacturers pulling their support out of tractor pulling had to do with product liability laws and the threat of being sued for producing components that might lead to an injury or death. Remember this was when the safety equipment on the tractors was almost non existent. Financial support would be nice from the tractor companies but I don't see it happening unless it was like the contingency programs that have been used for years with NTPA. I see the point of pulling off the decals to try and boycott support to that manufacturer but if you don’t like that manufacturer that much then why use their product. With the correct sheet metal on a tractor it won’t matter if you paint a JD tractor purple, everyone will know what it is. Thanks, Bruce

Re: ConfusedSadRe: Thumbs UpTHANK YOU ol George JD/IH/MF/NH....... WAKE UP PEOPLE. January 29, 2009 11:14PM
The manufactures are going to be involved in pullers but not the way anyone wants. It may slow down tractor pulling and the look for sponsors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,765, Posts: 229,931, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM