hp and wheels February 09, 2009 08:13AM
heard stories about cast wheel wedges breaking while pulling, only seen it once -is it a common problem?

Re: hp and wheels February 09, 2009 08:27AM
They are stong if kept tight. Need to tightend every twenty minutes for a hour after they have been loosened ,witch is chore in itself.

Re: hp and wheels February 10, 2009 12:41PM
tight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are stong if kept tight. Need to tightend
> every twenty minutes for a hour after they have
> been loosened ,witch is chore in itself.

pulled a couple years back....had one break in a stock farm class....was on a 4430...10,000lb...only made about 300hp...we were very anal about checking the bolts (even had new bolts in it)

Re: hp and wheels February 11, 2009 01:50AM
seen H.A THREET break 1 on fri nite & 1 on sat nite at crossroads of dixie show 2yrs ago that convinced me and them that they were not strong enough . that could get serious with out a rollcage

Re: hp and wheels February 11, 2009 02:34AM
so a guy is probably a lot better off as far as safety goes running steel wheels with a good heavy hub or even a weld-on hub right???

Re: hp and wheels February 11, 2009 05:26PM
Go with weld on, broke 2 sets of dual hubs with less than 3 hooks apart.

Re: hp and wheels February 12, 2009 12:02AM
Cast wheels are good for boat anchors NOT for pulling any organization that mandates cast in anything over complety out of the field off the @#$%& spreader farm stock is crazy. What about a bystandard when that cast explodes?

Re: hp and wheels February 12, 2009 12:06AM
either one welds are the best only if youaxle bearings are done first and you can set the weld hub in as far as you can so later on you put a wider tire on you don't have to cut them off and have to reset them and waste your money Thedual hubs that are good to run are M/w 3-7/8" Ubolts if you can find them you'll have to tigthen them every 4 to5 pulls and usually ther not loose I ran them 2years on altered 700 to800 HP never broke and I broke 1"U first year I ran them this is agood way to go until you figure out were you want to be before putting on weldon once there on there on I've seen guys put them on and change class tire wouldn't fit and had to buy new ones and another set of axles

Re: hp and wheels February 13, 2009 03:12AM
The new too hot to farm class in SW Wisconsin is making cast manditory. wonder what they are gonna do when someone gets killed and how they are gonna pay all the lawsuits????????? maybe we should start a collection for them now...

Re: hp and wheels February 16, 2009 07:54AM
you have to use new bolts and check your hubs for cracks if all good hot farm and altered willhave tuff time breaking them

Re: hp and wheels February 18, 2009 11:34AM
There are guys still running cast in altered farm and the 2hot class tractors won't run that hot, but I am one that helped found the class and I am not impressed with the rule myself! I have already busted one set of cast and next I am putting on my weld ons. I hope we can change that rule eventually if we get enough guys that want to hook with us I think we can change some minds!

Re: hp and wheels February 19, 2009 02:29AM
on a different note, what if we hook with you guys in the too hot to farm class and then go to a pull that you dont have, and want to hook in the farm class do you suppose everyone would make a big stink about it? i think it would be a big fight, what is your take on that??

Re: hp and wheels February 19, 2009 01:03PM
I agree it would be no different if someone hooked in altered and come back to 2hot. I hooked altered first year I put my tractor together and was able to laugh that I took third out of six but two broke and one couldn't get her to light up correctly and people been on me ever since! I love the sport but alot of people whine.

Re: hp and wheels February 22, 2009 07:32AM
i think you forgot justin about the points champ you beat to at reedsburg. thats why they get on your case about farm class the following pull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 07:33AM by redpuller460.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM